1.    #1  
    Sorry if this was posted before, I did a search and didn't see anything pop right up with what I'm looking for.

Hoping to confirm Treo 600 purchase today, so I am going to sell my T300 on eBay. Will doing a hard reset get rid of all personal information on the unit and set it back to the original settings? What about my network id, etc.? Will that even matter if the unit is removed from my plan (i.e. my network id and password will be non-existent anymore)? Anything else to consider?

Thanks for any help.

Matt
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    Sorry if this was posted before, I did a search and didn't see anything pop right up with what I'm looking for.

Hoping to confirm Treo 600 purchase today, so I am going to sell my T300 on eBay. Will doing a hard reset get rid of all personal information on the unit and set it back to the original settings? What about my network id, etc.? Will that even matter if the unit is removed from my plan (i.e. my network id and password will be non-existent anymore)? Anything else to consider?

Thanks for any help.

Matt
    Yes, a hard reset will erase all information in RAM and return the Treo to its factory settings. The only thing it won't erase is if you used the updater to upgrade the firmware. Other than that, it will be just like you got it out of the box.
    A hard reset will still leave you or someone else with the ability to make and receive calls. I *believe* that an "extended hard reset" *may*finish the job though this needs to be confirmed. Either that or insuring with Sprint (safest) that the transition goes smoothly.
    how do you do an "extended hard reset" ?
    As long as you deactivate your T300s ESN with Sprint, your T300 cannot make and receive billable calls. It would still permit calls to 611 and 911, for example. So, a hard reset and an ESN cancellation with Sprint will effectively make the unit saleable.