1.    #1  
    i've heard about getting a $50 to $100 rebate from handspring for current t300 owners. where is this info located on their site or how to get the rebate?
    It doesn't exist....yet. Called Handspring today, and the guy had no idea when the unit would even be available on their site for sale (sometime in the fall).

I would imagine at that time we'll see something about the rebate.

Matt
    I wish I knew the answer to this question. I don't know if I should wait to order the T600 from Sprint now or wait for the Handspring site to offer it. I would hate to simply lose out on the Handspring rebate if it means waiting another couple of days.
  4.    #4  
    people are posting that they are already figuring in a $50 mail-in rebate today when they called and ordered a 600 from sprint. one person claimed to sign up for a $100 rebate from handspring already.
    Originally posted by Ken505
    I wish I knew the answer to this question. I don't know if I should wait to order the T600 from Sprint now or wait for the Handspring site to offer it. I would hate to simply lose out on the Handspring rebate if it means waiting another couple of days.
    If saving $50 to $100 is more important to you than a week or so without the Treo, then you should wait. If money is not an issue, order immediately!
    Originally posted by silverado

If saving $50 to $100 is more important to you than a week or so without the Treo, then you should wait. If money is not an issue, order immediately!
    I can't believe I'm saying this, bbut I think I will wait until Handspring puts the GSM version up to see what kind of deal I can get.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I talked to a handspring rep last week. as far as the rebate goes all we should have to do is give them our serial # and they will give us a rebate. didn't say a price. he thought sometime this week or next is when the 600 would be officially out

hope this helps
    ...so you don't have to buy a T600 from them at the same time???

Matt
    Well as far as the amount, I heard Jeff Hawkins and Ed Colligan say at Mission Possible SF that the rebate would be around $100. Let's see if they stick to their guns.

By the way, is Handspring a ghost ship now?? Their website still only says "Sneak peek at new Treo." What's up with that??! Shouldn't they have a little more hoopla about the Treo 600 by now, a little more glitz and fanfare? It hasn't changed in months!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    The rep I spoke to at Handspring said you would have to buy it from Handspring to get the discount, so if you want the discount, you should wait
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Well as far as the amount, I heard Jeff Hawkins and Ed Colligan say at Mission Possible SF that the rebate would be around $100. Let's see if they stick to their guns.

By the way, is Handspring a ghost ship now?? Their website still only says "Sneak peek at new Treo." What's up with that??! Shouldn't they have a little more hoopla about the Treo 600 by now, a little more glitz and fanfare? It hasn't changed in months!
    It's a soft roll out. The only hoopla is here where we know that, and a few other places. To the rest of the world, it's not announced for official sale yet. All our own excitement leads us to think that this is much bigger, or more widespread, than it is. Of course, in MY mind it is.
    I received $200 in service credits for buying 2 T600s (replacing T300 and LG)...so I guess I got a good deal...Handspring rebate or not. Maybe I'll still be able to finagle the Handspring rebate too...

Matt
    I just think that it would be difficult to get a discount from Handspring and the discounts from Sprint if you had to buy the Treo 600 on HS website.

I remember with my Treo 300...I bought it from Sprint and then sent my old PDA to Handspring for their rebate with information about my buy from Sprint.

I would be more concerned about offer dates since I was burned by Apple for buying one month too soon.

And since HS hasnt announced their rebate plan...I wouldnt expect them to honor any early purchases.
    I think it would be pretty crappy of HS not to honor the rebate for anyone who ordered a week or so in advance. That would be a MAJOR slap in the face to their loyal user base. Still, I will wait for the rebate offer to be safe.

Trust no one Mr. Mulder. (Not even Cris Carter writing the last two seasons)
    I'm curious to know if this supposed Handspring rebate will require sending them your phone. If I have to send them my Treo 300 to get the rebate, I'd probably be better off selling it on eBay instead. I'm not currently locked into a contract.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Most things I've read on the board talk about getting the official Handspring rebate by 1) buying the phone directly from Handspring, and 2) putting in your phone's serial number at check out to receive it.

I don't at all know anything about getting a Handspring rebate if you buy the phone somewhere else...