1.    #1  
    I ordered earlier today and am curious what comes in the box. Does anyone know?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Go look at the Sprint Business sales web site. It tells you everything you are asking.

macfan
    It doth boggle my mind that people can blindly order a product without even knowing what they're ordering; does this not strike anyone else as totally ironic?

That being said, I'm not knockin' anyone...we all want a 600 in our hands, and it's obvious we'll go to great lengths to get 'em. I just think it's funny that we're in such a mad-dash to order, that we don't fully well know what we're ordering. Maybe it's just me, though....
    Includes:
    AC Charger, USB HotSync Cable, Slipcase, Hands-Free Headset, Start Here Guide, CD-ROM including Palm Desktop Software and synchronization software for Windows and Macintosh

http://sprint.com/pcsbusiness/device...spring600.html
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by NocTurnerV
    It doth boggle my mind that people can blindly order a product without even knowing what they're ordering; does this not strike anyone else as totally ironic?

That being said, I'm not knockin' anyone...we all want a 600 in our hands, and it's obvious we'll go to great lengths to get 'em. I just think it's funny that we're in such a mad-dash to order, that we don't fully well know what we're ordering. Maybe it's just me, though....
    It's not just you...I think it's stupid too, but I seem to be driven by my inner need for all things tech. It's beyond my control...

It was the same way 4 or 5 years ago when the Visor Deluxe came out. I waited forever, paid $250, and have since give up trying to lug it around with my bulky and outdated Nokia cell phone.

It's worth $30 on eBay. Maybe I'll try to trade that in to "offset the cost of upgrading."
    What I think is interesting is the number of folks who need to have one NOW rather than waiting for Number Portability and its almost-certainly-guaranteed price war.

That's weird.
    I can't freakin' believe that for $599 list they're not including a charging base. That's so cheesey - two cables instead of a base unit.
    Thought this might be helpful, this is the Treo 600 data sheet from Sprint.

http://3gwiz.com/datasheets/treo600info.pdf

Greg
    Last edited by gmsmith21; 10/07/2003 at 06:40 AM.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    What I think is interesting is the number of folks who need to have one NOW rather than waiting for Number Portability and its almost-certainly-guaranteed price war.

That's weird.
    Aside from the addictive aspects of new technology (I speak as a happy victim...), I am not sure that the number portability will have that much impact on some individuals. It lowers the barrier for switching, but only so far as the convenience of keeping your business card and not having to tell everyone that you have a new number. I am not knocking it - its great. But it won't allow me to take my CDMA phone onto a GSM carrier either.

I thought this through carefully before committing to the Treo 600 on Sprint for another 2 years. My wife and I share a Sprint account, she will stick to her Treo 300 for now and I am upgrading. If we made use of number portability we would have to sign new contracts in order to get the new phones we would need, and since we like high-end PDA phones this still represents a significant investment in hardware. So it is probably more economic for us to stay where we are. I guess if we were already on a GSM network maybe it would be easier to switch carriers (I may be wrong).

Post-purchase rationalization? Some might say so...
    Well, I'm certainly familiar with the "addicted" reasoning - once bought an Amiga at an auction for almost as much as a Treo 600! The Good Old Days...

-----

I think the Number Portability stuff will see some pretty amazing deals and actually may detrimentally affect carriers who aren't doing all that well, anyway - Sprint is one of those carriers (as another poster mentioned somewhere on TreoCentral, Sprint was already losing customers - number portability can only change that to the worse).

But this is a discussion for another thread - probably on a more carrier-oriented message board.