Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    GOT IT!!!!!! WOOHOO

I just placed the order, dialed 888-253-1315, spoke to Yolanda, and she was the first person all day that knew what I was talking about, and said she had been processing orders for the 600 all day long. It really does seem like I have a 600 on the way. I then asked her about a credit on the phone, and she said that the credit was for new customers and new numbers, but as I had been a good customer for a long time, she would send me to customer service and I could see what they would do for me. Customer service credited my account for $150 as long as I would agree to extend my contract for one more year. I said ok. So, tomorrow I will call to get my tracking number and change the delivery to overnight. The customer service gal did say not to say anything to sprint about calling ups to change the address, as it would send up red flags regarding fraud. Just get the tracking number and call ups yourself should you want it quicker or to a different (in my case the hotel I will be at this week on the road) address.

Good Luck,

YAHOO
    Jeff
    Originally posted by Snowracer
    GOT IT!!!!!! WOOHOO

I just placed the order, dialed 888-253-1315, spoke to Yolanda, and she was the first person all day that knew what I was talking about, and said she had been processing orders for the 600 all day long. It really does seem like I have a 600 on the way. I then asked her about a credit on the phone, and she said that the credit was for new customers and new numbers, but as I had been a good customer for a long time, she would send me to customer service and I could see what they would do for me. Customer service credited my account for $150 as long as I would agree to extend my contract for one more year. I said ok. So, tomorrow I will call to get my tracking number and change the delivery to overnight. The customer service gal did say not to say anything to sprint about calling ups to change the address, as it would send up red flags regarding fraud. Just get the tracking number and call ups yourself should you want it quicker or to a different (in my case the hotel I will be at this week on the road) address.

Good Luck,

YAHOO
    Yolanda's been working a LONG day. I ordered from her this morning at 10am PDT. She was great. Too funny.
    WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON THE PHONE, I HAVE HEARD SO MANY PRICES,! $ ____.__ MINUS $150. WHAT IS THE PRICE? THANKS AND TAKE CARE, JAY OOPPS SORRY to shout
    what was the final price. After the rebates.
    $599.99, minus whatever discount.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have never seen UPS let the recipient change the shipping address. Let me know if you have success and what you told them. I too am away from home and at a hotel and wanted it shipped here and the CSR said they could only ship to my billing address.
    John
  7.    #7  
    The final charge, per Yolanda, with tax and shipping, was $635.19, minus the $150 credit, equals $485.19. As I recall, I paid almost 2 grand for the very first StarTac sold in the Ontario St downtown Chicago office, so I am looking at this as an OK deal...
    Jeff
    620 - 150 = 470. the starting price was phone plus tax.

Oh yeah, free shipping.. nice margin on this handset.
  9.    #9  
    Dont try to change any of the info with the Sprint customer service person. Get the tracking number and call UPS. If they wont do it, oh well, it should be at my home when I get there on Friday.
    Jeff
  10.    #10  
    I forgot to mention, I hope that when the phone gets here, I will be able to contact handspring for a rebate as well....
    Jeff
    Hmm weird...I wasn't quoted tax. They said the final charge to my account was 449. after the 150 rebate. Maybe since my account was an old business corp account.....They also gave me my new phone # and a special code to unlock the phone when I get it as they said it is now activated....Because I had an old Big 5 corp plan I think i got bounced to some funky dept. But they seemed to know the details...Did everyone get their new phone # already if they used the add a phone feature?
    I called the same 888 number and ordered mine too.... total charged to CC was $ 449.99.... the $150 was an INSTANT rebate for new customer/2 yr plan. I like! I should get mine by Thurs or Fri this week. I will contact HS about rebate (the CSR had no clue about this) I assume this is a $50 deal so we are down to 399.99!
    Originally posted by itlan
    Hmm weird...I wasn't quoted tax. They said the final charge to my account was 449. after the 150 rebate. Maybe since my account was an old business corp account.....They also gave me my new phone # and a special code to unlock the phone when I get it as they said it is now activated....Because I had an old Big 5 corp plan I think i got bounced to some funky dept. But they seemed to know the details...Did everyone get their new phone # already if they used the add a phone feature?
    I was told that the tax would be on the first bill.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone, my order is in. :-D

$50 - 700 Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Night & Weekends
    $15 - PCS Vision Pictures Pack (first 2 mos. free)
    $25 - PCS Add-A-Phone with PCS Vision (first 2 mos. free)
    FREE - Unlimited PCS to PCS Calling
    $8 - PCS Equipment Replacement Plan ($4 ea. phone)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $98 per month total

Two Treo 600's $449.99 ea. after $150 discount each. (new customer)

I would reccommend going ever the service plans on their web site before you call and knowing exactly what you do and don't want. I was told I had to get the $40 per month Buisness Plan because of the data features; but I told her I don't use those features and asked if I could get the Pictures Pack instead -- I got no resistance! It was very straightforward. I was given the actual phone numbers and told I would recieve them both, already activated, as early Wednesday; Friday at the latest. I was also told that two free external batteries were included in my order?? Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

I've gotten addicted to this board over the past few months, now look what y'all have gotten me into... :-P Won't need my cardboard model anymore Good luck all.
    Originally posted by Snowracer
    As I recall, I paid almost 2 grand for the very first StarTac sold in the Ontario St downtown Chicago office, so I am looking at this as an OK deal...
    Wow, I forgot about that!!! I paid 2 grand for the first StarTac too!
    added a second line (original treo 300) 20$ more per month no additional minutes included. free phone to phone time .received $150 off total by establishing new number for second phone. 2 year agreement. 449$ to card. tax is charged to next sprint statement. shipping free, activation waived. 3-5 days receipt of.

pcs vision first phone $15 second phone $5.
    equipment replacement service $4 each
    voice command $5 each
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/07/2003 at 12:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey snow racer or anyone else who ordered the Treo 600:

I ordered this morning and just got my tracking number. My number was 12 characters long but that seems awefully short as UPS Tracking numbers go.

Let me know if your tracking numbers are only 12 digits long.

P.S. My 2 year contract is set to expire on 4/28/05! So, needless to say I received NO DISCOUNT as Sprint has me by the balls!
    if my memory serves me, ups tracking numbers aren't issued until the product has actually shipped. if you have a ups number visit the ups sight and enter it. you'll know soon enough if it's correct.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip but UPS numbers are issued prior to shipping and ussually take a day to "hit" UPS.

I also already tried the UPS website. I was just wondering if you or anyone had their number and if it was 12 digits long. The waiting is killing me
    Hey, how are you guys getting tracking numbers? I ordered my Treo at around 11 AM (PST) and my credit card has been charged. However when I called *2 for order number and tracking info... the CSR was only able to find an order number - no tracking information.

Also, those that got the account credit for contract extensions... were you contracts already expired? Or did you still have some months left on them?

Thanks,
    Leo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast