Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I received the Handspring enewsletter today. It has a photo of the new external Treo 600 battery and it says it extends talk time up to three hours.

    It also has a photo of the Car Kit but I can’t figure out how it works. It has a picture of something that seems to plug into a cigarette lighter outlet and a headset along with the Treo docked in a car cradle, but I can’t figure out what the thing is with a cigarette plug adapter. Anyone have any ideas?

    The text reads: “Installation Car Kit
    Converse safely whether you're stuck in traffic or flying down the freeway—our car kit lets you operate and charge your Treo completely hands-free.”

    Has anyone seen more detailed photos or info on the car kit?

    There is also a photo of a full size Portable Keyboard just for the Treo 600.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

    Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by JakeE

    It also has a photo of the Car Kit but I can’t figure out how it works. It has a picture of something that seems to plug into a cigarette lighter outlet and a headset along with the Treo docked in a car cradle, but I can’t figure out what the thing is with a cigarette plug adapter. Anyone have any ideas?

    Doh!!! I hope that is not the best they can do. I want a real car hands free unit, otherwise I may as well just have a car battery charger and plug in the ear hands free.

    My guess is that the big thing with a lead is the cradle, which contains the speaker/microphone and charges the battery. The wire with an ear bud will probably plug in the side so you can go more descrete.

    I am so not going to be screwing that to my dash.

    Dave
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by djwhyte


    Doh!!! I hope that is not the best they can do. I want a real car hands free unit, otherwise I may as well just have a car battery charger and plug in the ear hands free.

    My guess is that the big thing with a lead is the cradle, which contains the speaker/microphone and charges the battery. The wire with an ear bud will probably plug in the side so you can go more descrete.

    I am so not going to be screwing that to my dash.

    Dave
    Djwhyte:

    What I don’t understand is why they would bother sending out a newsletter with products that they are offering for sale when there is no way to get any additional information. I mean a photo smaller than the size of a postage stamp that creates more questions than answers???

    Why do they want to waste our time like this???

    And I hope we are wrong. If the charger plugs into the cigarette lighter that would be ghetto!!!
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

    Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by JakeE


    Djwhyte:

    What I don’t understand is why they would bother sending out a newsletter with products that they are offering for sale when there is no way to get any additional information. I mean a photo smaller than the size of a postage stamp that creates more questions than answers???

    Why do they want to waste our time like this???

    And I hope we are wrong. If the charger plugs into the cigarette lighter that would be ghetto!!!
    I fully agree. Now I don't have the foggiest about marketing, but I am sure that you should define your products concisely, otherwise, like in this situation, people could be getting the wrong end of the deal.

    Just my 2 (Australian) cents.

    BTW: What does 'Ghetto' mean?
  5. #5  
    More on this here (previous thread).

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t36820/s.html
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by djwhyte


    I fully agree. Now I don't have the foggiest about marketing, but I am sure that you should define your products concisely, otherwise, like in this situation, people could be getting the wrong end of the deal.

    Just my 2 (Australian) cents.

    BTW: What does 'Ghetto' mean?
    Funny you should ask what Ghetto means because when I was writing to you I realized that you were in Australia and I actually wondered if you use that term down under.

    In America in 2003 it basically means a really poor public housing area where everything looks like it is war-torn. So if I said that car is hooptie or ghetto, it means something like a 1982 Chrysler Reliant-K with bicycle tire like tires on it and a totally goofed up rusty paint job.

    I hope my definition this is understandable??? I guess I am trying to say Ghetto is really, really cheap looking.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

    Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by JakeE

    I hope my definition this is understandable??? I guess I am trying to say Ghetto is really, really cheap looking.
    Thats great. Thanks.

    While we are on the topic, what does Kudos mean? From the context I have heard it in it sounds like a 'Good for you' type of phrase, like as in 'Kudos to JakeE for his helping dave with the Ghetto word'

    Hope you dont mind being a translator, but it should help me understand it more.
  8. #8  
    kudos means you've been listening to a guy named rush too long, which is actually about 5 minutes. consider yourself fortunate that you don't know this.
  9. #9  
    z

Posting Permissions