Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just spoke with our T-Mobile Corporate Account Representative, he told me that they were promised to have stock on Friday 10/10/03 and that if that promise was kept that they would be shipping me 5 T600s come Tuesday The unlimited Data plan is 20 a month.

I dont know if this is only for corporate users or not. Also he could not give me a price as of tonight, he said he would try on the price tomorrow when in office.
    Last edited by HumP; 10/06/2003 at 09:03 PM.
    Friday is not the 6th.
  3.    #3  
    Forgot to mention that the Account Rep. did say that he would be glad to give unlock code after 10 days of service connection , but stated that a seperate department would handle and they would have to email directly to me for security reasons.
    Originally posted by HumP
    Forgot to mention that the Account Rep. did say that he would be glad to give unlock code after 10 days of service connection , but stated that a seperate department would handle and they would have to email directly to me for security reasons.
    So how much are you going to sell those unlocked ones for?..hmm?
  5.    #5  
    he said that in a matter of fact like it was no problem whatsoever to get the phone unlocked i will confirm with him in the mornign regarding that though
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    How much are you paying for each T600? Are you getting any discounts from TMO?
    My 2¢, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    Oh cool! So T-Mobile will unlock the phone for you? That's great! I'll just buy my Treo 600 from them then! Please let us know how much it costs to do that and if you have to meet any qualifications in order to do so. Cheers!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Very cool. Just make sure that they unlock BOTH the sim card AND the GPRS so you can put it on another carrier's system. Otherwise, it's not truly unlocked.

Andrew
  9.    #9  
    Andrew: I am not very worried about the SIM unlocking, my major concern is when my engineers are overseas having to pay TMO rates for international roaming..........engineers will use TMO for domestic calls and when they are over seas will just use a local prepaid SIM for usage.

Ray: There is no charge to unlock the phone. The only qualifications that I gathered were that I had the phone in service for 10 days before they would give the unlock code. I am getting a unlock code for my BlackBerry 7230 so i can give it to a sales guy in TX, he bought one yesterday from ATT he will keep the sim and return the phone and use my phone once unlocked.

Jeeter: Price is below, discounts wont kick in for me until i place my big order in 20-30 days after we complete our custome Palm app. We will be ordering about 20-30 of them, I didnt even go into pricing with the account rep yet.

Stephman: Selling one the unlocked ones would require one of my engineers to go without here is a link to a unlocked for sale, dont know about availability. ]Mobilecityonline.com Treo 600 Unlocked

A word on Mobilecityonline for all you NYers out there. They are located on broadway across from city hall. They have no store front but I did purchase last Feb. a Nokia 6310i from them and I went to their location and picked up without paying for shipping.

Spoke to my account rep again:

My order has been processed and is scheduled to ship on Friday Oct 10 for a Tuesday Delivery.

$399 per phone, with service activation. They will not be selling the phone without activation according to him. Having said this, I asked him well what do i do then?? I want to keep my current SIM with TMO and use it with the T600? He said that since it was necessary to change my data plan from the BlackBerry 7230 data plan to the Treo plan that this was considered a service activation

$4-5 / month Loss/Stolen/Damage Insurance (allows for 2 phone replacements per year)(I highly suggest this plan for everyone)

On the issue of Treo 600 Cases, I emailed Vaja this morning this was their reply:

We will release an case for the Treo600, though we cannot provide an specific date for its release. Anyway, when the item has been launched we will let you know by e-mail. Thanks for your interest in our cases

Best regards

María Cecilia
    García Querol
    Customer Service
    [url]www.vajacases.com[/url
    Last edited by HumP; 10/07/2003 at 10:44 AM.
    $4-5 / month Loss/Stolen/Damage Insurance (allows for 2 phone replacements per year).. that's not bad at all! Worth the peace of mind! I'm already gonna be so protective about this phone as it is. Thanks for the tip!

Why would you need to unlock the SIM card? So you can take it out and use it on another phone? I didn't think they locked that...

HumP, do you know if the T-Mobile Treo 600 will be branded with that ugly T-Mobile logo? I sure hope not!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    $4-5 / month Loss/Stolen/Damage Insurance (allows for 2 phone replacements per year).. that's not bad at all! Worth the peace of mind! I'm already gonna be so protective about this phone as it is. Thanks for the tip!

Why would you need to unlock the SIM card? So you can take it out and use it on another phone? I didn't think they locked that...

HumP, do you know if the T-Mobile Treo 600 will be branded with that ugly T-Mobile logo? I sure hope not!
    I agree about the insurance.
    Nah, the sims are not locked, I have taken my sim and put in my unlocked 6310i and put it in my wifes free phone that collects dust on my desk that rat Nokia gold thing heh, without issue.

I dont know about the logo, although i have seen somewhere online in a review somewhere it had the mmmmmmm maybe it was a phone with the handspring logo on it, damn i dont remember now, so many reviews so little memory, i need a 1 GIG SD upgrade!!
    Originally posted by HumP
    ...$399 per phone, with service activation. They will not be selling the phone without activation according to him...
    So, as a currrent TMO customer, I can't get one at that price? That really stinks

Any guesses on the price for current customers? I guess it's the $499 price.... *sigh*
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by robertruelan

So, as a currrent TMO customer, I can't get one at that price? That really stinks

Any guesses on the price for current customers? I guess it's the $499 price.... *sigh*
    Mmmmm, maybe i didnt explain myself very well , existing customers can get at this price, the fact that the Data plan will be switching to the new data plan allows the order to go through at least this is how it was explained to me.
    [i]
    [/B]
    Removing the SIM-lock isn't unlocking the SIM. The SIM-lock is a lock in the phone that prevents a SIM from another carrier from working in that phone. It is just there for extra protection when the carriers are all subsidizing the price of the phones.

I think T-Mobile will usually remove the SIM-lock for you after 3 months of good service. Other carriers make you wait until your contract is up. If you switch to T-Mobile, they can also get the unlock code from another carrier, so you can use the phone on their network. They got an unlock code for me to switch a phone locked to Cingular over to use a T-Mobile SIM.
    HumP,
    thanks for all of the info.

Since I already have an existing account with T-Mobile and won't be activating a new line, I guess I'll be waiting awhile to order one from them.
    HumP,

Can you please tell us who/where at T-Mobile you called to order your T600? I would love to go ahead and order mine, too. Please provide a phone number if possible. Is it available to Corporate customers only at this time or can individuals order as well? I have called customre care (*611) several times in the past few days and have had no luck at all. Please advise.

Thanks,

Glenn
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by glennd
    HumP,

Can you please tell us who/where at T-Mobile you called to order your T600? I would love to go ahead and order mine, too. Please provide a phone number if possible. Is it available to Corporate customers only at this time or can individuals order as well? I have called customre care (*611) several times in the past few days and have had no luck at all. Please advise.

Thanks,

Glenn
    I didnt even try the retards in customer service, they are truely daft. I called 866-464-8662 TMO Corporate Sales (they are just starting sales today for everything) so they couldnt help me.
    I went to thier website and found a fill out form for corporate sales to contact me they called 2 hours later, now this guy is my companies sales rep.

I dont think they are selling to individuals until they recieve their shipment Friday. The customer serverice reps are the last to know anything. You might try getting to a manager and asking.

They distinguish corporate from individual by Tax ID Number vs. Social Secruity Number. A Tax ID number is all that is needed to make a corporate purchase.
    Please let me know your thoughts when you receive your T600. I will probably be stuck waiting until T-Mo starts selling to individuals. :-(

Glenn
  19.    #19  
    will do!
    I've got an original 180 with the $20/month unlimited data plan with tmobile right now - so would I be correct in saying that they're most likely NOT going to offer me a discount? Also, if they're NOT selling them without activation can I get one through TMO at all or will I have to wait for Handspring to offer them on the site? I've read all of the posts from the Sprint crew and I'm getting VERY jealous and a little over-anxious - Can I wait long enough or will I have to move back to Sprint?...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast