1.    #1  
    Earlier today I talked to several CSR's, eventually finding one that could find them for ordering. She gave me a good deal ($150 off with a 2 year contract, existing customer). Her system was down, as most were today, so she said that she would call me later with confirmation that it was ordered.

3 hours later, I call for confirmation, and the CSR says that there are notes in my account that the phone is NOT available and they don't have a shipping date, like everybody else who couldn't find the phone says. Also, after checking my credit card statement, it looks like I was billed. I'm on the phone with them now (been 45 mins so far) talking to their manager figuring out what happened. WTF?!
    Dunno what happened in your case. However, I have a UPS tracking number. The phone hasn't gone out yet, but should go out tomorrow and should arrive Wednesday, I was just told. I guess they could still stop it from going out, but that seems unlikely if there's a tracking number.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Dunno what happened in your case. However, I have a UPS tracking number. The phone hasn't gone out yet, but should go out tomorrow and should arrive Wednesday, I was just told. I guess they could still stop it from going out, but that seems unlikely if there's a tracking number.
    I mentioned that several people already have tracking numbers to the "manager" that I'm on hold with right now. She told me to hold on, and she'll get back with me... this is the longest call, ever! I've wasted 3 hours of my day on this crap!
    Where did you get your tracking number at? When you ordered?
    I called the 800 number a few minutes ago, selected "buy new phone", and the person who answered said she couldn't look that up for me but could transfer me to the shipping department. The person in the shipping department was able to look it up for me right away. Saw the price, the phone model and the tracking number and that it was scheduled to be picked up tomorrow.
  6.    #6  
    After 2! hours on the phone with sprint's horriffic customer service, I got absolutely nowhere getting this issue resolved. After talking to 7 people, I got totally stonewalled by the supervisor of the biz unit who is supposed to be the "only" one that can sell the 600 right now. He said that the phone is "pre-order" and he doesn't know when it's available, and didn't seem to care that I was very upset. The person that I had talked to before said that it was available, she had already talked to the rep and had everything set for me, and had my 150 credit all set up on my bill. I'm SO angry at Sprint that I'm considering changing. Does anybody have a complaints # that I can call to really give them hell, this is totally unacceptable.
    I had to call 6 times to finally get someone. Total time was 2 hours. If your not getting anywhere with a representative, hang up and call again.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've tried at least five Sprint customer service/sales/business phone numbers today, with no luck whatsoever. The only person that acknowledged that the Treo600 will exist in the near future was a store in downtown Chicago that said they will be available next week.

It's an indication that there is poor communication in the organization.

Then again, more likely, it's an indication that we're hypersensative to the issue and need to relax. Sprint is a GIANT corporation and it's tough to get the same message to everyone, everywhere, at the same time. If we cooled our jets for two weeks, the 600s will be all over the place.

Waiting, of course, is no fun. I'm still trying to get mine yesterday.
    Like I keep saying, wait and order the phone from Handspring directly, they tend to have all their ducks in a row. Plus they will have a the upgrade that Sprint touch. I think the Handspring reps work on commission, so they have a vested interest in working with the customer to make the sell, which means you will get all of your questions answered. I am pleased with Handspring's customer service...I can't say the same thing for Sprint.
  10.    #10  
    Finally got it worked out. I called back (888-253-1315) and talked to jennifer, who is my new hero. She said that they upgraded their systems, and the Treo 600 isn't in the new system. They have to take the orders down on paper and bring them to their supervisors who have the old system, who enter them and give you an order number. After that, I had to talk to a CSR to get my rebate of $150.
    Shuasha,

What did you tell the CSR to get the rebate? Were there notes in your account from the person that took your order? Or did you just call them up and say "I just bought a phone and would like a credit for a contract resign" (or something like that)?

Thanks,
    leo
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by leobag
    Shuasha,

What did you tell the CSR to get the rebate? Were there notes in your account from the person that took your order? Or did you just call them up and say "I just bought a phone and would like a credit for a contract resign" (or something like that)?

Thanks,
    leo
    When I originally ordered my phone, I asked what incentive they had to sign me up for a new 2 year contract. She told me 100 for one year, and 150 for two. Somehow there were no notes in the system, but she gave it to me anyway.
    So, was your previous contract 100% completed?

Any idea if it is possible for someone that still has a few months left on their contract to re-sign for a discount (ever heard of someone doing that)?

Thanks,
    Leo
    Originally posted by Shuasha

When I originally ordered my phone, I asked what incentive they had to sign me up for a new 2 year contract. She told me 100 for one year, and 150 for two. Somehow there were no notes in the system, but she gave it to me anyway.
    That is a standard discount for all of Sprint's higher end phones. It's not like it's a special offer specifically developed to push the T600 or to reward loyal customers.
    Originally posted by Shuasha
    Does anybody have a complaints # that I can call to really give them hell, this is totally unacceptable.
    Call Claire and tell her you want to speak to "retension".
    Carl