1.    #1  
    I dont know about you, but a very transfixed guy just decided to give up for the day, trying to get in here to get updates, and trying to reach anyone at sprint, radio shack, best buy or circuit city, has become a fruitless endeavour. No phones anywhere, not to purchase, order, ship, in stock, or pre-order. So I will check agaion tomorrow. Quite obviously a lot of us felt this was the day, as getting in here was almost impossible, but oh well. If some of the folks that posted here today actually get a phone, I will have to say I will be surprised, and happy for them, as everyone I spoke to didnt know anything..... My last hope was a CSR that told me to call the warehouse direct....my heart went aflutter, but when that number finally rang (it was busy for over an hour) a message said that I was trying to reach a number that was not in my calling area, whatever the heck that meant.

Good luck folks.

Snowraser
    Jeff
    Sorry to hear about that. But, many of us here including me have ordered the phone from Sprint. I have a confirmation number for my payment of $599 and was told to expect it in 3-5 days.

To get it ordered, I had to guide my CSR through the touch screen to find it in an obscure location, so maybe that's the issue. It's also possible that it isn't really supposed to be in the system yet, in which case my order might be more of a pre-order ... but she said they have 2,000 in the warehouse and that she couldn't see a reason that the phone won't arrive in 3-5 days.

Many others have reported similar outcomes.
    > ...she said they have 2,000 in the warehouse...

!!!

That's the second datapoint we have saying Sprint got about 2000 shipped to them - I'd say this is getting closer to being a fact rather than rumor.

What would you say?

> ...and that she couldn't see a reason that the phone won't
    > arrive in 3-5 days.

I can see LOTS of reasons why the unit won't be shipped in that time period - what might seem like a lot to some phone order taker seems like an awful few to others.

Then again, if the demand for 2000+ TREO 600s is NOT there then maybe they will have some in stock.

What do you think?
    Originally posted by wombat2

To get it ordered, I had to guide my CSR through the touch screen to find it in an obscure location, so maybe that's the issue. It's also possible that it isn't really supposed to be in the system yet, in which case my order might be more of a pre-order ... but she said they have 2,000 in the warehouse and that she couldn't see a reason that the phone won't arrive in 3-5 days.

Many others have reported similar outcomes.
    I also had no luck today with several calls to telesales. Can you give us more information about what you suggested to the CSR? The last guy I talked to wasn't even aware that it is now in the business portion of the sprint website.
    The guy I spoke with at Sprint Business knew exactly what I was talking about.
    I think that it's probably enough for the initial demand, which is basically just treocentral.com types and perhaps some resellers. It's very much a niche product. And, they haven't even announced it yet, so people would have to really actively look for it. Heck, their own order-takers don't know about it.

Her: "Who made it again?"
    Me: "Handspring."
    Her: "We don't have a Handspring page. Hold on."
    Her: "Is it a Vision phone?"
    Me: "Yes."
    Her: "Hold on. Still looking."
    Her: "Is it a single-band or dual-band?"
    Me: "Single-band, I think ... no analog anyway."
    Her: "Okay, hold on ..."
    Her: "I'm almost out of vendor pages." [Tone of surrender]
    Her: "Hmm, that's interesting."
    Me: "What's that?
    Her: "HSPG 600, $599. Does $599 sound right?"
    Me: "Yes, but ..."
    Her: "There's also a HSPG 300 on this page for $399 ..."
    Me: "Sounds like it ..."
    Her: "Okay, yes, Treo 600? This is it! Charge card or check-by-phone?"

The HSPG name is from memory but it was something like that. Basically, it's in their system, but in a really non-obvious location, and apparently they haven't been told about the phone.

I think 2,000 will be enough for those who called today to get one, unless that same pool is going out to resellers/dealers.
    I posted my whole experience in another thread entitled Just ordered from Sprint Telesales' but somehow it disappeared from the forum (Marcus ? What's happening ??? )

Anyway, to make it short do NOT call 1 800 480 4727 but call 1 888 253 1315: it looks the same, they are BOTH sprint but everybody knew what I was talking about at the second number

Anyway, call, and once you've selected the right language for you go to option '3', sales.

Good luck !!!

I even have an order number, waiting for a tracking number !!!
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I called the 4727 number and got a really nice girl named Brianna; she initially explained that it wasn't out yet. When I explained that folks online have been able to call repeatedly until they got someone who new the real deal, she laughed and said she'd check again. Sure enough, it was in. I then explained that, although my wife has a Sprint phone, this was going to be an additional account, and she gave me the rebate.

My phone should be in Thursday!
    > ...It's very much a niche product...

Yup yup yup.
    call 1 (888) 253-1315.

Easy as pie.
    After four or five calls to various Sprint numbers this morning, I finally got hold of a rep that knew exactly what I was talking about, and placed my order (about 10:30 CDT). I asked about overnight shipping, but was told that they don't do that, it would come UPS ground, and expect it in 3-5 days.

Called back this afternoon to try to get a tracking number, and was told that indeed it had shipped UPS next day air saver, and that I should expect it tomorrow. Tracking no. isn't in the system yet, so we'll see....
    I was able to get through to the number above, but was unwilling to pay the $599 for the phone. I see now why they call it the "600." What happened to the "less than $500" that was promised? Will we be able to get this phone for a less unreasonable price when it's launched to consumers?
    Originally posted by GreenTeeth
    I posted my whole experience in another thread entitled Just ordered from Sprint Telesales' but somehow it disappeared from the forum (Marcus ? What's happening ??? )
    I merged al the "I got one" threads into one, because there were seroiusly like 8 different threads all with the same topic.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu

I merged al the "I got one" threads into one, because there were seroiusly like 8 different threads all with the same topic.
    Sorry, just saw that... Thanks !
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    I got through and did not want to pay $599 either. They said they don't have it in stock but would take the order. They did not want to give me $150 2 years discount even though I said that my contract is ending at the end of the month... Bustards
    Originally posted by wombat2

Her: "Hmm, that's interesting."
    Me: "What's that?
    Her: "HSPG 600, $599. Does $599 sound right?"
    Me: "Yes, but ..."
    Her: "There's also a HSPG 300 on this page for $399 ..."
    Me: "Sounds like it ..."
    Her: "Okay, yes, Treo 600? This is it! Charge card or check-by-phone?"

Thanks very much! Thanks also to the other helpful posts. Perseverance and the right phone number really helped - I got someone who knew right away - she started telling me about the features of the 600 without being prompted.

I finally persuaded someone at Sprint to take my money...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Keep trying. I had to talk to 3 different people and wait on hold for 45 min to get someone who finally said "Sure! I can do that for you. I'll need a credit card." Later, "That's a hot phone today, isn't it?"

You just gotta get lucky. It seems like the same 5 reps are getting all the orders. I'm supposed to get mine Wed/Thurs. Like everyone else has been told. We'll see. I figure worst-case it ships the 13th, but at least I have a rep name and a charge on my credit card to prove it.

Good luck.
  18.    #18  
    I GOT IT!!!!!! WOOHOO

I just placed the order, dialed 888-253-1315, spoke to Yolanda, and she was the first person all day that knew what I was talking about, and said she had been processing orders for the 600 all day long. It really does seem like I have a 600 on the way. I then asked her about a credit on the phone, and she said that the credit was for new customers and new numbers, but as I had been a good customer for a long time, she would send me to customer service and I could see what they would do for me. Customer service credited my account for $150 as long as I would agree to extend my contract for one more year. I said ok. So, tomorrow I will call to get my tracking number and change the delivery to overnight. The customer service gal did say not to say anything to sprint about calling ups to change the address, as it would send up red flags regarding fraud. Just get the tracking number and call ups yourself should you want it quicker or to a different (in my case the hotel I will be at this week on the road) address.

Good Luck,

YAHOO
    Jeff