1.    #1  
    Well this is a good news/bad news email. I know the disbelievers will just gripe I don't know what I'm talking about so this is for the rest of you. This came from Sprint.

The good news is some of the Treo 600's have arrived.

The bad news is the official announcement won't be until 10/13 which is why you haven't seen anything from Sprint or Handspring. We cannot, under any circumstances, ship any of them until 10/13 when they are officially announced. (Please don't bombard with with PM's asking me to do so. We just can't.)

Sprint business telesales is also taking orders but will not ship them either until next week.

That's the latest.

Larry
  2. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Larry, do you know what this means for t-mobile and/or an unlocked GSM version?

Will these also be shipped on 10/13 as part of a coordinated marketing event across carriers? Or will the t-mobile/GSM version be pushed back so Sprint is first?
    on dpcomputerstore.com the unlocked GSM version now shows 10/13 but the ingram date still shows 10/10. Is it slipping?
  4.    #4  
    Ingram shows 10/10 as their expedted due date but will not ship until 10/13 since that's the day Handspring is suppose to announce the product. At least this is what Ingram is telling me.

Larry
    When I ordered from business telesales today they said it would arrive within the next 2-4 business days, ie. no later than the 10th.

Not saying that this is definitive information, my experience with Sprint telesales would suggest that this info is not that reliable, but I put it forth as another data point.

-Ross
  6.    #6  
    I'd be very interested in know if anyone gets one from Sprint (or anywhere else) this week. Then we can use that to try and get permission to ship ours.

Larry
    I dont know if I can wait another week
    Again Larry, this is not completely accurate. Just like you're wrong about no one taking returns on SPCS phones after 14 days... just like you're wrong about add-a-phones not getting the $100 or $150 discount.... thus you're wrong about phones not shipping.

600's ARE shipping today, I already have my tracking # for the one I ordered this morning from telesales. And I received a $150 credit for adding the phone to my account for $20/month.

So maybe you and other resellers can't ship yet. I understand you're wanting to make a lot of sales but providing information that only applies to your type of relationship with Sprint and making people think that it applies to the retail stores or telesales just to keep from buying is not cool.
  9.    #9  
    Did they give you the tracking number at the same time you placed the order?

I'd be very interested in know if anyone gets one from Sprint (or anywhere else) this week. Then we can use that to try and get permission to ship ours.

Larry
    Last edited by lmelamed; 10/06/2003 at 03:10 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, they gave us the green light to ship. They're going out tomorrow!

Larry
    Very cool.

I assume the permission to ship will also apply to the GSM models when they come in?
    I know it seems we are a tad anxious, heck its like we four again waiting for Santa.

Thanks for posting and when you receive new info going out and getting it right. Thanks again ... now if you were in FL ... Doom, are you listening?
    so Larry if you can ship tomorrow, does that also mean that someone who's in Dallas can swing by your offices & get one? Meaning - do you have the physical units available for pickup? Tell me so.....
    Sorry, can't quote as I am posting from my 300, but his post is 3 - 4 posts above. Here's my question ...

My daughter wants a cell phone. If I order a 600 with a new line of service as an add a phone, will I get the Sprint discount of $100 or $150? Can I then swap #'s between the two phones? Then will I be able to enter my 300's SN to HS & get the credit, assuming another $100 credit?

OK, OK, it was 3 questions, not 1 -- I am having brain pains on this phone.

This would make my 600 cost $300. I would get what I want and so would she. BTW ... I have enough minutes to handle it.

Thanks everyone!
  15.    #15  
    so Larry if you can ship tomorrow, does that also mean that someone who's in Dallas can swing by your offices & get one? Meaning - do you have the physical units available for pickup? Tell me so.....
    Yes, we physically have them in stock. Just click the contact tab on our website and give us a call to arrange a pick up time. We'll be swamped the next couple of days trying get these all out but we'll make sure you can come buy and pick one up.

Larry
    Larry - now that you are shipping the spring version does this mean that the GSM version can be shipped 10/10 when ingram micro shows them available or 10/13 per your website?