Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

This happens to all computer related products... they are obsolete and worthless the day you buy them. These phones are not investments, and should never be viewed as such.
    I think everyone realizes this, but there has to be an extent of resale value going down. If he bought the Treo300 earlier this year, it wasn't "new" and for it to be one quarter of the price is a little excessive. A fair drop would be 1/2 or so. Come to think of it I got my phone last year and paid $199-250 on Amazon, so it would be half now, what I paid for it. Maybe he just got a raw initial deal.
    Just posted on Yahoo - 6 to 8 week ... ahem ... backorder:

-- http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bb...725&mid=208435

[link corrected by edit - I hope!]
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by cue79
    • Phone will be shipping UPS overnite when it ships from their warehouse.

When will that be?
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Within 3 - 5 days. I have an order confirmation #, and I sure as hell will be calling back this evening and every day thereafter to check in on it
    I also have a business account and just bought 2 Treo600s via Business Services. $599, ship 3-5 days, status does NOT show as backordered. However, while I am excited, I will take this with a grain of salt. When the Samsung i300 was release, it ordered one and it took a month to show up.

They did tell me to call back later today or tomorrow AM and they would have a tracking # for me.
    Carl
    I just got off the phone with Sprint. My T600 is on the way. I started a 2 year contract. Paid $449 for mine. It will arrive via UPS in 2 DAYS.

I have been following this forum for 3 months now. I received my Clie UX50 1 month ago. I currently use my UX50 with the SE T68(BT). I have had a NXT BB for 10 months now. It is a lousy phone with no speaker but a great keyboard. My plan is to drop both and use the T600. This will be even better when I can connect the T600 and UX50 via BT. Overkill with 2 palm PDA devices? The UX50 is a great MM device with a high resolution screen. You can record TV/Movies FOR PLAYBACK ON THE ux50.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by PocketAddict
    I just got off the phone with Sprint. My T600 is on the way. I started a 2 year contract. Paid $449 for mine. It will arrive via UPS in 2 DAYS.
    Are you a new account or existing cusotmer? And did you order from telesales or from customer service? Tnx
    I am sure that someone will be interested in this information. I just got off the phone with Sprint Telesales and they took my order for the phone. Jessica is who I spoke with and she stated that I should have the phone within 5 days. The bad news is that the cost is $599.99 and allowed only $50.00 off to renew my plan for 2 years. The number that I called was 800/480-4727. Hope that helps...
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

Well first all the self-proclaimed converged device pundits on this board were saying that the 600 wouldn't sell, now we are being shown links with backorders of 6-8 weeks. Sounds like HS, Orange, and these pundits underestimated the demand for the 600.

I for one think it is smart for HS to keep the demand high while their is no real competition available now, or in the near future as it will allow them to make more money, providing justification to Palm to dump more into R&D for future offerings. Since it will be at least around Christmas before any competitor has something that may attract buyers interested in the Treo, HS doesn't have to worry about losing prospective sales. If you can sell em high, their is no reason to sell them low.
    I AM NEW TO SPRINT AND ORDERED VIA CS.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Originally posted by rewagler
    I am sure that someone will be interested in this information. I just got off the phone with Sprint Telesales and they took my order for the phone. Jessica is who I spoke with and she stated that I should have the phone within 5 days. The bad news is that the cost is $599.99 and allowed only $50.00 off to renew my plan for 2 years. The number that I called was 800/480-4727. Hope that helps...
    I wonder if you threaten to leave with LNP coming up if they would give you more off the phone. $50 for two years is a joke since they are giving $150 for two years on other phones.
    I know one pundit who quite accurately predicted the "availability" of the TREO 600s and their sales from Day One.

Shipping 2400 implies a whole lotta things to me - what does it imply to you?
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

that's for Orange in France!

all I can say is pay backs are hell!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    You definitely did get ripped off. I just called my local Sprint PCS store this morning to ask about the Treo 600. I inquired about handset upgrade discounts. The rep offered me two discounts:

1. $56 off a new phone, because I have been a customers for 9+ months. (handset upgrade discount). This doesn't require a new contract either or for me to turn in my old phone.

2. $100 credit on my bill (to help pay for cost of new phone) if I signed a new contract for 2 years. (RSO, Retention of Service Offer is what he called it)

Of course he didn't have the Treo 600 in stock so I didn't do it, but he said he just looked up the discounts in the comptuer and any Sprint rep. should be able to offer me the same deal.
    New to sprint too, what CS # did you call?
    Long time lurker, first-time poster!

Ok, so Sprint Customer Service Sux! But try and try agian yields results! Basically, calling the main PCS custmoer service line yielded NOTHING (Not in, don't know when, etc.) BUT, calling the number below made the difference. I think they are reserving the first batch for existing PCS customers.

The CSR I talked to the 2nd time said today was the first day it was authorized in the system. and it is available!

If you are an existing customer, call the "business" line (you do not have to be a business customer to use this # because in another place on the PCS website, it lists this # for ANY existing PCS customer).

888-211-4727

I was not under contract with Sprint (my 2-year contract was up a couple of months ago) but I was still paying under my old agreement. AND I added a second line for my wife. I therefore got a $100 discount on the phone. The cost was 599 - 100 = 499.

However: The rep put it in the system as a 300 and then changed it to a 600 to get this discount. I only hope I get the right phone out of this deal.

Also, she just noted that I was one of the last ones to get into their phone queue.
    She said the just changed their VM to indicate to callers to please call back in 4-6 hours because they are too busy this morning!

It should be here in 3 days. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

This happens to all computer related products... they are obsolete and worthless the day you buy them. These phones are not investments, and should never be viewed as such.

I don't view this or most any other purchases I make as an investment. The treo is what it is, and nothing more. Now, I am simply suggesting that 600 bucks for a phone that probably costs less that $50 bucks to manufactur seems excessive.

Moreover, I simply can't afford the phone. I can't be the only one that thinks the price could be and should be cheaper. I was expecting $499 (and still thought it was a little too prices), but my OPINION is that they are charging that extra $100 is just because they can. And the price point will keep a lot of people, like me, from purchasing it.
    Just a short message to share my excitment with you all !!!

Just ordered with Josh at Sprint Business:

$599 (less $150) - less $50 more from Handspring
    In inventory! - Shipping out today!
    No suprises re: monthly charges!
    Last edited by E Man; 10/06/2003 at 02:08 PM.
    Can you please explain your discounts?

I was excited at $399. $599 is a bit more than I wanted to spend.
    Originally posted by slwatts

I don't view this or most any other purchases I make as an investment. The treo is what it is, and nothing more. Now, I am simply suggesting that 600 bucks for a phone that probably costs less that $50 bucks to manufactur seems excessive.

Moreover, I simply can't afford the phone. I can't be the only one that thinks the price could be and should be cheaper. I was expecting $499 (and still thought it was a little too prices), but my OPINION is that they are charging that extra $100 is just because they can. And the price point will keep a lot of people, like me, from purchasing it.
    $50 Bucks!!! ROTFLMAO. Do you actually think HS, or any other manufacturer can make this device for $50? The screen, processor and memory are more than that. Batteries aren't cheap either and this one has one of the biggest. Assembly labor. Maybe in a year or two when the components are outdated and manufacturers want to clear out for the new will it cost them that much, but I doubt it will ever be that cheap to produce.

As for the fact that they are charging $100 just because they can, yes they are and if people buy it they will keep it there until supply starts to outpace demand. Early adopters of any device will always pay more and if you can't afford, then wait till you can. The price will drop, it is inevitable, but with the demand for this device and the limited quantities, don't expect this until December at the earliest.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast