1.    #1  
    From the HS newsletter today.

The battery is, let's be nice, UGLY! Plus it adds a weird bulge to the phone...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    and the car kit.

Much nicer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mol. Love the new Avatar. Glad too see everyone has a sense of humor here. I just put up a link to an e-mail that HS sent out with the e-mail in another thread. I will put it up here too.

Treo 600 Accessories
    The external battery reminds me of my VisorPhone! Sure it works, but boy is it bulky! Looks like they had the SpringBoard development staff design it!

However, I guess if I needed a spare while traveling, it would be worth its weight....

Scott
    Originally posted by BoeingPilot

However, I guess if I needed a spare while traveling, it would be worth its weight....

Scott
    Nice pun! It does look heavy...
    Originally posted by Mol
    and the car kit.

Much nicer.
    I agree. But the kit appears to be only a charging cradle. Apparently no car audio plug-in. The image shows a standard hands-free head set (ear bud) in addition to the DC power jack. Basically this is a charging cradle (and mount?) for the car.

I was hoping the reason for the headset jack being on the bottom was to somehow accommodate an audio connection for a car kit. Too bad.
    Originally posted by elysian9

I agree. But the kit appears to be only a charging cradle. Apparently no car audio plug-in. The image shows a standard hands-free head set (ear bud) in addition to the DC power jack. Basically this is a charging cradle (and mount?) for the car.

I was hoping the reason for the headset jack being on the bottom was to somehow accommodate an audio connection for a car kit. Too bad.
    I am pretty sure that is an external microphone that can be placed anywhere you like, not a headset. I have heard that this unit was supposed to include a better speaker too, on the back of the unit. It is also possible that their may be some connections on the back that would allow you to hook up the audio to the cars stereo or a different external speaker.
    What's up with the Stereo Headphone adapter? I thought I could plug in standard stereo headphones and listen to MP3s, no?
    Originally posted by lnichols

I am pretty sure that is an external microphone that can be placed anywhere you like, not a headset. I have heard that this unit was supposed to include a better speaker too, on the back of the unit. It is also possible that their may be some connections on the back that would allow you to hook up the audio to the cars stereo or a different external speaker.
    You may be right. I hope so. It could very well be the mike. I guess "installation car kit" means so-called "professional" installation (normally does) and that would imply that the installation would require access to the car's audio system. On the other hand I've never seen a quality car kit with a DC power jack (cigarette lighter). Usually they're hard wired with no power cords obviously exposed, etc.

Sure would be great to pop/unpop the 600 into/outof the cradle without having to connect/disconnect anything, and talk and listen without any kind of head set.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well, atleast the ligther gives you a choice, if you want a permanent fit just route it behind the dash and wire it it.
    It seems the questions are answered. Go here to continue this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...37144/s/h.html