Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use backup buddy on my Treo 600 and it works very well. I have it set to backup the device just before turning in. The first time took five minutes and backups now take about a minute. It backups up everything to the SD card (512mb) from main memory. It does not backup the rom though. The installation is a breeze and it has been very stable. I have done three restores and have compelte faith in it.

Ben
    -----------------

Originally posted by Exciter
    For those times when you are away from your PC and (hopefully not) have to do a hard reset, will there be a app or is there an app that will let you create a backup copy on an SD card???

Kirby
    I bought BackupMan based on the recommendations here and I'm quite happy. It's a really nice program that does everything you would want in terms of backing up. The best thing for me was being able to backup, do a hard reset and then do a complete restore. It took me right back to the point where I was when did the reset. Nice. :-)
    Hi everyone.

On Hansprings website they have sited the backup app, Secure File PDA Backup:
    http://www.handspring.com/products/...0007&cat=310008

Tonight I was looking for Warfare Incorporated and found the following Palm branded PDA Expansion Card, Secure File PDA Backup:
    http://www.gomdm.com/products/securebup_p.asp

I think this is a sign that Palm is taking over pieces of production. And the above back up app has "Botzam, Inc" refered to in the copyright notice. And it refrences compatability with the Treo 600 on the front cover.

FYI... CompUSA, Staples, and others have a good deal on it. You can buy the card for: $49.99 retail and get a free Expansion Card. You can choose your free one from the following selections:
    - Atari Retro
    - Sega Classics
    - Rayman
    - Game Essentials
    - PopCap Puzzle Pack
    - Merriam-Webster Crosswords & Word Challenges

Not a bad deal if you think about it.

Dave Lindberg

P.S. On a side note... if you are looking for Warfare Incorporated, at Handmark.com they are selling it on CD-Rom and will ship it for free for $29.99... the cheapest CD-Rom price I can find here in Rochester NY.
    Me again.

My above post about Secure File PDA Backup, may not be such a "good deal".

Although $49.99 for the program and backup card seems like the Price-is-Right, out of the additional Expansion Packs you can choose from only two seem to be Treo 600 compliant: Atari Retro
    and Merriam-Webster Crosswords & Word Challenges.

I downloaded the Botzam Backup Utility to test before I opned the package and while it looks good, it only looks like it backups to a fully-dedicated SD/MMC card. From what I can see, no other data can be on the card.

Oh, well... I guess it's off to www.bitsnbolts.com to get BackMan. It seems to be okay with data and backups being on the same card.

Off I go to CompUSA to return my purchase.

Dave Lindberg
    I use jkware.com's CardBackUp to do a scheduled backup to my 256 meg SD card and then use Blue Squirrel's Blue Sync to sync the card to the PC. Works great.

You can also use Blue Sync to move files, eg. photos, MP3's, etc. to the SD card.
    Originally posted by NMprofessional
    Me again.

My above post about Secure File PDA Backup, may not be such a "good deal".

Although $49.99 for the program and backup card seems like the Price-is-Right, out of the additional Expansion Packs you can choose from only two seem to be Treo 600 compliant: Atari Retro
    and Merriam-Webster Crosswords & Word Challenges.

I downloaded the Botzam Backup Utility to test before I opned the package and while it looks good, it only looks like it backups to a fully-dedicated SD/MMC card. From what I can see, no other data can be on the card.

Oh, well... I guess it's off to www.bitsnbolts.com to get BackMan. It seems to be okay with data and backups being on the same card.

Off I go to CompUSA to return my purchase.

Dave Lindberg
    I downloaded Botzam and Backupman. Neither program interfered with the data that is on my card. I played with both and initially liked Backupman better since it had the backup after each Hot Sync option, but Botzam is adding that anyway.

Plus, Botzam offers encryption (although Backupman will be adding that), compression to save card space and subsequent backups only backup the files that have changed. Not a big deal if you schedule your backup overnight of don't mind waiting a few minutes. But when you combine that with the backup after every hot sync feature, it only takes a few seconds instead of a few minutes.

Another poster told me that Botzam is optimized for T600, but he wasn't sure in what way. It does appear though that Botzam is involved with the Handspring backup card that will be offered soon. I'm sure that it's no coincidence that if you look at the preview for the SD Accessory for the T600 on the Handspring site, you see Botzam Backup highlighted in blue to stand out from the other files listed.

Take a look, you'll see what I mean:

http://www.handspring.com/products/P...007&cat=310008
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Check out BackupMan from www.bitsnbolts.com, great appliction, inexpensive and Palm OS 5 compatible.
    I agree. For $10, this program rocks. While I snooze every night, it backs up my Treo. Never have to worry about my data again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12