1.    #1  
    After reading, it appears sprint will officially be selling the phone tomm. morning... My question is whether or not Sprint 1. Has the phones and 2. If not, what plan do you guys have for getting the phone?

Thanks
    Last edited by irishalum; 10/05/2003 at 02:02 PM.
    well in a previous thread, a member went into a sprint store on saturday and asked if they got a shipment yet, the sprint supervisor said no. seeing as how theres no mail on sundays, either that member is lying, or it wont be tomorrow.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  3.    #3  
    I have read in other posts that Sprint had boxes in and couldnt sell them until Monday... Is this untrue?

Or was that an early shipment?
    i dont know, but if it is true than davetreo300600 lied, so right now i'm not sure. i guess we will have to wait and see...

I just called my local Sprint PCS store (Boston, MA). I asked the salesperson who (finally) answered the phone whether they would have the Treo 600 for sale tomorrow, and she said, "Let me ask our tech. He would know." She came back to the phone and said, "He says it's not going to be available until the end of this month, so no, we definitely won't have it tomorrow."

Take that for what it's worth.
    Last edited by AChick; 10/05/2003 at 06:10 PM.
    no dice, it has to be before the 13th. t-mobile rollsout on the 13th and since sprint HAS to have it first (seeing as how they had a contract or something with HS?) it has to be on the 13th or before.

I went to a Glendale, Ca. Sprint PCS store this afternoon, and the "guy who would know" behind the counter said that, "They're already in New York. We should be getting them the end of this month, or by the end of next month." So unless the employee you talk to actually intends so buy one, he or she knows less than we do.
  8.    #8  
    To those of you "picking up" your treo monday morning... are you waiting for the store doors to open and hoping or are you confirmed with a purchase?
    Well I am glad the Sprint guys in CA think that the Treo 600 is in NYC for tomorrow but unfortunately at least one Sprint PCS location here (Flatiron building) that I went into today believes they won't have any until early November.
    in which case t-mobiles release date is incorrect?

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I asked the tech at the Sprint Store I work at about when we would get the Treo 600. We normally get our shipments every Friday, the tech said that we would be getting an early shipment on Monday and that shipment could very well contain the Treo 600's. He said there would be no other reason for us to get a shipment on Monday. We are also getting the regular shipment the following Friday as well.

(Monday being the 6th of Oct.)

So, I guess we'll see what happens.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    they can't possibly get a shipment and put it up on the site and on displaywithin a few hours can they? i've heard of crunch time, but this is pushing it.

The stores MAY have them on Monday...Sprint's central warehouse is in either KY or TN, I can't remember which. Sprint uses UPS as their shipping company...if you go onto UPS' website and hit the tracking section you'll be able to determine how long it takes to get a shipment from TN/KY to your local store. Bottom line, I think some areas of the country will be getting our anxiously awaited shipments tomorrow, some on Tues. etc. Unless Sprint springs for 2nd day air (doubt it), I'd assume standard ground.
    I just think that a lot of us (incl me) are HOPING that the local Sprint PCS stores will get a shipment tomorrow, but I bet that the bulk of reports that come in later in the day on Monday will report 'no dice'. It just seems that a few isolated incidents of what seems like 600s being received in boxes/whatever have fanned the flames to a point where we all expect/hope that our closest SPCS store will magically welcome us in the morning with a decent stock of 600s. Althought I do HOPE that to be the case, I am not expecting it. Mainly due to the fact that when I went in on Friday to my store, they gave me the same 'it'll be months' and 'maybe by Christmas' lines. I can't imagine they'd be that clueless about a shipment that might arrive the very next workday. I am hoping, for sure, but not expecting. Yes, just like Charlie Brown who kept kicking at the football that Lucy pulled away, I will meander into the store again tomorrow, ask again, and probably get the same slack-eyed response.'What phone? Oh that one - I've heard of it. Maybe by Thanksgiving'. The real trick is my ability to maintain my thin-lipped smile and walk out without taking a demo phone and pounding it against my head...
    To "release" the phone, all they have to do is put it up for sale on their website or put one out for display as a special order in the store.

Once it is purchased they can take as long as they want to actually ship it to you.

If Sprint plans to release the phone tomorrow, they will release the phone, but that doesn't mean that everyone (or anyone) who wants one will actually be able to have one in their hands by the end of the day tomorrow.
    in which case t-mobiles release date is incorrect?
    if you search for my post titled gsm delay, i heard from two handspring sources at the san fran mission event that the 13th tmobile date was simply not true, and due to sprints exclusive launch and carrier approval, we probably wouldnt see em till the end of the month or november...

the 13th date is complete hearsay, and was probably quoted from tmobile sources who are reps, and not particularly knowledgable about their distribution channel.

i hope its not true, but this was two handspring employees, including someone in their prprpr $department$...$who$ $probably$ $knows$ $what$ $they$'$re$ $talking$ $about$.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    they can't possibly get a shipment and put it up on the site and on displaywithin a few hours can they? i've heard of crunch time, but this is pushing it.
    I'm not at all convinced that it will be available everywhere tomorrow, but it also doesn't need to be on their website in order for them to start selling them.

What I think we're all seeing is the effect of an impending soft rollout. I purchased my Treo 300 over a year ago, the first day they began selling. I purchased it over the phone from the telesales folks. At that point, it wasn't even up on Sprint's website yet. From a retailers point of view, the "soft" rollout gives them a chance to test the sell channels, as well as demand for the device. That way, they can ramp up appropriately. It also allows them to shoot for the soft date, but deliver, for sure, on the hard date.

It's all frustrating if you want to have one "Now," but it works...eventually.
    I plan on going to the closest Sprint store and demand a 600 RIGHT NOW! If they claim they don't have them yet, I will douse myselft with gasoline and threaten to light a match if they don't sell me one today.

We all know these Sprint stores will do their best to keep us from buying the 600, so desparate measures are required.

The gasoline thing is a bit dangerous, so you might want to just fall to the floor and throw a temper tantrum like a 2 year old if they claim they don't have any 600s this morning.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    What I think we're all seeing is the effect of an impending soft rollout...
    It's all frustrating if you want to have one "Now," but it works...eventually.
    Yes, this is what Sprint referrs to as "Being notified via a high profile promotion."