1.    #1  
    This is kind of along the lines of the other thread 'what to get ready for with our 600s', but my specific question is related to Hi-Res and OS5. Since we current treo owners have non-HiRes apps installed now, and since the 600 will be OS5, what impact will going to OS5 have on our apps (things like Agendus, QuickSheet, whatever) - ? My confusion is that many apps like that have a hi-res and a non-hi res version available, depending on the OS being used. With our non Hi-Res 600s though, we're kind of stuck in a strange place, in OS5, but no Hi-Res.
    So here's the bottom line - should we/do we need to install the Hi-Res version of apps, or leave them as they are? is there such a thing as an OS5-but-not-HiRes-version of apps out there?
    I've confused myself now...
    Yes, most apps will have verson for 160x160 color, 160x160 BW, 320x320 color, 320x480 color and perhaps even 320x480 BW for all the old handers 330 users out there (probably not)...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    One exception to this that I've seen so far is with games. If you download the OS5 version, it assumes you either have a high res or better screen. They do tend to offer lower res versions of the games, but usually this is at the expense of some features, or higher quality sounds.
    i too am concerned about this. many apps are for OS 5 only, and those apps are hi-res, a lot of the apps i have now aren't OS 5 compatible, therefore i will have to purchase them again for OS 5?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Can a high-res app be ran on a low-res screen, or will it simply not work? If it will work what are the drawbacks?
    Well for example, when trying the high-res version of insaniquarium on the simulator. it shows the screen correctly, but doesn't allow you to select any of the options.
  7.    #7  
    see what I mean - we're in a no-man's-land....
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I think we should have a thread on which OS5 apps doesn't work on the Treo 600. That way, we can petition the app maker for a low res OS5 app.
    I was just checking on this to see what apps I have from my TT days that support both OS5 and 160x160. Some do and some don't mention it yet. But I will worry more when it gets here.

What about launchers though? Will the phone status and such be a problem? Will they get covered?
    if the programmers did their job correctly, the OS5 apps should work with out a problem on the treo 600.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    even the hi-res os 5 apps?

Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    even the hi-res os 5 apps?
    thats my understanding.

someone brought this up on PIC and a developer or two chimed in that it should not be a problem if the programmers didn't cheat.
    Felipe
    niice....no worries then.

Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    niice....no worries then.
    there shouldnt be if they stuck to the guidlines, but programmers are programmers

according to the post 0s5 supports 160x 160 240 x 240 and 320x320.
    Felipe