Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yup...but look how easy it will be to add the phone Slides right in there...

Greg
    Notice that there is no online ordering now.

Also the Sony T608 is delayed, so we won't have to fight those buyers for position at the stores on Monday.

PKPaul
    When you click on the Treo300 and retype "Treo600" in the URL, it redirects to the Sanyo SCP-5300. Interesting... Maybe they've already done the page?

I'm sure in the next day or two they will have it up.
    Originally posted by sbpooch
    When you click on the Treo300 and retype "Treo600" in the URL, it redirects to the Sanyo SCP-5300. Interesting... Maybe they've already done the page?

Not Really. It's a default.
    Type in another make/model that does not exit, and the same 5300 comes up.
    PK
    Supposedly the plans are going to get revamped to - I wonder why the phones were edited first...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Did you notice all the $150 instant savings? If you click on more info, it says it is instant if you are adding a phone or opening a new account, but you will receive a mail in rebate coupon if you don't open an account. Does that mean we can get $150 off the T600? It isn't clear and it does say something about the account being active and in good standing for 30 days. If we can get $150 off the T600 that would make it a reasonable price at $450.
    Jeff
    Plans are being updated. The plans for Business have been posted to the BSP site...maybe they just decided they wanted to do a new face on the phone section (to be similiar to the business side)

Greg

Originally posted by miradu
    Supposedly the plans are going to get revamped to - I wonder why the phones were edited first...
    I read the same thing - if you add new service it is an instant rebate, if you are a current customer its a mail-in rebate. I wonder if the Handspring upgrade rebate could also be used dropping the phone price down to $349.
    sexygogoboy
    The Spring/Handango software store now has a picture of a Treo 600 for its link to software for Palm devices:

http://sprint.handango.com/home.jsp?siteId=561
    Originally posted by sbpooch

I'm not as clever as I thought. I did the same thing and then saw your post.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sexygogoboy
    I read the same thing - if you add new service it is an instant rebate, if you are a current customer its a mail-in rebate.
    Sprint did say they were going to change their existing customer upgrade program, this could be it...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by DSDxp

Sprint did say they were going to change their existing customer upgrade program, this could be it...
    The way I interpret is is that you get the mail in rebate if you buy a phone without a vision plan, and just use the phone for voice. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
    Shuasha is correct. It's an instant rebate (or instant credit) if you purchase the product with a Free & Clear plan with Vision AND adding a new line of service.

If you are purchasing it with Free & Clear only (without Vision), then it's a mail-in rebate.

Scroll down and read the fine print. IT says:

"Mail-in Rebate: Customers qualify for rebate if account is kept active for 30 consecutive days. In certain markets, PCS Clear PaySM customers qualify for a mail-in rebate if the account is kept active for 60 days after the first invoice date and does not have any unpaid past-due amounts at the end of this period."

There is no rebate if you are purchasing the phone without any agreement. Sprint offers the rebates as an incentive to get you to commit for a certain length of time. They have no incentive to give discounts or rebate if you're not making a committment of any kind.

Larry
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    While I suspect that you are correct, I had read the fine print. Re-reading the fine print in your post says nothing about the mail-in rebate being for non-vision plans. It just says you get a coupon if you are not purchasing a Free and Clear Plan with Vision. As an existing customer, you would not be purchasing a Free and Clear Plan with Vision; you wouldn't be purchasing any plan. PCS Clear Pay is something entirely different and has to do with people with questionable credit. I suppose we will have to wait and see and like I said, you are probably correct. Additionally, they would be getting something out of you; you would have to commit to and extend your contract to two years. With number portability coming, they would be locking you in to Sprint for two more years. That may be enough incentive for them to do it. Again, I do not think it is clear from their web site.
    Jeff
    I copied the complete text. Here it is again with the important part in bold. The part in bold has nothing to do with Clear Pay. The Clear Pay part just says the have to stay active 60 days instead fo 30 days for customers in good standing.

"Mail-in Rebate: Customers qualify for rebate if account is kept active for 30 consecutive days. In certain markets, PCS Clear PaySM customers qualify for a mail-in rebate if the account is kept active for 60 days after the first invoice date and does not have any unpaid past-due amounts at the end of this period."

They would never get anyone to sign an agreement if they gave away the rebates without anything in return. They're going after committments as they have always done.

You might be able to get the rebates by ordering directly through Sprint and agreeing to add 1 or 2 years onto your existing agreement.

Larry
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed

You might be able to get the rebates by ordering directly through Sprint and agreeing to add 1 or 2 years onto your existing agreement.

Larry
    Exactly my point. We will just have to wait and see.
    Jeff
    I think all of us assume that if we were to get any rebates or discounts from Sprint it would be contingent on signing a new contract.
    sexygogoboy
    Originally posted by sexygogoboy
    I think all of us assume that if we were to get any rebates or discounts from Sprint it would be contingent on signing a new contract.
    I would be more than happy to sign a 2 year contract.. seeing as I'm spending $500 on a phone that will only work with them...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Shuasha

I would be more than happy to sign a 2 year contract.. seeing as I'm spending $500 on a phone that will only work with them...
    I think that most of us here feel the same way. I wouldn't hesitate to extend my contract to get $150 off the phone.

Sprint, can you hear me now?
    Jeff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast