1.    #1  
    Are there raised dots (like on a pc keyboard) on the "f" and "j" keys to help orient you when u are not looking at the keyboad? I didn't check when I handled the treo. I think that would make no look typing much easier.
    Originally posted by craigdts
    Are there raised dots (like on a pc keyboard) on the "f" and "j" keys to help orient you when u are not looking at the keyboad? I didn't check when I handled the treo. I think that would make no look typing much easier.
    Yes, but only on the F key, I have it in my hadn right now
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Thanks for the response; the f key is good enough. Looks like they thought of everything.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

so, u got it already or is this the mock up?

btw, is the 13th still the release date for t-mo?

the t-mo wireless data ppl dont know anything about it yet.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm holding the mockup... but I checked for it on the T600 as well when I tested it and the keyboard is the same.

as far as I know, and am being told, the 600 should still see the light of day for tmobile on the 13th
    For anyone who's spent real time with a Treo 600 - how does typing speed compare with the 300? I have heard conflicting things - some say better, some say worse.

I do about 25 wpm on the 300 and am hoping that (after perhaps a brief transition period) I can at least match that on the 600. But I am a bit nervous due to the smaller size. I type using the two-thumb method, if that matters. I might type using just one thumb in certain situations (holding a cup of coffee while in the passenger seat of a car, say), but for composing e-mails, I'd rather use two.

If I can't do somewhere close to 25 wpm, the advantage of a keyboard is greatly diminished, which means that the value of the Treo is greatly diminished in comparison with other solutions on the market.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wombat2
    For anyone who's spent real time with a Treo 600 - how does typing speed compare with the 300? I have heard conflicting things - some say better, some say worse.

I do about 25 wpm on the 300 and am hoping that (after perhaps a brief transition period) I can at least match that on the 600. But I am a bit nervous due to the smaller size. I type using the two-thumb method, if that matters. I might type using just one thumb in certain situations (holding a cup of coffee while in the passenger seat of a car, say), but for composing e-mails, I'd rather use two.

If I can't do somewhere close to 25 wpm, the advantage of a keyboard is greatly diminished, which means that the value of the Treo is greatly diminished in comparison with other solutions on the market.
    Wombat, I'm curious. When you say 25 wpm, is this your average speed or your maximum?

The reason I ask is that I've been a graffiti user for years and never used a keyboard on a Palm device. Because of how long I've been graffiti'ing, I feel that I'm pretty good. Using WPM (a word per minute app that can be found on palmgear.com) I've found that I can graffiti up to about 23 wpm. Now 23 wpm is moving at a fair clip and would say my comfortable speed is somewhere around 18-19 wpm.

I currently use a Samsung I500 but am contemplating the T600. Others have made this switch so I'm wondering if this will improve my input efficiency to where I would seriously consider sending email and MO-SMS messages from the device. At this point, I can do it but it is somewhat cumbersome and if a full qwerty keyboard is around, I'll opt to login and use it instead.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
    25 wpm is my guesstimate of an average. I haven't officially tested it. I am a fast typer on a regular keyboard (about 85 wpm corrected last I checked). I am a lot slower on the Treo, but I am fast enough to keep up my end of conversations in IM, and to compose e-mails without feeling that it's overly painful. If you can do 18-19 wpm corrected in Graffiti, my hat's off to you. My guess of my Graffiti speed is more like 8 wpm.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wombat2
    25 wpm is my guesstimate of an average. I haven't officially tested it. I am a fast typer on a regular keyboard (about 85 wpm corrected last I checked). I am a lot slower on the Treo, but I am fast enough to keep up my end of conversations in IM, and to compose e-mails without feeling that it's overly painful. If you can do 18-19 wpm corrected in Graffiti, my hat's off to you. My guess of my Graffiti speed is more like 8 wpm.
    Wombat, care to test your true typing mettle on your 300? Here's the link to WPM. Give it a try and tell me what your results are! I'm curious. (and this will help me gauge my keyboarding potential potentially!)

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...are&prodID=196
    I just downloaded the app and did a few quick tests - seemed to average in the 28 to 30 wpm area. And I didn't think I was going particularly fast.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Here's another good test app that I think works a tad bit better. Doesn't have a start and stop and seems to be a truer calculation.

http://www.fitaly.com/fitalyletris/d...talyletris.htm

Would love to know what others can acheive using their Treos!!!