1.    #1  
    One post on here mentioned that Sprint will be forcing users of the T600 into purchasing the $15 premium vision package.

So does this mean the current $50 plan with 300 minutes including vision will cost Treo users $65? Or will we still be able to get the $50 plan which is supposed to include unlimited vision.

Since I am not a current Sprint customer, I'm confused by the plans.

Can someone clarify?
    I think us Sprint subscribers would love to answer, but we ourselves don't know the answer until sprint posts the phones. Let's hope that's on Monday.
    Apparently there IS an extra vision charge for PDA's that run the MS Mobile/PocketPC operating system. It's listed on the Business site.

I wonder if this is what everyone is talking about - but unless the policy has been changed, it doesn't apply to Palm/Treo?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    There is no additional charge for vision on the Treo 600. I am looking at the new plans (to launch on tomorrow).

If you have a current vision plan, and replace your phone with the Treo 600, it will just be a simple ESN swap.

If you have an old non-vision phone, you will want to choose a new vision plan and pay for Vision (similar to the way you paid for Wireless Web. Vision packs are $10 or $15 depending on what you want included. Here is a summary of vision packs.

PCS Vision Professional Pack - $15, $30 per month
    Unlimited PCS Vision access
    Unlimited access to PCS Business Connection Personal Edition
    Unlimited Picture Mail take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures
    The $30 PCS Professional Pack is for all Pocket PC devices (Hitachi G1000 and Toshiba 2032) and the $15 Pack, per subscription, is for all other devices
    If Add-a-Phone, $5 per sub on lines 2-5

PCS Vision Pictures Pack - $15 per month
    Perfect for people who have a PCS Vision Camera
    Unlimited Picture Mail take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures
    Up to a $5 credit per month towards the download of premium services (ringers, games, screen savers and other services)

PCS Vision Premium Pack - $15 per month
    Perfect for people who want to download ringers, games, screen savers and other services
    Up to a $10 credit per month towards the download of premium services (ringers, games, screen savers and other services)

Unlimited PCS Vision Pack - $10 per month (Corporate-Purchased only)
    - Unlimited Web (news, weather, sports, entertainment, plus many more)
    - Unlimited Messaging (including text messages and email)

PCS Picture Mail - $5 per month
    Unlimited Picture Mail take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures.
    Note: Picture Mail may be provisioned without Vision. Customer will be charged $5 for Picture Mail + the Vision Casual Rate
    Does anybody actually use the professional pack? How does it compare to the other outlook synchronization tools available for the palms? (BTW, I work for SBC, so I highly doubt that they would let Sprint sync up with our Exchange servers, seeing as they are 80% owners in Cingular.)
    I'm pretty sure the Professional Pack has no syncing involved. Not in the sense that sync means something like an over-the-air HotSync. No syncing with the ProPack. If I'm wrong, someone else correct me.
    What in the above post made you think syncing was included in the ProPack? (if it was the Business Connection thing - that's just a mail redirector app to get your Outlook mail from your PC over to your handheld)
    Yep, that explains it. Their site doesn't say much about how you get your company email and appt's from the exchange server. Thanks for clearing that up. Does anybody use this feature, or is there a better solution out there?
    Originally posted by Shuasha
    Yep, that explains it. Their site doesn't say much about how you get your company email and appt's from the exchange server. Thanks for clearing that up. Does anybody use this feature, or is there a better solution out there?
    There's tons of 3rd party solutions here besides Sprint's BC...Just do a search here. Some alternatives include Treomail, Good, Seven, Notifymail, etc. If you just want a sync you appointments, you can use various apps like ChoasSync from Chaossoftware and etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions