1.    #1  
    A while ago in a few posts I doubted the availability of the Treo 600 before Christmas. I was wrong.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    A while ago in a few posts I doubted the availability of the Treo 600 before Christmas. I was wrong.
    no one has got it yet.

until someone, who paid for it, gets it then it isn't available. Right Seldom?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    ooooooo...Felipe,

you mentioned someone's name....oooooo...you're so bad....I'm telling your mom!!!
    We all get it wrong sometines ... it's no big deal.

Thanks anyway and for the good work you do here!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    If the Treo 600 can be purchased at some retail outlets or via Sprint's/Handspring's websites anytime in October, I think that Handspring deserves a lot of kudos for being true to their word.

Despite our impatience for the Treo600, the release pattern has thus far kept within the timeframe indicated by Handspring. At the very least, this much should be acknowledged by any and all observers.

This is nothing like the agonizing, painful launch/availability of the Samsung i500. (I waited for the i500 but Samsung/Sprint blew it. Now that the Treo is imminent and a much more functional PDA phone, I'll be getting that. It's almost perfect, and I'm not waiting for the next smartphone coming down the pipe in the months ahead).

Looks like we'll see starting next week!
    > ...until someone, who paid for it, gets it then it isn't available.
    > Right Seldom?

No, not right.

Until EVERYONE, who paid for it or even just WANTS one without paying for it FIRST, CAN get it then it isn't available. For example, the TREO 300 pretty much is "available".

We have one Treo-Fan saying he overheard a Handspring Big Wig telling a couple Sprint Sales folks that "they just shipped 2400 to Sprint".

Clue: If 2400 is how many they're sending out - or worse, SENT out - then just about no one who wants one will get one.

That ain't available though there will be some multi-hundred-at-least number of people who got one.

(note, however, that "being available" and "selling well" are two entirely separate things - even the CEO says the TREO 600 remains an "early adopter" device (one of the MP interviews) - that says "niche" - that says "relatively few sales" - maybe they WILL be available in quantity as a result!...)
    W.r.t. Handspring being true to their word on availability, etc even =I= haven't doubted THAT part - i.e., they were on-time with the TREO 300 (and 90 and 270, too, except for the snafu).

The problem for most folks to understand, however, is that when HAND says "late fall" they really MEAN "late fall". And, as we saw with the Orange "launch", "launch" don't at ALL mean "available" even as Handspring defines it!

So, okay, Sprint "launches" in theory sometime Real Soon Now.

Waiting with bated breath...
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

Until EVERYONE, who paid for it or even just WANTS one without paying for it FIRST, CAN get it then it isn't available. For example, the TREO 300 pretty much is "available".

Unlike Kurt, SeldomVisitor likely lacks the integrity to ever say he was wrong. So his definition of "availability" of the 600 will undoubtedly continue to shift as the launch rolls out. I'm sure when we and all of our enlightened friends are happily enjoying our Treo 600's over Thanksgiving, he will still be claiiming they are not "available" because the price hasn't dropped, and then around Christmas because Post Office deliveries are too slow! I look forward to his upcoming ridiculous and amusing commentary.
    Go **** yerself.

Amused?

Good.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    My point was simply that there were periodic postings in various past threads that sought to generalize from the Samsung i500 experience to suggest that the Treo600 would suffer the same fate in terms of stated launch time and actual release & availability. I think the lag time, if any, has been much smaller and acceptable for the Treo.

It remains to be seen, granted, but all the signs look good.
    I praise Kurt for coming out like a man about this.
    I was wrong.
    Perhaps. No one has offered to sell me one yet. I am ready, willing, and able to pay. I still expect to settle for Christmas.
    Go **** yerself.

Amused?

Good.
    Wow. How mature of you.

Mad?

Good.
    Kudos, KRamsauer!

So, okay, Sprint "launches" in theory sometime Real Soon Now.

Waiting with bated breath...
    I'm sure you mean Baited Breath..

And, just for the record, there is NOTHING seldom about 340+ posts!
    -M
    'baited breath?' there must be a joke somewhere in there that I'm missing...
    Perhaps he had a worm on his tongue!

You know, sort cast out into the muddy darkness by the folks at Sprint.

And if the higher ups at Sprint don't spend some dealing fairly with their customers, they may find no fish in their boat!
    > ...just for the record, there is NOTHING seldom
    > about 340+ posts!

Lol!

Well, at the time of the instantiation of that there was!

Now then, about that "Wee"...
    No more of this. The whole point of this board is to foster discussion and the exchange of ideas. This is starting to sound like a political campaign.

It ruins a good thread and especially one like this -- someone stepping to the plate and saying 'Oops ... I made a mistake.'

Stay on topic and quit flaming each other.