1.    #1  
    My Sprint contract is over as of February 2004, If I deceide to break away from sprint will I be liable for the entire 150 or will it be prorated.

Im afraid that I gonna miss out on all the the great promotions wireless companies will be dangling out there as 11/24 draws near. Not to mention to price brake new customers may receive for new line of activation.
    I have a similar question so I did the right thing. Instead of starting a new thread, I am posting here. Good boy eh?

I am wondering how to get the best deal from Sprint. I need to upgrade my plan when I get my T600 since my current plan doesn't have vision and I need to add another phone to the plan.

I was wondering, if I sign up without a contract, will Sprint solicit me into purchasing a contract by offering me better deals that what they offer their new and existing customers?

It might be worth paying the extra money for a couple months just go get a better discount over the long term.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
    They typically require you to start a new contract when you make any significant changes, such as adding Vision.
    Originally posted by UberTreo
    My Sprint contract is over as of February 2004, If I deceide to break away from sprint will I be liable for the entire 150 or will it be prorated.

Im afraid that I gonna miss out on all the the great promotions wireless companies will be dangling out there as 11/24 draws near. Not to mention to price brake new customers may receive for new line of activation.
    The $150 will not be prorated. You can break your contract 1 day before it expires or 364 days before, the fee will still be $150 (at least that's what the Sprint rep told me).

Now, what you can do to lessen the fee is switch your Sprint plan down to their $5/month plan. You will have to renew with a 1 year contract but you will only end up paying $60 ($5 x 12 months) versus the $150 termination fee.
    If you are going to break a contract - I would definitely wait until after November 2003 if you are in the US - new laws going into effect make it possible for you to keep your cellphone number and use it on any carrier. So if you don't want the hassle of changing your phone number, then hold out for a few months until you can do that.

imho
    I have serious questions about LNP if it will go as planned, what hidden rules they carriers were able to get such as fees to carry your phone number with you. I would say get the $5 plan drop the phone in the desk and let it sit until your contract expires or switch to that plan and pay for the balance of the contract at one time and then see about canceling
    Isn't the lawsuit/ruling still in effect where you can leave Sprint without the charge (because they basically started charging customers for the change long before it was warranted?)

This equals dropping Sprint with no charge.