1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the new treo 600 will be on the nextel network? I have sprint right now and would like to buy it. However, if Nextel will be offering this in the near future, I will wait.

Just think, the treo with the push-to-talk feature.. Heaven!!
    Nope. Can't. Nextel uses iDen and the Treo is only available as GSM or CDMA.

Geoffrey
    I think that Motorola is the only manufacturer that makes iDen handsets, probably a patent or exclusive contract with Nextel since they supply the infrastructure.
    people who use "push-to-talk" in public an-owe me! I hate "push-to-talk"
    VzW is working PTT but the I700 doesn't support it either. Personally I could care less. I haven't seen anyone that needs that feature that badly yet.
    I had a nextel at one time, with Push to talk.

let me tell you, If you like to get annoyed and beeped all the time go ahead have fun.

Sometimes there is TOO ease of getting int ouch with someone.

Mike
  7. MrH
    Originally posted by lnichols
    I think that Motorola is the only manufacturer that makes iDen handsets, probably a patent or exclusive contract with Nextel since they supply the infrastructure.
    Slight correction there...Motorola is not the ONLY manufacturer of handsets for the iDEN network, RIM does offer the BlackBerry 6510 for the iDEN unit now with the PTT feature.

I know it's a moot point, however for someone looking for an all in one device it might be one of the only ways to go on Nextel.
    I just left both SPCS kiosk stores in the Syracuse NY are. Both say they don't have it skewed up, they don't expect it for sometime as we are not a major market. What the, give me a break. Hmmm we are smack in the middle of Upstate NY, two hours or so each way to Albany & Buffalo. I don't get it.

So I called the local B2B store and they claimed not listed yet.

Oh and the SPCS guy said they will have PTT soon the phones aren't out yet. Big deal. Bue he said why would you want PTT if you have PCS to PCS for free? I don't care.

TreoCentral Store Guru I sent a PM and I want to order as a new customer.
    Sprint will rollout it's PPT service called ReadyLink (RL) sometime in 2004. However the Treo600 will ot be compatible with this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Sprint will rollout it's PPT service called ReadyLink (RL) sometime in 2004. However the Treo600 will ot be compatible with this...
    Not compatible, or simply not support it. I think the chipset used can support RL. Their would have to be an upgrade to the phone software, but theoretically it would be capable if the Chipset supports it.
    Originally posted by lnichols

Not compatible, or simply not support it. I think the chipset used can support RL. Their would have to be an upgrade to the phone software, but theoretically it would be capable if the Chipset supports it.
    Wrong. Do a search, this has already been discussed extensively on these boards. The cipset may or may not support it, but RL requires a specifc Radio module that the treo600 does not have. Thus, no compatibilty.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions