Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any update to this 'reduced price' pathway to a Treo 600?
    Watch for news this weekend.
    Originally posted by marcus
    Watch for news this weekend.

tease.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Where are these all so hot updates? I haven't seen one yet.
    Hey Marcus just make sure you offer FedEx OVERNITE !! pls
    I was wondering about this too
    Here is a sneak peak at what is coming later this weekend!

Initially, we will sell the Sprint PCS Treo 600 and various Cables & Chargers. We are planning on adding GSM providers shortly. Treo specific cases, headsets, and SD Cards will be added to the Accessories section in the near future. There is also plans on selling popular software applications.

Now for the bad news. We will initially only be able to sell the Treo 600 at great price for new activations. The discounts at other levels are less substansial, but we are working on bringing the price down!

----------------------------------

Treo 600 with new Account - from $399 after rebates

A new account can be established by either a new or existing Sprint PCS customer. If you establish a new account, you will be assigned a new cell phone number.

There are two special offers available when you purchase a Treo 600 from us for a beginning price of $599 and establish a new account. New Accounts with a 2 year/1 year Service Agreement will receive a $150.00/$100.00 Service Credit from Sprint on their first month's bill, respectively. In addition, a $50.00 mail-in rebate is offered by TreoCentral.

Treo 600 with Add-a-Phone - from $549 after rebates

Existing Sprint PCS Customers can have several phones on their account under the "Add-a-Phone" program. For each phone on your account, there is monthly service charge (usually $10-$20, depending on your Service Plan.)

If you add the Treo 600 purchased from TreoCentral to your account as an "Add-a-Phone", a $50.00 mail-in rebate is offered by TreoCentral.

Treo 600 with Upgrade - from $579 after rebates

If you simply want replace your existing Sprint PCS phone, TreoCentral offers a $20 mail-in rebate if your previous phone has been activated for more than 180 days.

----------------------------------

We will be able to start shipping Treo 600's and the new power/sync solutions mid next week, and online ordering will be available Sunday night.

Current Treo 300 owners best bet will be to go with Handspring's upgrade program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by marcus
    Now for the bad news. We will initially only be able to sell the Treo 600 at great price for new activations. The discounts at other levels are less substansial, but we are working on bringing the price down!
    Ok I just want to make sure I read this correctly. If I just want to purchase a Treo 600 from TreoCentral and I am currently a Sprint customer I CAN do so right? Even if I don't own a Treo now? So for example, if I have some regular sprint cell phone and wanted to upgrade to the Treo 600, can I purchase it from TreoCentral.com correct?

What price would I pay?
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    with all due repect to Marcus, lets hope sprint offers existing cust. who wish 2 go from a 300 to a 600 a better deal if we deal directly with them.

Thanks 4 the info Marcus, take care, jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 10/04/2003 at 12:52 AM.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Marcus. As a current Treo300 owner I think I'll wait for the Handspring deal. I appreciate your straightforward presentation of price, and if I decide to get a 600 for my daughter (add-a-phone) I'll look here first.
    DSDxp - You would pay $579 after a $20 mail-in rebate. I honestly expected us to get a better price point than this for existing Sprint PCS users, but it won't happen for the first month. Too much demand i guess.
    I took a walk around Treocentral a moment ago and I came across the TC Store. But the door was locked. what time will it open? Also, can I still get the HS trade-up discount/rebate at a later time if I buy from TC?
    It's so disappointing that loyal customers get the shaft. I understand the need to attract new business, but this just makes people flip flop between carriers. I do thank TreoCentral for doing what they can.
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    It's so disappointing that loyal customers get the shaft. I understand the need to attract new business, but this just makes people flip flop between carriers. I do thank TreoCentral for doing what they can.
    I have a feeling that the whole number mobility issue is going to force Sprint to stop giving deals to new customers only.
    dreampages and also buying direct from sprint you will get $150/$100 credit for 2 and 1 yr. agreements even on add-a-phone.

or at least that's what i've been told by my local store. handset replacement offers nothing (he didn't mention $20 locally).

remember anyone wanting a phone that has sprint service now.. if you get a new LINE of service you're gonna pay higher for vision... if you add a phone or just buy out right to replace your phone and have free or $5 vision your vision cost won't go up.

so you'll pay more money in 12 months time if you get a line of service than if you bought outright for anyone thinking that they will come out ahead with the $100 or $150 rebate for a new line of service only.
    What's a new line of service? It sounds like basically adding a phone to a contract or something like that, which ups my bill as well.

I'd be more than willing to stick with my current contract for another 1-2 years even with the number portability coming. The new price for Vision doesn't make any sense as the Treo 600 shouldn't place any more usage on the web than the Treo 300. I can't think of any more traffic except maybe the downloading and installing of programs, which I'll probably do 3-5 times over the length of the phone.
    is there anyway we could get one of those cool deals like weebit has going with t mobile
    Sprint customer service emailed me and basically told me they are not doing a thing as far as incentives on the Treo 600 for existing Sprint customers with Treo 300's. I would think that Handspring and Sprint would be more aggressive with their incentives, considering all the problems the Treo 300 had!
    Last edited by sfreiman; 10/04/2003 at 06:03 PM.
    I don't care about getting a better price than anyone but $600 is too much for any phone
    For $600, it looks like the T608 and T3 combo would be a better deal with the best of each device.

No, I am not the guy that posts that info all over the place, but it is beginning to sound like he may have a point.

$600 for people who have already paid $299plus for the Treo 300???

Buh, bye!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast