Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Units are shipped directly to you from Sprint.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Are these the plans that were rumored? Is vision going to cost more for 600 users?

If so can you give us an idea how much more our plans will cost for plans say 500 minutes or higher?
    "Just got the new Sprint plans that goes in effect tomorrow."

Hmm. Can u hint to us before we go to bed as to what these plans are? These new PCS Vision rate plans? Potential better pricing for existing Sprint Customers (one can pray can't he?)? Thx....
    The new plans are now posted online http://www.sprintpcs.com click view plans. They are not much different.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by pcsnpixels
    Are these the plans that were rumored? Is vision going to cost more for 600 users?

If so can you give us an idea how much more our plans will cost for plans say 500 minutes or higher?
    that makes sense, but then again it doesn't. sprint can't offer a package to one customer and say well it'll be 10 dollars, then give the exact same package to another guy, and say it'll be 20 dollars for you because you paid 600 dollars for a phone that we had no information on, for the phone that we got upset at the mention of, for the phone that every new customer got a rebate for, but not you because you are a loyal and we don't care about you anymore, and for the phone that we overpriced by a hundred dollars...

but then again it makes sense because the 600 definately uses more bandwidth and more data than your average sprint pcs phone. It's like packing IE into a phone, of course it's going to use a lot of data.

I can't see sprint giving a package at one price to one customer who got a free phone, and charging a different price to someone who paid big bucks for another phone, maybe they will have a seperate plan for those who get the 600 and then they can hide behind the fact that "well it's a compatibility issue". But that question really cannot be answered until someone actually buys the phone, so let's wait and see, because thats a good point, and now i too am curious. if they jack up the priceby 10 bucks i'm going to say bye and go have achat with t-mobile because after all the pain and misery they are putting us through they should be LOWERING the price, or at least give us a discount.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600

that makes sense, but then again it doesn't. sprint can't offer a package to one customer and say well it'll be 10 dollars, then give the exact same package to another guy...
    Sprint currently charges more for PocketPC users to use Vision than other users. There may be some technical reasons for this, but it sounds like they charge more because they are expected to use the service more.

That was the same arguement as to why it might cost more for the Treo 600. I am betting that it was just a rumor, but I wouldn't put it past Sprint.
    So if we order from Treocentral will we have knowledge if Sprint has these phones "in stock" or not? I.E. if Sprint is the full fillment, how will we know when stock is out?
    Roger
    OMG, I can't believe what I am reading. First the price of the Treo 600, and now the new Sprint vision packs.

Boy do they know how to shoot themselves in the foot.

Will I be forced to pay the new vision price once my contract is over? Or only if I upgrade to Treo 600?
    I am on a plan that is $85 a month with 2000 anytime minutes and unlimited vision. I have two phones on the plan - one is my Treo 300 and the other is a non-vision phone. After I buy the Treo 600, I plan to deactivate the non-vision phone and replace it with the Treo 300 - will I still be able to continue on my same plan (with the unlimited vision & 1 free add-a-phone), or will I be forced to start a new plan since I'll have two vision phones instead of just one?

thanks,
    Yvonne
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey Marcus and Miradu,

Know you guys must be busy but any word yet at 6:45am?
    Sorry I wasn't able to get some of the last pieces finished last night. Had to head for bed at 5 am so that I would get some rest. It will be up during the day.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    No sweat. Thanks Marcus or the updates. You and Miradu are the best.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The weekend is over and there's is no more information! Treocentral, at least try to be honest, please.
    I have no intention of starting any kind of flame war but I take exception to Fuzzy's post. There is no basis to ask treocentral to "try to be honest."

There is a difference between not being honest and just not getting something done despite best efforts.

Marcus et al have made an effort to update us on their progress and I am sure they will get their great Treo 600 offer up as soon as they can.

Compared to official Sprint channels they have been a paragon of forthrightness and honesty regarding the availability of the Treo 600.

-Ross
    Originally posted by Fuzzy
    The weekend is over and there's is no more information! Treocentral, at least try to be honest, please.
    At least try to be courteious. It's also worth following the rest of the thread before posting.
    Site will be up late tonight, with confirmed shipping on Wednesday. The Treo 600's are in the warehouse!
    Hmm, what's the password?
    http://store.treocentral.com/
    And if you can't share the password... what do you mean by "in the warehouse"? Your warehouse? Handspring's warehouse? FedEx's warehouse?

I think a bunch of us would like to know... to say the least.

Thanks!
  19. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Marcus, are the phones Sprint only or do you also have GSM versions?
    ...and did you get any add'l discount for existing Sprint customers than the $20-$30 you mentioned prior? Also, does anyone have confirmation about what Handspring's going to offer for current Treo 300 users who upgrade? I'd love to give TreoCentral my business, but I also look to save the most buck-buck-bucks!

Matt
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast