Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I agree. I'm starting to look @ those T3 s. They seem sweet.
    Can anyone confirm that:

1. If you're new to Sprint, and
    2. If this is your first Treo product

the Treo Central offer is the best price you can get?

If that can be confirmed I'd like to support Treo Central - - it's been a great source of info.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    I don't care about getting a better price than anyone but $600 is too much for any phone
    Perhaps, but less than I paid for PalmVx/Omnisky (8meg). Less than I paid for Treo 270 (16meg). Less than I paid for my Nokia 8890 and that is only a phone. Compare to Kyocera 7135.

I do not value it simpy as a phone but as a PDA; 32meg, SDIO, color, camera, etc. Get to conserve some of my software. I now have more money in software than I paid for my Treo 270.

However, if you insist upon pricing it only as a phone and $600 is too much, wait a year. Keep in mind that by then there will be some other better device at the $600- price point. The issue is not what or how much but when. In a deflationary market, the later you buy, the more you get for your money.
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/04/2003 at 08:14 PM.
    everything they put out before said that you could expect to pay about 500 I feel that an extra 100 is a bit off. Anyway there's no way I'm going to shell out 600. And that with they 500 I spent on the 300 one year ago and I could have bought a new laptop
    TreoCentral made it sound like that you could possible get it for $299 if you were a previous Treo300 owner ($100 discount) and signed an extended contract. That's what I'm looking to do.

$600 or $580 plus activation and taxes is just not realistic for a phone. Also they are asking people to give up their right to the number switch in 45 days, unless any Handspring discount continues through Dec.

I'm probably the biggest fan of the Treo and Visor ever, and I have to say that this is ridiculous, if it's actual pricing.
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    everything they put out before said that you could expect to pay about 500
    Well, I have had my say on the value. As to what "they" put out, it looks to me as though some people may pay "about" $500-. Quite frankly, I never expected to get that price because I am not willing to consent to the necessary conditions. However, the cost of the phone has never been a good indicator of the total cost of ownership and use of cellular service. That is why I pay what I have to pay.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The discounts that the service providers have given for new subscribers and long contracts are just that; they only promise to get worse under Number Portability.
    Originally posted by Phoneguy
    Can anyone confirm that:

1. If you're new to Sprint, and
    2. If this is your first Treo product

the Treo Central offer is the best price you can get?

If that can be confirmed I'd like to support Treo Central - - it's been a great source of info.

Thanks!
    I too would like to support TreoCentral.

Count me on this as well. The preview provided the questions I neded answered on the phone itself. As a potential new customer who doesn't care about LNP:

How much?
    When can I get one?
    Wher do I sign?
    Is there any way we could get a list of current sprint customers that are willing to extend their contract for two years on exchage for a discount. If we got 50 or better still 100 people to extend a contact all at once they might at least listen to us. Is there anyone on the board with any sprint contacts that might be able to pull this off?
    So, it's Sunday night now and I'm waiting for the T600 to become available on Treo Central! Sounds as if it will be tough to get one tomorrow AM, so this would be the most assured way of getting one, even without the discount for current T300 owners.

Come on, Marcus! Liberate us from this anxiety! Please!
    Originally posted by marcus
    Here is a sneak peak at what is coming later this weekend!

Anybody know what time "late weekend" begins?

PKPaul

PS I'm in the Eastern Daylight Time zone :-)
    C'on Marcus -- It's getting dark where I am!

Just give me the terms and I'm signed up!
    C'on Marcus -- It's getting dark where I am!

Just give me the terms and I'm signed up!
    Me, too! I don't have a Treo yet (I'm currently using a Sidekick), so I'm ready to take advantage of the discount and sign up now!!
    Originally posted by marcus
    Current Treo 300 owners best bet will be to go with Handspring's upgrade program.
    Does this mean that current Treo 270/180 owners will not be offered a trade-up deal to the Sprint Treo 600? Any inside info here?
    Originally posted by septimus

Does this mean that current Treo 270/180 owners will not be offered a trade-up deal to the Sprint Treo 600? Any inside info here?
    Well assuming you'd be new to Sprint then you'll be getting the greatest deal.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Well assuming you'd be new to Sprint then you'll be getting the greatest deal.
    Well, Handspring is offering a trade-up deal to current Treo (300/270??/180??) users in addition to what Sprint is offering. Said deal would, according to marcus, probably be the best bet for "current Treo 300 owners." What about current Treo 270 owners?

Sigh, I know that this will all get shaken out in a couple of weeks, but it's tough now. I just want Handspring to let us know what they're going to offer.
    We are running a little late. Just got the new Sprint plans that goes in effect tomorrow. Will be online around 3-4am or so.

Units will start shipping around Thursday.

Marcus
    units will start shipping Thursday to the customer "us"? or to you. and if Thursday will you be offering FedEx if we want one by the weekend?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    When will sign-up, payment, confirmation, etc. be up?
    When will sign-up, payment, confirmation, etc. be up?
    2 post above yours he said:

"We are running a little late. Just got the new Sprint plans that goes in effect tomorrow. Will be online around 3-4am or so.

Units will start shipping around Thursday.

Marcus"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Got it! Thanks. Just got back online and I didn't make the connection.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast