1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I am returning to the Palm world from PocketPC....I always liked Agendus (or whatever it was called before).

Will it work on the Treo 600 with Palm 5.0? Any issues?

Will it take advantage of the 5-way button?

Will it let you dial from the contact list and take advantage of the phone/sms features? Maybe some current Treo owners know.
    I have asked the developers (Iambic) the same question and they said it will work... Now whether the app is ideally suited (e.g., optimized) for OS5 Treos is a different story, but I'm sure we'll soon see.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    It works just fine in OS5 on both my fomer TT and NX60. I also don't see how they couldn't have palm 160x160 in there since it is still in use and they make a app fits all approach.
    It works, but there is no support for the directional pad and the calendar day numbers are all messed up on mine.
    Mine too, as if the fonts too big.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    The fonts in Action Names 5.22 look fine to me.

No full D-pad support tho', but up/down works
    Agendus works ok on my t6, but I can't change the calendar button to agendus. It will let me make it anything else, and agendus shows up as a choice to change the button to, but once I assign it, it remains whatever it was before. Any ideas? Also, I tried assigning it to a different button, same result.

Yes the calendar numbers are a little large in the quarterly view, but acceptable.

Mike
    I downloaded the latest trial version to try out and I don't care much for it.

I have used Agendus on my stylus based 6035 for over a year and it works great. But now that the 600 is basically stylus free I find it a little frustrating.

The Dpad works to move the cursor around, but it only scrolls in certain views and it doesn't change days, fields or views in any mode unless you use the stylus.

I also want a date book that lets me dial a contact directly from the scheduler. For example, I am a roving computer tech type person and when I am running late to my 4:00 with Mr. Brown, I want to be able to select the appointment and click "Dial Contact". The way it is set up now takes about three steps to dial a contact, that is to much to do while I am driving.

I posted some of this on a different thread, but this thread seems better. I apologize for the duplicate posts, for those who read everything on here.
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Agendus 7.0 will support Treo 600. I found this on the iambic agendus forums.

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...efab06310862b1

Any suggestions for features can be posted on their forums which they they seem to monitor closely.
    Will Agendus allow you to NOT use the native contacts dates etc....

I use KeySuite and STILl have to sync both the regular and keywuite contacts since so many apps just go for the main contact manager... and I need all the fields sync'd

If anyone is using it and can let me know more about the Agendus as a total default replacement for the native apps please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Will Agendus allow you to NOT use the native contacts dates etc....

I use KeySuite and STILl have to sync both the regular and keywuite contacts since so many apps just go for the main contact manager... and I need all the fields sync'd

If anyone is using it and can let me know more about the Agendus as a total default replacement for the native apps please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike - Agendus uses the default databases so in actuality, while it can be a complete replacement, you can still use the built-in datebook (although why would you)? It doesn't require ay special conduits so you just sync the normal way. The benefit is obviously memory savings...

Hope this helps!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Mike - Agendus uses the default databases so in actuality, while it can be a complete replacement, you can still use the built-in datebook (although why would you)? It doesn't require ay special conduits so you just sync the normal way. The benefit is obviously memory savings...

Hope this helps!

L
    I don't want to use the nromal datebook and contacts... I just want to be able to when a progream (such as SMS) wants to look something up in contacts, it can find them.. if I deleted the main database file and just use KeySuite, it does NOT because the KeySuite database is totally different.

So What you are saying is with Agendus, it will use the regular database and things will still be able to acces sit when needed is that right?

Also how many fields does agendus sync for contacts and calendar? That is the reason I went with KeySuite in the first place.. because I need to be able to sync ALL the fields.

Thanks!

Mike