1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the 600 supports web clipping? I love the DA (Directory Assistance) application and would like to continue using it...

Any assistance appreciated.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    no it doesnt, but there are posts about web clippings on the treo,in one particular thread it has a set of files, download and install those files, and it should work.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    None of the Web Clipping libraries I've tried have worked in an OS 5.x simulator. I've tried all available ones. Perhaps DA could be ported to not using INetLib, and then launching Blazer for mapquest instead.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    no it doesnt, but there are posts about web clippings on the treo,in one particular thread it has a set of files, download and install those files, and it should work.
    Big boo boo. May delay my switch to 600. Not ready to give up my web clips. Probably means that synching the 600 to my existing configuration will crash it. I have already gone through this when I switched from Palm V/Omnisky to the Treo 270. Tens of hours of grief.
    Last August I was at a Sprint developers conference in Vegas, and I showed the DA web clip app to a bunch of Handspring folks - they thought it was really cool. 'Course, that won't save us now. rlwhitt - anything? Any hope? Maybe some other port?
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Last August I was at a Sprint developers conference in Vegas, and I showed the DA web clip app to a bunch of Handspring folks - they thought it was really cool. 'Course, that won't save us now. rlwhitt - anything? Any hope? Maybe some other port?
    I just recently discovered DA. It is one of those that I am not ready to give up. Just goes to show that Palm and HS are not yet PalmOne. It suggests that HS designers are working in an ivory tower somewhere.

There is some hope that the guy who did the first two ports will do another. We should all chip in buy him one. However, that does not solve the problem of how we port our current systems to the 600. It just adds one more layer of uncertainty to what is already an uncertain situation. I am really depressed but it does solve my problem of what to do with my 270.
    Here's a cool thing - Rick who developed DA said he was working on a solution for T600 and might be available after 1st of year (2004) -- Good thing, as my T600 is on the way and this is the MOST valuable extra app I have!

Just FYI,.
    Charliec