1.    #1  
    from tyler v. of ecare

"every new device to be launched goes under the pre-launch test. only after the pre-lunch test is successful, that the device is launched in the market. therefore we cannot provide you the exact date ir even assure you of the launch of the treo 600."

i just emailed them back about when it will go through the pre-launch and on average how long it takes for a device like that to go through pre-launch. this maybe why sprint was keeping it a secret, they did not know if it was even going to be released to the US, i guess somehow information leaked, and they rolled off that with mission possible, so it will be a tragedy in business specs if sprint can't get it on the market in the US. lets wait and hope.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I'm sure it's gone through a prelaunch test long ago. Why else do people have boxes of them shipped to sell next week?

That response from ecare sounded like a default answer to these types of questions. He could had just said "I don't know".
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Yeah, sorry, no dice. I just saw 40 of the damn things sitting in the office.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  4.    #4  
    well thats the email i got these sprint people really **** me off sometimes.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Yeah, sorry, no dice. I just saw 40 of the damn things sitting in the office.
    Boy, oh boy, you could have really taken care of your buddies!

Any thoughts of sending Minion to the office tonight?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Unfortunately "the Office" as it is often referred to is a maximum security holding facility for this type of product. While Doom could easily break into this joke Doom is the only person capable of such a feat. Everyone at "the Office" is well aware of this and would make Doom's...other...endeavors quite difficult.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    heh - LOVE the third person reference. I need to do that more often - or, rather - nrosser needs to do that more often.
    To "the Office," take me.

Do or do not. There is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by itsyvonne
    hey, before you give up, go to a sprint store or call sprint customer care. I bought my 1st treo @ BB with NO warranty. 7 mos later my hinge broke and Sprint cust care replaced it w/a new one for free because the hinge problem is considered a defect in the design. Another 6 months later my second treo's hinge broke, and I took it to a Sprint store and they replaced it w/a refurb for no charge. I inquired about getting a tro600 as a replacement, but I would've had to pay the diff in price, plus I couldn't wait.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They said that all you would have to do is pay the diff?

Hmmmm .... let me see ... my hinge seems to be breaking ....

Hello, Sprint? This is my Treo 300 and the hinge has broken, a noted design defect. I would like it replaced since it is under warranty.

I would prefer the Treo 600 please, as my replacement. I would have to pay the difference between it and the cost of a Treo 300?

Fine ... Treo 300 is $399 and Treo 600 is $599 -- I'll pay the $200 bucks and then get my $100 (we hope) rebate from Handspring. Net cost = $100.

Thank you and see you next year for the next version of the Treo!!!