1.    #1  
    We'll I owe you guys an apology. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was wrong about the delay of the Treo 600 for Sprint.

One of my sources Monday told me the Treo 600's were being delayed to end of November/begining of December. He was wrong. I just got confirmation our Treo 600 order was shipping from Sprint today and we should have them "early next week" so we put "due 10/8" on our site. We'll start shipping them out the day we get them.

The other information I posted was accurate. The SRP is $599.99.

The rebates for new lines of service (a new customer or a new line being added to an existing account) should be be $100 for a 1 year agreement and $150 for a 2 year agreement. I say "should be" because that is what's documented but it says it could still be changed before launch. These are service credits put on your account if you purchase thru Sprint or a BSP dealer like us. They will be mail-in rebates if you purchase at a retail store.

There is no Sprint rebate for existing customer replacing a phone keeping the same number. There's only a rebate if you're adding a new line of service.

I do not know anything about any rebates Handspring will be offering. When the Treo 300 came out, Handspring was offering a rebate if you sent them your old Handspring or Palm device.

And for the last time (hopefully):

We do not make money selling the phone at SRP. We do not get the phones for $100 below SRP like some people have said.

We make our money on a commission from Sprint. Sprint only pays us a commission for activations of new lines of service. They do not pay us anything if you are simply replacing a phone keeping the same number.

I hope this clears things up.

And finally, I'm being swamped with private messages. Please contact me through our contact page at http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/contact.asp We have a live chat button where we can answer your questions real-time. Or simply post your question as a reply here where everyone can read the answers.

And for the gripers, PLEASE start another thread if you want to gripe. I'd really like to help those with real questions.

Larry
    Gri...another thread? Oh fine. (Just kidding, Larry)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3.    #3  
    The other threads go to long with allthe griping. I was afraid people who were really interested would miss it. If they're shipping to us today, they are most likely shipping to other dealers as well as Sprint stores.

Larry
    Thanks Larry, I appreciate the information!
    In the fast pace world we live in today information is correct for that blink in time. Larry did what he felt was right, with the info that was accurate at that time. For all we know some junior executive put the world out and got creamed later.

Larry keep up the good word. I am not SPCS customer, looking to be one. Can a phone be ordered for a new customer with the 1YR discount so I can turn it on in NY with a local #?

If we don't like the message, don't shoot the messanger, shoot the author of it instead.
    Thanks, Larry.

Hopefully you got it right this time!
  7.    #7  
    Can a phone be ordered for a new customer with the 1YR discount so I can turn it on in NY with a local #?
    You would need to order the phone and service thru us. We specifiy the your zip on the activation form and Sprint assigns a local number within that zip code.

Larry
    Again, MODERATORS - PLEASE MOVE THIS POST TO THE MARKETPLACE SECTION!

This person is trying to make money by posting freely off of TreoCentral.
  9.    #9  
    I simply answered his question. He asked if he could buy one and get a local number where he lives. The answer is yes. How is that advertising? It's true no matter where you buy it. Maybe someone else had the same questions and now doesn't ask.

My original post isn't an ad at all. I posted Sprint has shipped our order so they are probably shipping to other resellers and retail stores today too.

IT also has the final price.

The rebates I posted are valid at all Sprint stores and resellers. I don't use them to try and get sales from this post.

Go read the original post. THE POST IS INFORMATION! It's not that difficult to determine information from an ad. It's information alot of people want.

Geez.
    Larry
    Give me a break. I am not a SPCS customer, can't get a good answer out of anyone and I asked the question. Sorry but what a waste it would be to go into the marketplace and ask a question that someon in the T600 section would want to know as well.
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    We'll I owe you guys an apology. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was wrong about the delay of the Treo 600 for Sprint.

we should have them "early next week"
    so we put "due 10/8" on our site. We'll start shipping them out the day we get them.

The SRP is $599.99.

The rebates for new lines of service (a new customer or a new line being added to an existing account) should be be $100 for a 1 year agreement and $150 for a 2 year agreement. I say "should be" because that is what's documented but it says it could still be changed before launch. These are service credits put on your account if you purchase thru Sprint or a BSP dealer like us. They will be mail-in rebates if you purchase at a retail store.

We make our money on a commission from Sprint. Sprint only pays us a commission for activations of new lines of service.

Please contact me through our contact page at http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/contact.asp We have a live chat button where we can answer your questions real-time. Or simply post your question as a reply here where everyone can read the answers.

Larry [/B]

I WAS referring to the original thread. Other than the 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" it talks about purchasing through his website and how to contact him.
  12.    #12  
    Read the original post again AND my reply right before your last post. I do not talk about buying it from me. The price and rebates are available every where. I state Sprint and other stores. I don't say "my store". And I put the contact info in there because so manny people were PM'ing me I couldn't keep up with them.

Obviously you have something up your xxxx. It an informational post.

READ IT AGAIN!
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Again, MODERATORS - PLEASE MOVE THIS POST TO THE MARKETPLACE SECTION!

don't have to read long to figure that out.
    I for one accept your apology Larry, Thanks.
    Oh God! He's ansering questions! Stop him! Why don't you go be a "Thread Nazi" somewhere else? The moderators here know what they're doing. Kurt and company DO NOT need your help.
    Larry,

What defines a "corporate" account? If you are on Sprint through a plan at your work, are you then a "corporate" account or just a "business" account? Are they one in the same???

Thanks!
    Matt
    like others i stopped by my local SprintPCS store today and the guy told me that they wouldn't have them until Nov.

Is this a typical uninformed clerk or will some smaller stores not receive them until a Nov timeframe?
    I know its not a big conspiracy but they do a really good job of hiring people who either don't have a clue or are too poor to buy one.

Come on Sprint your selling it to corp customers, some remote cities are getting them in. Heck I bet the Circle K stores have them by now. Bill, Ted, Rufus anyone.
  19.    #19  
    What defines a "corporate" account? If you are on Sprint through a plan at your work, are you then a "corporate" account or just a "business" account? Are they one in the same???
    A corporate account is an account set up in a company's name, billed to the company's address. and set up using the company's federal tax id.

A consumer or individual account is set up in a person's name, billed to their home address (usually), and set up using their social security number.

Basically it's a corporate account if set up under a federal tax id and a consumer/individual account is set up under a social security number.

If you're company has a corporate account or emplyee discount agreement, then you are eligible for whatever the discount in the agreement is for the company.

Larry
    VzW is pretty much like that too with B2B customers. I got the corp discount even though its on personal phones.