Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Care helping several customers with a knowledgeable rep. At the end I asked if the Treo 600 was available to order. She said no at first but then spoke to someone, came back and said YES, they were available.

If she was right, I'll know by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Customer Care? Where? HS or Sprint or TM?
    How much was it? And do they just bill it to your regular monthly bill or did you provide a credit card?
    Originally posted by TAllenKCC
    Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Care helping several customers with a knowledgeable rep.
    huh??
    Just tried Sprint Telesales (888-253-1315) and was told that they aren't offering the Treo 600 yet and the only way someone had already ordered a Treo was if it was a 300.

sigh....
  6.    #6  
    Sorry, didn't mean to be vague.

Sprint PCS Customer Care (877-636-6804). I didn't ask about the price or any rebates or upgrades. Just excited to have one ordered.
    You paid for one without knowing the price?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I just called the number you listed and the department was international roaming and he had no additional information that what we have all heard so far....."coming soon".

Maybe you had a better experience than I.

And when I talked with *2, earlier today....the guy felt the best chance for a new product was at the stores....not only the phone...

so its back to waiting in line on Monday morning guys..

I am assuming we are all guy....no woman would be as mindlessly directed as us, guys.
  9.    #9  
    I expect the price to be $599.99 since it is an upgrade. It is being billed to the account. My company pays for it. Plus, I have a customer willing to buy my Treo 300.

I'm on the phone now with 877-636-6804 and now this guy says no. I'm hoping that the first person I spoke to is right and that she just dug deeper.

I know that sometimes calls get routed to the wrong place which might explain the international roaming.

I'll keep trying and if I get another person that says yes, I'll ask for their e-mail.
    Called Customer Care, was told I could pre-order a Treo 600 (Yay!) but was then I was told I couldn't because I didn't have an existing Sprint account (Noo!).

Was given a 800-480-4727 number, told them I wanted to order a Treo 600, was told no problem (yay!) but was then told they had made a mistake, they can only sell Treo 300's (Noo!).

Transferred me to 888-233-3538 (business sales), asked to order a Treo 600, was told they couldn't do that (NOOOO!). I told him that Customer Care was allowing customers to pre-order, but he stuck to his story that he couldn't do that because it wasn't in the system.

Not fun.
    When I called Cingular to get a message posted to my account gioving me a discount even though I'm not up for an upgrade yet, I just told the CSR VERY NICELY, that I was going to get one no matter what, and that I spend $200/mo w/ Cingular and I want the discount OR I'LL GO TO SPRINT and take my ph number with me in NOVEMBER.

You have to be nice, and get them on your side, and say you don't want to leave,,,,but!

I had NO PROBLEM getting the discount approved (I later went to a Cingular store to have them check that the message was really there.)

I do not think ANY EXISTING CUSTOMER will fail to get the discount if you invoke the November number portability threat of jumping ship.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    I won't be taking my VzW number with me since my contract is up in May 04 and I am not paying $150 to cancel each phone and pay the number portability fee they will be charging, whatever it is.
    Originally posted by rosshoney
    Called Customer Care, was told I could pre-order a Treo 600 (Yay!) but was then I was told I couldn't because I didn't have an existing Sprint account (Noo!).

Was given a 800-480-4727 number, told them I wanted to order a Treo 600, was told no problem (yay!) but was then told they had made a mistake, they can only sell Treo 300's (Noo!).

Transferred me to 888-233-3538 (business sales), asked to order a Treo 600, was told they couldn't do that (NOOOO!). I told him that Customer Care was allowing customers to pre-order, but he stuck to his story that he couldn't do that because it wasn't in the system.

Not fun.
    When I called, I was told that they wouldn't be available until December or January, but they could take down my name if I wanted. Anybody have a name that I can talk to?
  14.    #14  
    I called back to make sure my order was in the system and the rep said it was placed through ASR and not PBS.

Not sure if it will help anyone but wanted to pass that along.
    Originally posted by Architect
    When I called Cingular to get a message posted to my account gioving me a discount even though I'm not up for an upgrade yet...
    Hmmm. Does this Cingular discount for the equiptment upgrade (once a year, right?) oblige the customer to enter into a new service agreement for a specific amount of time (one or two years, for example)?
    I called telesales and they said available to order on Monday. with price of $599?!!!!!! good god went up $200!!! Anyway, they didn't know if that meant if they would be instores then. But you must call telesales. Any other department prolly doesn't know about them. Get number from *2... good luck all!!
    If the updated numbers are correct and they appear to be. Then the $599 price is a telesales price. The $100-150 discounts are phyical in store only. This is most likely to force us to buy out the local inventory so they have product turning everywhere and not just with CS.
    Yes, in my case I had to go for a new agreement - Primarily because Houston has been a TDMA market for Cingular until VERRY recently - so I have to get on a new GSM plan for the treo. Please note, that changing plans on ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR MONTHLY BILLING DATE will casuse you to incur HUGE PRORATED CHARGES (per my CSR)
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Ben in NYC
    so its back to waiting in line on Monday morning guys..

I am assuming we are all guy....no woman would be as mindlessly directed as us, guys. [/B]

Being adult AND FEMALE, I am not flaming you, but I want one of these gizmos pretty bad and read this board almost every day. Just thought you'd like to know...
    ~Jan
    I spoke with Sherrie and after a 30 sec pause she said yes you can place an order for one. they are $599. My computer shows to have 2000 of them available.

No rebate to drop it down to $400. so I'll wait until it gets to the store level.

I'll buy it then. Alot of people are saying they are passing on it and getting a T3 and a T608!

I wondering why.. having to carry two things around suck. I love that fact I only need one gadget for both tasks!
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast