Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if the rumor is true that Sprint is going to force the Treo 600 into the most expensive Vision Pack that pays an extra $15 for increased data use?

macfan
    The doco I have (received later 10/2), and the new plans coming out soon, show the $30 Vision plan only for the Hitachi G1000 & Toshiba 2032. It says it's $15 for the phones and smartphones.

Larry
    I think the main reason vision for PPC are priced higher than PalmOS devices is the way ThunderHawk PPC browser works combined with the higher bandwidth required for downloading attachments and VPN access associated with that platform...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    and VPN access associated with that platform...
    I would kill for the functionality of PPC terminal services client on a palm. I live off remote desktop on my XP pro box. $100 dollars if someone will code a remote desktop client that uses terminal services that will run on palm !

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    Daftgem: Why not just use VNC? In many ways it's better than Remote Desktop. One way is that their's a Palm client.
    Originally posted by jinevill
    Daftgem: Why not just use VNC? In many ways it's better than Remote Desktop. One way is that their's a Palm client.
    Or even better, use WinHand at www.win-hand.com

It's not free, but dang fast and usefull on my slow Visor Deluxe with a modem. The corporate version will even go through firewalls.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

Or even better, use WinHand at www.win-hand.com

It's not free, but dang fast and usefull on my slow Visor Deluxe with a modem. The corporate version will even go through firewalls.
    How well does it work for you? Can you contrats it to a TS client? I have played with palm vnc. I may have to look into that a bit more.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    Well, in addition to VNC and Winhand, there is:

Mergic VPN
    Movian
    Mocha Telnet
    Topgun ssh
    Tu ssh
    Smbmate: SMB/CIFS-over-TCP/IP client
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/03/2003 at 01:06 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. jdk
    My sales person insisted that I get the professional ($30 instead of $15). Tech support had to go check to see if it is required and said they would remove it, but the Sprint Business Connection service would not be available without the more expensive plan.

:menu: d
    Originally posted by jdk
    My sales person insisted that I get the professional ($30 instead of $15). Tech support had to go check to see if it is required and said they would remove it, but the Sprint Business Connection service would not be available without the more expensive plan.

:menu: d
    That's only for PPC devices. As said before, due to the fast processers and the amount of data they can go through, Sprint makes you get the Professional Pack along with another one for $30 total. However Palm devices including the Treo 600 are not subject to this. If anyone doubts this, direct them to Sprint's website that lists all the plans where it specifically says:

"Additional $15/month for PCS Vision Smart Devices that use the Microsoft Pocket PC Operating System."
    http://www.ddhsoftware.com/mobile_ts.html

Check that out... MobileTS is a terminal services client for the palm.

- Mike