Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Yup, I have a massive spreadsheet as well!

Came to same conclusion that mobileshop.com 200 is cheapest overall, but that's if you don't use the phone trade-in and refer-a-friend discount on Orange.

Then again Orange prices might change, and they may take 2 weeks!

I guess I will go for the 50pm on mobilehop for the extra 20 as I guess I will be busy surfing on my new Treo!

Does Orange still allow data calls (non-GPRS) to come out of your free minutes?
    Originally posted by CyrilW
    Does Orange still allow data calls (non-GPRS) to come out of your free minutes?
    As someone who has never used data calls through Orange before (unless WAP counts), I am interested to learn that this is something they used to do, and would also be interested to learn if this is still the case. Also, if you have free minutes, and a GPRS package, which would be used first in such circumstances?

Finally, after hearing from our American Friends for the last week about how wonderful the 600 is, let's try and give them a dose of their own medicine, and keep this thread at the top.
    Originally posted by kmwmtd

Finally, after hearing from our American Friends for the last week about how wonderful the 600 is, let's try and give them a dose of their own medicine, and keep this thread at the top.
    ! i cant wait

Results

We expect to deliver your item before 12:00 on 14/10/03. Your item with reference SC3266868--GB is currently progressing through our network.
    No! non GPRS data calls, even to non 0845 dial-ups, are charged per minute at the prevailing rate and cannot be taken out of your 200 minutes.
    GPRS Data (and i'm not refering to GPRS WAP) needs to be enabled and is chargeable as pay as you use at 3 per Mb or you can buy a GPRS data bundle. see the orange site for details etc.
    You MAY be able to access sites through the orange WAP portal and these may be taken care of within your WAP access pack (possibly).

currently running..........a bath
    I'm confused - why is it any different to Orange whether I call my dialup number using my 200 mins or whether I call a friend. Can they even tell the difference?

Certainly on O2 - i just used my free mins to call my ISP.

Can't see anything on the website...
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    I'm confused - why is it any different to Orange whether I call my dialup number using my 200 mins or whether I call a friend. Can they even tell the difference?

Certainly on O2 - i just used my free mins to call my ISP.

Can't see anything on the website...
    perhaps data takes up more bandwith on thier network? they can tell the diffrence if it is a data call... for a few pounds you can get a few MB gprs bundle
    Yes they can tell the difference! on my 7650 I originally used it to call 0845 dial up and was billed accordingly. I then tried to get round this by using the non 0845 dial up number that some isp's will provide you if you ask nicely (or look hard enough). this too was billed in addition to my allotted minutes. It was logged as a Data Call.

currently running.....................a nuclear power station..eak!
    Since you don't get data calls free...
    just ordered the 30/month deal on Mobileshop.com - they said 3 days....
    Thought a bit of info on the new Orange GPRS packages might help to soften the blow (dial up charges):

GPRS:

Inclusive Data--------Price-----------Out of Bundle Price
    3mb.........................4.........................3
    7mb.........................8.........................2
    15mb.......................14.......................1.50
    30mb.......................28.......................1.18
    Unlimited Buffet........52.........................N/A

"Orange World" Access Promo 3
    3mb GPRS
    10 SMS
    20 MMS = 4

"Orange World" Access Promo 5
    5mb GPRS
    10 SMS
    20 MMS
    5 Video Messages = 6

These come into effect on the 3rd November, you will need to request migration from your current GPRS plan as they won't do it automatically. Rumour has it that there are new tariffs on the way too...
    lucky none of the last ten or so threads have been moved by the moderator. Do you reckon he's gone for a nap?

currently running............................for some wood to touch
    Hi,

Just used the 'live person' help on the mobileshop.com website and they've said "MShop: They were due in today but have been delayed possibly tomorrow".

So we'll see. I still need to figure out if i'm better off on Orange than 02 (Singlepoint - aaaaaaaagh, they want 20 quid for my PAC number).

I went to Leadenhall Market (London) Orange shop and they said Friday, and also that I can get 50 quid if a friend recommends me and also 50 quid for my phone, and that the phone would be 200. So I figure that means 100 quid. But then someone said on a newsgroup the 50 quid trade-in finished in September so we'll see.....

Regards,

Paul
    how many other mobileshop customers are feeling let down by the non arrival of stock? surely they all came from the same supplier? or did MS opt for 3day delivery when stock got shipped out to them? ("shipped"? think reading too many US posts is beginning to color my judgement)

running............................man
    yes is the short answer.

in fact the lack of coherent information on the release by Orange has been fustrating from start to finish.

now we know one internet retailer is dispatching (not shipping you notice) it is even more fustrating that mobileshop is advising of yet another delay (especially whilst declairing that units are in stock on their web site).

Lets hope they do 'deliver' tomorrow and we get our treos on Thursday.
    Was everyone else told by mobilshop that the Treos were actually in stock? I was.

Globalmob jealousy....
    SMALLTALK.CO.UK ARE NOT RIP OFFS LIKE GLOB-MOB AND THEY SHIPPED YESTERDAY AND THEY HAVE MORE IN STOCK TODAY, I JUST RECEIVED MINE ! ITS ABIT HEAVY, AND THE KEYBOARD TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO GET USED TO. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE TO ITS SIZE
    mobileshop update.

Apparently they're based in doncaster. The delivery driver needed to collect some cloggs and pit ponies on the way but shouldn't be delayed too much as the treo shouldn't distract him too much (they're still seeing in black and white up there).
    I've cancelled at mobilshop and ordered through smalltalk.
    Extra 20 - but they do next day delivery and don't tell porkies about their stock. Wish I'd gone there first!

Hopefully will have it tomorrow morning...
    The graffiti anywhere hack works like a charim on my treo 600, i am using full blown graffiti on my super cool treo 600 from orange and btw GSM/GPRS rocks! AND IT IS FREEWARE !!!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...anywhere.shtml
    Guys what extra goodies did you get with the package?

32MB SD card?

Extra case, headphone adapter, cradle, car charger etc...?

Mobileshop.com said they would give me a free Nokia Case and car charger (for my sister) as they don't have the Treo 600 ones in yet.

Was almost tempted to pay the extra 40 for smalltalk.co.uk, but I don't think they give any extra freebies compared to mobileshop.
    mobileshop have just told me they will be recieving them tomorrow but might not be able to send them out until thursday.