Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    To be honest, I've long since given up trusting any dates announced anywhere for the UK. When the phone was 'released' - I wonder exactly what they meant by that? - it seemed that the UK and Europe would be getting the 600 before the US. Here we are a week after people in the US have received their 600s, and we are still getting dates which are not met, and there is still no definitive announcement from Handspring or Orange on when they will be available - the Handspring UK website says they are now avaialble to buy from Orange, with a link taking you to the Orange UK website, which still says "coming soon" - no dates or prices.

It is starting to annoy me how uninformed they are keeping us, and I am rapidly approaching the point at which I will abandon the whole idea, and look for a different solution - end of next week is my self-imposed deadline!
    Last edited by kmwmtd; 10/13/2003 at 06:00 AM.
    Hi

I am specifically interested in using the phone on Vodafone. Any ideas anyone as to when SIM-free or Vodafone stock will be around?

Steve
    Steve,

Look here: shopblt . It is an American reseller but they accept credit cards and shippings to europe. Although they are not as cheap as handspring USA (they sell unlocked GSM/GPRS T600 for failry 550EUR) , they are still far cheaper than TREOSTORE 899EUR joke.

I have ordered mine there and will post as soon as I recieve it.
    guys - directmobilephones.com have it in stock and cheap !
    Just called - they said they expected it today - but don't have it.

What prices did they quote you?
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    Just called - they said they expected it today - but don't have it.

What prices did they quote you?
    20 pound for 400 minutes, the lady called ellie claimed it was in stock and it says it on thier website also, anyhow they have 14 day price promise so im going to claim my 20quid back. i am calling them again to reconfirm stock
    I just spoke to them again, the lady swore shes just been outside to check and the delivery of treo 600 has arrived ! yay
    mobileshop say they have been told to expect their Orange delivery of Treos tomorrow (tuesday), therefore, they have changed their website to "availability status: In Stock" (slightly premature).

this means delivery to the end consumer will be on Wednesday or Thursday depending on when Orange get the delivery to them.
    Stock was delivered across the UK over the weekend. Deliveries to most reatilers have occured, the handsets then need to be tied with retailer codes and checked off so you may not see them register as "in stock" on most websites until tomorrow. They are being handled by courier companies so some may still get stock today.

www.Mobileshop.com has them in stock and ready to go, with prices starting from free on the Your Plan 400 tariff.

Orange Direct also have them although their website claims they are coming soon. Don't forget that buying from them direct gives you 12 months free GPRS WAP and up to 500 free SMS messages per month for 12 months although you can expect to pay slightly more for the handset.

Upgrade prices will start at 299 (fixed) but there may be room for negotiation for users with a high monthly spend.
    Last edited by omar_g; 10/13/2003 at 07:19 AM.
    Originally posted by omar_g
    Don't forget that buying from them direct gives you 12 months free GPRS WAP
    Its free WAP, not GPRS
    wrong!

its free WAP over GPRS.

GPRS data services (ie POP3 email and tinternet) are charged per megabyte of data sent/received.
    It is free WAP over GPRS using the WAP access point. GPRS using the "orangeinternet" APN is chargable. I am 110% certian of this.
    ngarland got there before me!
    sorry guys
    Just been into Orange shop in sheffield and the guy there says that the phone is not out for another 2 weeks due to orange software not communicating with the handspring software correctly.

He said he had seen one the other day and it was constantly crashing!

Great, anyways lets hope the phones that mobileshop are shipping are working as thats who my order is with.

Chris
    Originally posted by regul8
    Just been into Orange shop in sheffield and the guy there says that the phone is not out for another 2 weeks due to orange software not communicating with the handspring software correctly.

He said he had seen one the other day and it was constantly crashing!

Great, anyways lets hope the phones that mobileshop are shipping are working as thats who my order is with.

Chris
    i wouldnt take mr sheffields word for it, how would he see one at this stage in development that is constantly crashing because of the orange network ? lol
    I called a couple of stores in Oxfordshire, and they are expecting delivery in 2 to 3 weeks
    Mind you all of the stores on Oxford Street say they will have em in on wednesday.
    Originally posted by treo600mad

i wouldnt take mr sheffields word for it, how would he see one at this stage in development that is constantly crashing because of the orange network ? lol
    I was merely posting what he said to me, i hope he was wrong as i cant wait for my treo!

Chris
    Originally posted by regul8

I was merely posting what he said to me, i hope he was wrong as i cant wait for my treo!

Chris
    did not mean to have a go at you but at the sheffield orange guy
    i have just got my sim update and its working fine. no problems yet.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast