View Poll Results: How will you carry your Treo 600?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • In my pocket with no case

50 33.56%
  • In the slip case that comes with it

18 12.08%
  • In a plastic holster on my belt

22 14.77%
  • In a see-through case on my belt (operate it while it's in the case)

12 8.05%
  • In a leather "pouch" case either virtically or horizontally on my belt

42 28.19%
  • Other (post an explaination!)

5 3.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    OK Treo 600 infatuated gang, here is an exclusive for you. That case that WeeBitObsessed will be using and others want is a Handspring subcontracted item. It is made by Superior Communications for Handspring and their associated wireless carriers. It will eventually be passed down to third party retailers. I just got off of the phone with Superior Communications headquarters and they said because it is a new item they have only supplied Cingular with it so far. Cingular has 2000 cases in stock. You can order one from them and have it U.P.S.ed to your house. Their phone number is (888) 447-7474 and the item number is 02119. And before anyone asks, yes it has a blt clip. I know from past experience that this is probably the case you want. I had my Treo 300 in a similar, but larger, case made by Belkin, when I accidentally left it on top of the car and it went flying off at 55 m.p.h. My Treo 300 survived that accident without a scratch.

macfan
    With the onset of winter here in Chicago, I'll probably be carrying my Treo 600 in the same place I've always carried my PDA's going all the way back to my Palm III which was my first PDA. I'll be carrying it in the inner pocket of my jacket or coat. Once I'm indoors, I'll probably either carry it in cargo pants or in the same Brookstone cell phone case that I use for my 270.
    Originally posted by macfan
    OK Treo 600 infatuated gang, here is an exclusive for you. That case that WeeBitObsessed will be using and others want is a Handspring subcontracted item. It is made by Superior Communications for Handspring and their associated wireless carriers. It will eventually be passed down to third party retailers. I just got off of the phone with Superior Communications headquarters and they said because it is a new item they have only supplied Cingular with it so far. Cingular has 2000 cases in stock. You can order one from them and have it U.P.S.ed to your house. Their phone number is (888) 447-7474 and the item number is 02119. And before anyone asks, yes it has a blt clip. I know from past experience that this is probably the case you want. I had my Treo 300 in a similar, but larger, case made by Belkin, when I accidentally left it on top of the car and it went flying off at 55 m.p.h. My Treo 300 survived that accident without a scratch.

macfan
    OK, when we call Cingular for one of their 2000 cases, what information do we give them so we can identify the case and buy it?
    i like to keep it simple - belt clip with screen protector...then again, i've never dropped $500 for a pda
    Originally posted by Smartphone Fan

OK, when we call Cingular for one of their 2000 cases, what information do we give them so we can identify the case and buy it?
    opps, I should have read the posting closer.... "Their phone number is (888) 447-7474 and the item number is 02119"
    Originally posted by macfan
    Cingular has 2000 cases in stock. You can order one from them and have it U.P.S.ed to your house. Their phone number is (888) 447-7474 and the item number is 02119. And before anyone asks, yes it has a blt clip. I know from past experience that this is probably the case you want. I had my Treo 300 in a similar, but larger, case made by Belkin, when I accidentally left it on top of the car and it went flying off at 55 m.p.h. My Treo 300 survived that accident without a scratch.

macfan [/B]
    I'm not trying to be wise or anything. But do you have a pic of this case or at least your T300 case that is similar. I want a case ready and waiting for my new T600 and I have never owned a Treo.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    PalmMD, it is the exact same case shown in WeeBitObsessed's link at: http://users.rcn.com/mjdavis/Missio...Case%20%231.jpg according to Superior Communications.

macfan
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    If that link doesn't work please go back a few messages and click on the real thing.

macfan
    i have been carrying my Prism around in a obnoxious bright yellow Otter Box that is built for a phone. I got it after my return from Europe, while sight seeing in Paris one fine day, the day the Tour de France finished, it just gave up, without a good box it was banged around too much.

I was already making plans to last until I could a Treo 600 GSM, so, I bought another Prism on eBay.

The Otter Box is NO FASION statement, people think it's a crazy purse. It looks inside out. I don't care. It will fit my Treo, it's got a neoprene lining to cushion and it's good to 100' under water. And it would float.

No more mashed gizmos for me.

This comes with 2 types of belt clips and solid hole for a ring that goes onto my Oklahoma Sooners leash. So, bright yellow box with a bright red leash, keys, flashlight, black eye glass case and lucky charms. You can hear me & see me coming a block away. BUT IT'S SAFE!

~ Jan
    Thanks. That is the case I wanted. The MobilePlanet site mentions fixed clip which is what I want for a horizontal fit. The prices are very reasonable too for all of the accessories. I see an order going to them.

Any chance of a group discount for Treo Central Members?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Does anyone know anything about the slip case that the Treo 600 comes with? Is it a really thin nylon type case? I was thinking I'd just put my Treo in that then put that in my pocket, but I don't know if it will be too bulky.

I'd get a plastic holster, but I'm worried about the paint being scratched off the treo when it keeps going in and out of it. I know with the Treo 300 the paint would scratch off very easily - especially with its holster. I think the screen would be too exposed for a holster also.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    nutsheel with a belt loop, treo fits like a glove looks and wears well. tan and black each. well made and no cheap look.
    It's going in my pocket! I don't need to carry the thing on my belt like some dorky batman utility belt for nerds! UGH!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    It's going in my pocket! I don't need to carry the thing on my belt like some dorky batman utility belt for nerds! UGH!!
    looks great in a pocket there frump.love that" is that a treo or are you just glad to see me"look.

i wear a suit no one see's mine. but i sure hell wouldn't put one in my pocket. i don't even carry change.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/05/2003 at 01:09 AM.
    I carry my Treo 300 in my pants pocket. It's not that noticeable. I don't keep anything else in that pocket (except sometimes a work ID badge), so scratches aren't that big an issue ... but I'd still be nervous about an exposed touchscreen and keyboard, even in that situation.
    I'd like to avoid any sort of holster or case, I've always been a fan of just keeping my phone in my pocket.
    Does anyone know if the 600 will fit in a jeans' front pocket?

Regards,
    Christopher
    Originally posted by grenness
    I'd like to avoid any sort of holster or case, I've always been a fan of just keeping my phone in my pocket.
    Does anyone know if the 600 will fit in a jeans' front pocket?

Regards,
    Christopher
    Thats where I keep mine, front left jeans pocket, fits nicely, no uncomfortable bulge
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wombat2
    I carry my Treo 300 in my pants pocket. It's not that noticeable. I don't keep anything else in that pocket (except sometimes a work ID badge), so scratches aren't that big an issue ... but I'd still be nervous about an exposed touchscreen and keyboard, even in that situation.
    If the slipcase that it comes with is thin enough, then you could just carry the Treo 600 inside the slipcase in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Just got the Treo 600 today (10/8). The slipcase seems OK, but it is a little bulky if you want to put the whole case w/ the treo in it in your pocket. I hope some good aftermarket cases come out soon! I personally like the horizontal leather cases that go on your belt.

I wonder if any case manufacturers are reading any of this?
    Dedicated right pants pocket with screen protector only.
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

-Entrapment(Sean Connery)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast