1.    #1  
    I use my cell phone for business a great deal. My usage per month varies between 2,000 and 3,500 minutes. I love the concept of the Treo 600 and would really like to carry one device in place of the cell phone and PDA I currently have with me all time. However, to make this switch the ďphoneĒ side of the Treo needs to be stellar.

Can anyone comment on the following?

Reception. Itís extremely important to me that my cell phone has great reception. The reception capabilities of cell phones varies greatly and I canít use one that is week in this area.

Volume of earpiece. Sometimes Iím in loud places when I use my phone and I need to be able to hear over surrounding noise.

Call sound quality, on both ends of the call. How does the phone sound when using it and how does it sound to the person on the other end. Again, there is a huge difference in the sound quality between cell phones. Because I use my phone so much it must have good tonal quality.

Comfort. Have you ever had a cell phone that heats up during a long call and nearly burned your ear off? How is the comfort of the 600 when held to your ear for long periods of time?

Speakerphone. Many cell phones have speakerphones but the sound quality is so poor that they are worthless.

Does anyone have information on the above or how in general the 600 performs as a phone?

SERIOUSE
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm going to speak to your questions as a Kyo 6035 user myself, and try to give you some insight about how I use my phone, and that might help you decide. I too, use my phone for business almost 2000 minutes monthly, and at times I have been told that my phone is an extension of my arm.

Since I bought the Kyo about 2 years ago, I have never been sorry about it. Yes, I've gotten the your phone is quite large comment, and the why do you have a brick in your pocket comment as well. However, from a business standpoint, I simply could not live without it. The fact that my entire address book is readily available to me in one device, that I can check my email, that I can have my address book, everything in a single device has been wonderful.

Now, to address your individual comments as best I can - as being someone who is early awaiting the Treo 600, but I have not personally touched one. My comments will be based on what I have read from this board for the most part.

Reception. Itís extremely important to me that my cell phone has great reception. The reception capabilities of cell phones varies greatly and I canít use one that is week in this area.
    Right off the bat, I can tell you that on the CDMA side, the phone will only work in digital mode. No more analog roaming. If this isn't a concern, my guess is that the phone's reception should be more then enough to satisfy. I'm finding that most of the newer 3g CDMA phones are great when it comes to reception. I can't speak to the GSM models because I don't pay attention to them too much - have a Sprint contract, sticking with Sprint kind of thing.

Volume of earpiece. Sometimes Iím in loud places when I use my phone and I need to be able to hear over surrounding noise.
    From what most have said, the earpiece is quite loud, and with the speakerphone built in, I don't think you'll have much of a problem. Again, I don't know for sure as I have not personally heard it.

Rather then going through and prattling through the rest of your message and quoting it, I'll leave it to others who have more hands on experience with the phone then me. Best of luck, and I can tell you that I will gladly post my impressions as a business user as SOON as I get the phone and I'm actively using it.