1.    #1  
    This is something I've never tried, even with my Tungsten C. Will this be possible with the Treo?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    This is possible with the Treo 300; I can't imagine it won't be with the 600
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by cooneyca
    This is possible with the Treo 300; I can't imagine it won't be with the 600
    How do u do it exactly?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    This link should take you to the thread where the "how to" is posted. It's the 3rd message in the thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...less+sync.html
  5.    #5  
    cooooool thanks! Although I just remembered here in the dorms we all have private IPs so that kinda sucks.
    Is everyone else's wireless hotsync extremely slow on their Treo 600? Just signing on takes forever. The only conduit I have active is Inbox to Go, with no attachments, so it should be quick, but it takes almost 10 minutes. Is this normal? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    You even got it to work at all?

I can ping my box at home, and I can telnet into the port from a remote machine and see the sync start, but when I try it from my phone, it constantly times out...
    I checked out the previous thread and it looks quite difficult. Is there an easily implementable solution for wireless synch?

Feedback appreciated?
    Network Hotsync on my 300 works fine, but my 600 won't connect at all. Sprint has no answers. I found one reference on the net stating that Palm flipped two bits in OS 5 when porting it to the ARM processor and therefore Networkk Hotsync cannot work on the 600. Has anyone made this work or could this be possible?
    The only way I got it to work was to set the Primary PC Name setting on my Treo 600 to '!!' (two exclamation points by themselves). On my Visor, I had it set to my actual PC's name, and it worked fine, but for some reason it doesn't work with the 600. I have no idea what the !! stands for, I just read it in another post.

Anyone know the significance of the exclamation marks?
    I just set it up for my 600 and it is working, so the story about "flipping bits" in OS 5 for ARM appears to be bogus. My PC is behind an NAT router, so I had to open both 14237 and 14238 for both TCP and UDP. In addition, I set my "Primary PC" name to !! in Treo hotsync. Don't know if this is necessary, but the person who posted it originally stated that the purpose was to stop Treo hotsync from remapping the PC public IP address to its private NAT address (maybe this remapping happens based on the Netbios computer name; not sure the origin of the "!!" though).

Don't know that I am going to be leaving the network hotsync enabled, though. It appears that there is no security, which makes me nervous, and besides that it is very slow. Still, could be cool under the right circumstances.
    How do you open 14237 and 14238? Do you have to change the primary PC name on the PC as well?

Thanks for an anwer!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    It took me about 3 minutes to set up foillowing the directions posted above and it works very well. It's slower than a USB hotsync but I use it all the time.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Justdoitalex
    How do you open 14237 and 14238? Do you have to change the primary PC name on the PC as well?

Thanks for an anwer!
    Go to your router software and look for the port forwarding tab or option. This is where youc an open up those ports.

I cant recall but I do not think you change the primary pc name on your PC
    Awesome -- I finally got this to work! ...Of course, it wasn't working because I'm a total goddamn moron, but that's nothing new.

Here's the thing for idiots like me:

If you're using a router, don't put the information given by the desktop hotsynch software in your Treo as the IP address for your primary PC. It'll give you an address something like 192.168.1.something (I'm using a LinkSys router) -- this is the address to which you want the router to forward requests on 14237 & 14238 in UDP & TCP. On your Treo, for primary PC information put "!!" as the name and use the WLAN IP address (which you probably typed into your router yourself at some point, if you have a static IP address).

Also, note to self: stop being an *****.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    What the!! It works!! That's silly!! Why should I need 2 !!'s?!!

Thanks for the fix. It is slow as hell, but since I just lost all my contacts on my old phone due to being too lazy to do a hardwired sync, this is a great way to be able to make sure that important stuff doesn't get lost...
    wow... worked the first time... great tips guys...

this never worked on my 300

awesome

-n