Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are a million threads going on, but I want to add one more. I will be (finally) having a hands on demonstration of the Treo 600 tommorow (Friday) by an enterprise custumer who has been using one for 3 weeks. What questions are left to be answered? What do users want to know? There is so much going on in the threads - it's hard to keep up. I'll read this before I leave tommorow in the afternoon, and I'll try to get everything answered in a preview article to be posted this weekend.

In other news, we (finally) expect to have a review unit of the GSM Treo next week. We are nearing very close to launch.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    I know there are a million threads going on, but I want to add one more. I will be (finally) having a hands on demonstration of the Treo 600 tommorow (Friday) by an enterprise custumer who has been using one for 3 weeks. What questions are left to be answered? What do users want to know? There is so much going on in the threads - it's hard to keep up. I'll read this before I leave tommorow in the afternoon, and I'll try to get everything answered in a preview article to be posted this weekend.

In other news, we (finally) expect to have a review unit of the GSM Treo next week. We are nearing very close to launch.
    I know there are color themes, but I wasnt able to change the key style or color on the simulator. Can you change the color of the keys? I am refering to the keys that are on the home phone screen. Thanks!

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    miradu

no one at all has ask about the vibrate ring/alert is it strong, weak etc. and is is too loud. When I have my 300 on vib for ring it rattles so loud everyone in the room can hear it.
    Have they improved the notification of VM? Will the light flash Red if new message or will it continue to beep?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    What is the strength of the IR? Any software compatibility issues due to the low res screen? How does the Picture caller ID work? Does it show the name and # of the person as well? How easy is it to smudge/scratch the camera lens? Is a screen shield (those plastic stickers) necessary? How often is the stylus used? When is it really necessary? How long does it take to establish GPRS/1xRTT connection?
    - How is the speaker phone? Does the back speaker get muffled when you lay the phone on its back on a table?

- I hope you can get to use the keyboard for quite sometime and tell us how you progress in using it.

- Does radio performance seem better? How do the signal bars compare with current model? Would be great if you can take both phones to a place where the old Treo just loses signal and see whether the 600 does or doesn't.
    Can you use .wav or .mp3 files for ringtones, message alerts, various alarms etc.?

Thanks.
  8. AJB
    Exactly what came in the box?

AJB
    1. How do they plan to advertise?
    2. When 300s in my pocket I don't feel or hear it vibrate. Did they resolve this?
    3. Will we be able to get the upgrades to the PIM Palm did for their new line of pda's?
    4. Will Palm's new SDIO 1.3 megapixel camera work in the Treo 600?
    6. If u were single would u marry the Treo 600?

And please get that review out asap!
    You probably can't answer this from trying out the phone, but to the extent that the person you talk to you knows more, here goes.

Jeff Hawkins in his interview said that there are differences between the GSM phones built for each of the carriers. What does this mean for those who buy the unlocked GSM version? What would they lose out on? Is it only cutomized software? Would they be able to get the missing/modified software from the carrier to presumably take advantage of their services?
    How about mac compatibility? What version of palm desktop for mac is included on CD? Any issues with USB file transfer of large dbs / loss of connection?

Also, if the versions of Treo 600 are 'different for each carrier', will there be problems if you decide to transfer from one GSM carrier to another ?
    1) can the browser support ssl & javascript websites?
    2) does it support aol, msn, or yahoo instant messanger?
    3) will the sdio support bluetooth sd cards? (i.e. for use with a jabra bluetooth ear piece)
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a couple of questions about features and operation of the T600 that I'm hoping for answers to. Are there any T600 users that can answer any of the below questions?

-Will Handspring sell a desktop cradle for the T600? What does it look like? Anything fancy (i.e. stylus hole, headset plug, LEDs) on it?
    -Can I have a headset plugged into the T600 while I have it sitting in the cradle?
    -How does the keyguard work? How do I enable/disable it?
    -What function does the blinking LED serve on the top/front of the phone? Does it flash multiple colors? What do they mean? Will this flash when a voicemail or SMS is received? In different colors?
    -When an incoming call comes in, what do you see on the screen and what hard button to you push to silence and/or answer?
    -Does the T600 charge through the USB connection?
    -What are examples of when the D-pad won't work and you're forced to pull out a stylus?
    -How durable has the screen been for you? Would you say that it's durability is less than, equal to, or greater than LCD screens of the same size?
    -After prolonged use with the keyboard, do you still like the smaller size? Has your speed picked up to rival a Blackberry or T300?
    -With the speakerphone holes on the back of the phone, do you muffle the sound when you set it down on a flat table on its back? Does this interfere with ringer operation while sitting on a table as well?
    -How has reception been compared to other phones you've used (specifically a SprintPCS question)?
    -Are there any major or minor annoyances you have with the phone after using it for a while?
    -How strong is the vibra mode? Can you independantly enable/disable the vibra mode at any ringer volume level?

All for now! I'm sure I'll have others as this thread grows!
    Originally posted by Ares
    Can you use .wav or .mp3 files for ringtones, message alerts, various alarms etc.?

Thanks.
    Ares, I asked this question at Mission Possible and they said that it will only be able to use MIDI files for that.

One question I was going to ask Jeff Hawkins but ran out of time was "Are you working on implementing the new Palm OS 6 to work on the Treo 600, and if so, when can we expect it?" If anyone has an opportunity to get this information, please let me know! Thanks!
    Last edited by RayUSA; 10/03/2003 at 04:14 AM.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Please compare and contrast the 600 keyboard with that of the 300, Blackberry, or any other appropriate comparator.
    what color is the backlight?

i know this seems like a stupid question, but on some pcs i have seen it blue on the treo 300 its green..
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    we know the sound is better, i need the vibrate(silent alarm) to be better, is it?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    • What type of "system sounds" are there (if you can describe them)? Example: when you tap the screen, what type of sound does it make? Similar to Treo 300? More like SPH-i330 / i500? Can they be customized?
    • When you adjust the system sound volume (games, alerts, general) can you actually notice a difference in volume (it was very hard to notice any difference in volume on the Treo 300)?
    • Compare the stylus of the Treo 300 with that of the Treo 600. Is the new one metal? How is the weight?
    • Can you describe the case that the Treo 600 comes with in detail? What is it made of? Is it durable? When the Treo 600 is in the case, is it easy to put the entire thing in your pocket, or is it too bulky?
    • If the Treo 600 comes with a headset, is it exactly the same as the one that came with the Treo 300?

Thanks!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    - What are the accessories that you get along with Treo 600?

- How are you using it.. in the sense.. do u carry it in your pocket or use a belt clip etc.

- Did you try the wireless syncing of Treo600?

Thanks before hand Miradu.

-chiru
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Ares, I asked this question at Mission Possible and they said that it will only be able to use MIDI files for that.
    Thanks. Do you know if this would be possible with a 3'rd party app?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast