Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can you test the range of Infrared (IR) Communication port to see what kind of range it has. I would be happy with 15 feet. I ask this because it would be nice to turn the tv or stereo down as I grab the phone to answer it. I guess you could test it by beaming a contact or business card (/B or /M).

Thanks.
    Why was the headset jack input placed on the bottom? (To accommodate a car kit?)
    gawd, I'll bet he won't be able to find out the answers to even 1/4th of these questions... lol
  4.    #24  
    Things went better than I thought, I have a sprint treo 600 for the night. I will try to get a preview up by tommorow morning; i won't sleep tonight.

The Treo 600 is well beyond even my expectations.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    Things went better than I thought, I have a sprint one for the night. I wil try to get a preview up by tommorow morning; i won't sleep tonight.

The Treo 600 is well beyond even my expectations.
    lucky dawg.

have fun.

in your article, would u go into when the gsm vertion might be available? and i is really dependent on a sprint launch first?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This is great. More first hand insight before it gets here can't wait.
    Originally posted by RayUSA

Ares, I asked this question at Mission Possible and they said that it will only be able to use MIDI files for that.

One question I was going to ask Jeff Hawkins but ran out of time was "Are you working on implementing the new Palm OS 6 to work on the Treo 600, and if so, when can we expect it?" If anyone has an opportunity to get this information, please let me know! Thanks!
    He won't be stupid enough to answer that one... Nobody in their right mind would tell you that when he's trying to launch a new product.
    I don't think it was stupid to ask, but expecting an honest answer would be a stretch. Since they are being aquired now they can say anything and then blame it on PalmOne or management change etc. For me this is the device to have and in 12 months there will be a new Treo (hopefull not someother TW variant) and I will get that too.
    i know the treo 600 has a speakerphone, but can you hold it up to your ear and use it like a tradional phone? Or is speakerphone and earpiece your only option.

thanks.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    I hope someone can answer this as soon as they get their phone, because I can't get mine until I know...

Does the true Sprint SMS function work right now with this phone, or do we have to wait for the official SMS launch at the end of November? Because I need the SMS to replace the messaging capability of my Blackberry, but I don't want to be without it until November. The short mail service is way too slow for my needs.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by netnut2004
    I hope someone can answer this as soon as they get their phone, because I can't get mine until I know...

Does the true Sprint SMS function work right now with this phone, or do we have to wait for the official SMS launch at the end of November? Because I need the SMS to replace the messaging capability of my Blackberry, but I don't want to be without it until November. The short mail service is way too slow for my needs.
    Here's what I got from the Sprint folks at Mission Possible in SF last week. The T600 will ship with the MO-SMS application. It is fully enabled on the phone, but the network service is not available yet. The Sprint guys mentioned it would launch in November and somewhere a rumor passed that it was 11/26 or something like that.

After this discussion, I asked the Sprint guys to show me it on the T600. The tech went to the app launcher, scrolled down to the MO-SMS app (appropriately named SMS) and began entering text and his personal phone number. He then scrolled down and hit send. After a second, a reply message came back and said, "Sorry but the SMS service is not available yet but will be soon" (or something like that). I also made sure to watch the screen for the Vision network to stay off (as SMS is sent/received in the control path, not the Vision service) and it did. So, I can safely assume that the T600 was sending data through the legit MO-SMS service.

So, looks like all the pieces are there for when they launch the network service. We'll just have to wait and see when Sprint actually launches it!
    mattmcg,

That was extremely helpful info. Sounds like that effective date for SMS just about coincides with the number portability lauch and not by coincidence.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12