Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well first brief history
    bought 300 - hinge breaks I week ago. (no surprise looking at the design- nasty stress raiser at the hinge)
    Oh well Treo 600 is out in a week no biggie - I got the three year warranty

Got the same answer from two different stores - almost exactly same language - no we will not stocking the Treo 600 - Both reps seemed pretty clued up and siad that it had come from an internal email

So what can I do - dont want I500 (the equivalent phone she says brightly to me - NOT!!) and one store says that Best Buy do not give refunds

So the main question is - Do you think Best Buy 600 is no not now or will it be no not ever?

I will gimp along if I think it might be a week or two if they are just misinformed

No point having a warranty if they can not replace product to my satisfaction so I am pretty bummed and wont be doing this again - Sprint @ $4 month may be more costly/less flexible but at least you know they are going to get the phone

What do you think?
    Today The Best Buy near me (tysons Corner) said they won't be carrying the 600 because they are dropping Handsping.
    PKPaul
    Are you kidding me!?! My whole plan was to trade in my 300 for a shiny new 600. What to do... anybody have any bright ideas?
    I am a former bestbuy manager but still have a lot of close manager friends there. Best buy will not be carrying any treo products....period. You can return your warrantee at any point in the 3 yr contract period. It just gets pro rated.

Sorry

Philip
    You can return your warrantee at any point in the 3 yr contract period. It just gets pro rated.
    I apoligize if this is a dumb question, but what does "it just gets pro rated" mean? Am I able to get cash back for the original phone price or just what I paid for the warranty?
    Last edited by creamy3; 10/02/2003 at 11:15 PM.
    You could always trade for the i500 and ebay it....they go for no less than $530 it seems.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by spaner
    So the main question is - Do you think Best Buy 600 is no not now or will it be no not ever?

I will gimp along if I think it might be a week or two if they are just misinformed

No point having a warranty if they can not replace product to my satisfaction so I am pretty bummed and wont be doing this again - Sprint @ $4 month may be more costly/less flexible but at least you know they are going to get the phone

What do you think?
    ARHHHHHHHHHHH!! NO NO NO!! My Treo300 is also begining to have hinge problems and I purchased the BB warranty specifgically for this reason! It will be absolutely unacceptable if there is no equivalent replacement for my Treo if and when the hinge finally breaks (and it looks to be soon). This absolutely pisses me off! BB better offer me a refund or credit towards buying a replacement from some other store or I promise I'll be raising hell!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If there's nothing wrong with my Treo 300 but I have the Best Buy warranty, can I still return it? What are my options if I can?
    Well, Best Buy may not carry it as a PDA - but their phone vendors inside the store might. They have Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile vendors inside the store and I dare say Best Buy cannot tell them not to display or sell certain phones since they pay for the space inside the store.

Of course that may not help for your warrenty trade-in. In that respect since the Treo 600 is mainly a phone device, I assume you are not going to find it onlocked on many store shelves like the 300 was.
    So BB is clueless, knew that, the phone kiosks are not a BB operation, didn't know that, and lastly the warranty is designed to allow you to replace and/or upgrade. Only CompUSA has a warranty that will give you money, unfotunately its store credit. My NX60 died a tragic death and the only thing I could get was credit. No biggie I bought a flat panel for the wifes new computer and bought my new pda elsewhere. No more store coverage, only carrier coverage.
    hey, before you give up, go to a sprint store or call sprint customer care. I bought my 1st treo @ BB with NO warranty. 7 mos later my hinge broke and Sprint cust care replaced it w/a new one for free because the hinge problem is considered a defect in the design. Another 6 months later my second treo's hinge broke, and I took it to a Sprint store and they replaced it w/a refurb for no charge. I inquired about getting a tro600 as a replacement, but I would've had to pay the diff in price, plus I couldn't wait.
    Michael, The kiosks are totally under BBY control, not the vendors. BBY decides what phones they will carry and which ones they dont. They are not carrying treos.

To the prorated question, they will prorate your warranty. So if you paid $60 for 3 yrs and you have the phone for 1 yr already, they will refund $40.00 to you.
    In my more naive days when I was looking for an i500 (and before I knew about the far superior Treo 600), I went to my local Best Buy and asked when they were going to carry it. The salesperson told me that they were not going to be carrying it at all. He claimed to have gotten this information from an internal memo. This was back in July when the i500 was supposed to be released (I think that was release date number 50 or so). So three weeks ago, I go into the same Best Buy, and what do I see? The i500. I even see the same salesperson who got his info from the "internal memo." He remembered me from before and simply said that he was wrong. Of course at that point, he tried to sell me an i500. I told him that I have found a much better phone and am waiting for that. Then he told me that BB wasn't going to carry the T-600 either. I just laughed and said "Just like you weren't going to be carrying the i500?" He just gave me a death look and walked off. Very funny!

So pretty much, I wouldn't believe a word that any salesperson says. They know less than you do about what's coming out and when.
    Wow. Harsh words from the Cannibal.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by itsyvonne
    hey, before you give up, go to a sprint store or call sprint customer care. I bought my 1st treo @ BB with NO warranty. 7 mos later my hinge broke and Sprint cust care replaced it w/a new one for free because the hinge problem is considered a defect in the design. Another 6 months later my second treo's hinge broke, and I took it to a Sprint store and they replaced it w/a refurb for no charge. I inquired about getting a tro600 as a replacement, but I would've had to pay the diff in price, plus I couldn't wait.
    They said that all you would have to do is pay the diff?

Hmmmm .... let me see ... my hinge seems to be breaking ....

Hello, Sprint? This is my Treo 300 and the hinge has broken, a noted design defect. I would like it replaced since it is under warranty.

I would prefer the Treo 600 please, as my replacement. I would have to pay the difference between it and the cost of a Treo 300?

Fine ... Treo 300 is $399 and Treo 600 is $599 -- I'll pay the $200 bucks and then get my $100 (we hope) rebate from Handspring. Net cost = $100.

Thank you and see you next year for the next version of the Treo!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  16.    #16  
    I hope you are right hannibal1209b and that the phone will be available - just cannot afford to wait to long

As regards the Best Buy PSP - as i understand it you can get an exchange but you pay the differance between what you paid for the phone ($210 in my case) and the new product price ($499-549 who knows?)

It was also suggested that I try to get a store credit refund through corporate Best Buy number

And yes I was hoping that you will be able to combine the upgrade with a handspring rebate
    Retail today is full of people who don't want to be there, people who shouldn't be there and managers who are never there. I worked many retail jobs and while I had fun I couldn't wait to get out of there. BB up here is really lame when it comes to PDA info and the phones at the kiosk, well you couldn't get help if you were on fire.

Live body at the store is all I can hope for. SPCS store that is.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Wow. Harsh words from the Cannibal.
    Well, when you are in the store reading the box and the feature you are interested in isn't listed , and some moron comes up to you asking if you need help, and then they look at the box after you have finished reading it and say "I don't know" I kind of get pissed. That's why I do my research at home before going to a BB or some other store.

Bitter, table for one
    2 possibilities: 1. exchange for different product and ebay it. or 2. demand store credit, then find someone buying big ticket item and tell them ull give them $25 free if they will use ure store credit and pay u cash.
    I got similar warranty @ microcenter. don't think they will carry treo 600. sister told me they will even let me keep my treo 300 when I warranty it. ill probably get the palm tungsten T3 when I use my service plan because I dropped treo and jammed stylus in its holder so it doesn't hold as tight as used too. My wife's is ok and we will just sell her's. already got people lined up to buy my old treo's
    Well...I went to BB today to inquire the availability of the Troe600 today. I went up to the Sprint kiosk and of course the Sprint rep didn't even have a clue what the Treo600 was! Oye! After wasting some precious 5 minutes trying to explain what it was, the rep tried to sell me the SPH-i500 and which I promptly rebuffed. Anyway, I moved along and happen to start talking to the Cingular rep who uncharateristically seemed to have a clue. I asked him about the Treo600 and he said he know what it was and that Cigualr was going carry them. I said cool and inquired when they would be available and he explained they were coming by late November but that they wouldn't be available at BB. Apparantly, according to the info he had, BB was no longer going to carry any smartphones except for the SPH-i500. He seems quite positive about this and said he doubted BB would carry the Treo600 b/c sales of other smartphones had been too poor to justify them... Anyway, things don't look to good with BB. My treo300 hinge is slowly deteriorating and it irks me that the so called "warranty" I purchased will be useless when I need to replace the phone.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast