Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by tjd414

They said that all you would have to do is pay the diff?

Hmmmm .... let me see ... my hinge seems to be breaking ....

Hello, Sprint? This is my Treo 300 and the hinge has broken, a noted design defect. I would like it replaced since it is under warranty.

I would prefer the Treo 600 please, as my replacement. I would have to pay the difference between it and the cost of a Treo 300?

Fine ... Treo 300 is $399 and Treo 600 is $599 -- I'll pay the $200 bucks and then get my $100 (we hope) rebate from Handspring. Net cost = $100.

Thank you and see you next year for the next version of the Treo!!!
    Can you please explain what the above is about? I did thr upgrade with Sprint for $200. How do you get $100 rebate from Handspring?
    To I have been following the thread for sometime now, and I am in the same situation.

2 weeks ago, my hinge broke, and 4 months ago the screen decompressed in the lower right from an airplane ride. Since then I have been waiting for the Treo 600.

I put the BB warranty on the phone because I knew that it would be needed.

So, whats the game plan.

Here is what I have come up with. Someone please let me know what you think.

Buy the upgraded Treo600 from Handspring for Treo300 users for 399$

Call the Sprint Rentention (1-866-762-0468) and negotiate a renewal of my plan (the old 29.99 + 10$ unlimited vision) as well as mention to them that Handspring states that Sprint will give a 100$ store credit for an additional year.(I probably wont call them, until the new Treo600 comes in) If i should ask for anything more, someone please let me know.

Then I need to take the Treo300 back to BB. How can I get them to honor the warranty. Will they give store credit or only force me to pay and upgrade to a different phone?

I would like store credit, not another phone.

This is starting to get complicated, if anyone has a better idea let me know.
    i worked at best buy for a year....and i had a lot of people like y'all come up to me and askin for stuff that i didn't know about. that doesnt make me stupid for not knowing or anything. think about it...y'all are constantly on the internet waitin months and months for a certain product. it doesnt mean because you know about it....then everybody should know about it. people at bestbuy will only know about a product thru the company that is going to sell it. and that doesnt usually happend until the product is about to come out....or after the product is available. every sunday before we opened....we would have a meeting...talk about what's goin in the new ad. once a month..each dept would have a meetin to talk about new strategies, and new products that's going to be out. and whenever we get a new product....we dont usually find out until the nite before. and if you're not workin that nite....you wont find out until you start working. and think about it....the treo just got released...and i cant even say that. cause it's only poppin up in a couple of stores thruout the country in what....quantities of 1-3? and these are sprint stores. there's talk that 1-2 compusa's have them. and they got like 1-2. you cant even order it thru sprint unless you give them their proper instructions. so it aint like people dont know about it....it's just that....most retail people only know about a product thru the company that's selling them. that's why in the wireless section, they got each respected brand sales rep there. and like somebody said....most retail people work there...but are only doin it for work. they dont want to be there. cause you got people like y'all yellin at them for not knowing stuff that y'all know. if y'all weren't keepin ya eyes glued to this site...or even know about this site...chances are you wouldnt know about the product. i dont know...my 2 cents
    Add me as another that bought extended warranty at BB hoping to upgrade when the time comes. I too have heard about BB discontinue Handspring products. I already bought a T600 from HS and will walk into BB and utilize the warranty to get another highpriced phone or PDA and Eflea it.
    I have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of these posts from people that are\were planning on returning a good 300 under warranty so they can get the 600 at a net lower cost.

These are the same people that chasitised others for selling their serial # or falsely obtaining the handspring loyalty upgrade.

In the end, it's all the same thing. Trying to get something for nothing.
    I agree to some extent with the Best Buy employee (ex?), HOWEVER, there is a problem with their pseudo knowledgeable Sprint reps. The store I go to has 3-4 Sprint reps to cover the week there.

I have spoken to several of them with specific questions to which they should indeed know the answer. They didn't have a clue. Even after this phone was being received by people on this board, the Sprint reps either had no knowledge of the phone or thought it wouldn't be released by Sprint (not Best Buy now, but Sprint) for months.

That said, the senior rep (I've never spoken with her) came into the store yesterday with a TREO 600! My son works at Best Buy and I've had him on high alert. He didn't get a chance to ask her if she was just carrying it because she works for Sprint and it's a demo, or if the store is actually going to carry it. But trust me. he's going to find out for me.

A side note: stopped at a Sprint store last night and got hands time with the Holy Grail. It was awesome! I talked to the Salesman at length and he was sure it was going to show up at Best Buy and on Amazon. He didn't seem like a total *****, which really sticks out at a Sprint store. This gave me hope, and then when my son came home and told me there was a sighting at Best Buy I got a little excited. NOw we just have to confirm the fact (and his discount!) and I can join the happy ranks.

The phone IS awesome...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Well...I went to BB today to inquire the availability of the Troe600 today. I went up to the Sprint kiosk and of course the Sprint rep didn't even have a clue what the Treo600 was! Oye! After wasting some precious 5 minutes trying to explain what it was, the rep tried to sell me the SPH-i500 and which I promptly rebuffed. Anyway, I moved along and happen to start talking to the Cingular rep who uncharateristically seemed to have a clue. I asked him about the Treo600 and he said he know what it was and that Cigualr was going carry them. I said cool and inquired when they would be available and he explained they were coming by late November but that they wouldn't be available at BB. Apparantly, according to the info he had, BB was no longer going to carry any smartphones except for the SPH-i500. He seems quite positive about this and said he doubted BB would carry the Treo600 b/c sales of other smartphones had been too poor to justify them... Anyway, things don't look to good with BB. My treo300 hinge is slowly deteriorating and it irks me that the so called "warranty" I purchased will be useless when I need to replace the phone.
    Which BB did you go to? I just came from the one in Dadeland and was talking to her about it. She hadn't seen it yet. I told her I ordered one from Handspring and I'll show it to her when I get it...lol (she lives in the same dorm as me )
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Which BB did you go to? I just came from the one in Dadeland and was talking to her about it. She hadn't seen it yet. I told her I ordered one from Handspring and I'll show it to her when I get it...lol (she lives in the same dorm as me )
    I went to the one down on Kendall past Town & Country. I hate the BB at Dadeland. I've had some bad experiences there and found the CS absolutely horrendous...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by webslappy
    I have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of these posts from people that are\were planning on returning a good 300 under warranty so they can get the 600 at a net lower cost.

These are the same people that chasitised others for selling their serial # or falsely obtaining the handspring loyalty upgrade.

Why don't you get your facts straight before accusing people! I purchased the Treo300 nearly a year ago before the rumors of the Treo600 were even comtemplated. I specifically purchased the warranty b/c of all the horror stories I read on these boards of broken hinges and RBOD. I now have a Treo with a cracked hinge that is about to break off and I think it perfectly acceptable for BB to replace the phone...that's what I payed the extra $70 bucks for!! However, if I now go to BB, they have no equivalent product to replace my borken Treo300 with. They don't carry the Treo300 anymore and the only smartphone they carry is the SPH-i500 which is unacceptable b/c it doesn't have a thumbboard! So...why is it wrong to expect to be able to exchange it for the Treo600?! If anything, you should keep your misconceptions to yourself...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

I went to the one down on Kendall past Town & Country. I hate the BB at Dadeland. I've had some bad experiences there and found the CS absolutely horrendous...
    u ain't the only one! Dadeland sucks but I was just tryin to kill time.

.....if I now go to BB, they have no equivalent product to replace my borken Treo300 with. They don't carry the Treo300 anymore and the only smartphone they carry is the SPH-i500 which is unacceptable b/c it doesn't have a thumbboard...
    u could exchange for the i500 then ebay it
    You guys are right in my neck of the woods. UM alumni here...still live in the Dadeland area now.

I ordered my T600 from handspring, but went by the Dadeland BB to check out the Samsung i500, and to see if there was a T600 to look at. They didn't have one, but I chatted with the saleswoman about the T600 and the i500.

I actually prefer the Dadeland Best Buy. I've never had a customer service problem there. They've always taken care of me when I bring items, or ask for help. *Shrug*

Oh...I stopped by the Sprint store at The Falls looking to check out the T600, and to activate an old phone I had. I was the only person in line, but it took them almost 30 min to get to me. Customer service people are friendly, but SLOW. AND they didn't have a T600 in the store. At least I found $80 in the store

Go Canes!!

Deacon

Why don't you get your facts straight before accusing people! I purchased the Treo300 nearly a year ago before the rumors of the Treo600 were even comtemplated. I specifically purchased the warranty b/c of all the horror stories I read on these boards of broken hinges and RBOD. I now have a Treo with a cracked hinge that is about to break off and I think it perfectly acceptable for BB to replace the phone...that's what I payed the extra $70 bucks for!! However, if I now go to BB, they have no equivalent product to replace my borken Treo300 with. They don't carry the Treo300 anymore and the only smartphone they carry is the SPH-i500 which is unacceptable b/c it doesn't have a thumbboard! So...why is it wrong to expect to be able to exchange it for the Treo600?! If anything, you should keep your misconceptions to yourself...
    Sorry, I wasn't accusing you. It sounds like you have a legitimate warranty issue.

My comment was directed at one speedy poster who chastised another poster who was trying to sell their serial #.

I only intended to highlight the hypocrisy to that person without naming them but apparently I got you riled up. Sorry.
    Last edited by webslappy; 10/12/2003 at 07:46 AM.
    Bets Buy no longer carries T-mobile either. But remember, awhile, Best Buy dropped Apple because "Their products are too specialized"...

Now look who has their own aisle in best buy.

They are a corporation, no different than any other. Slow to get off their feet in any capacity, but when they see an electronic product selling, making money, that everyone wants, they will hop right back on the bandwagon.
    > ...when they see an electronic product selling, making money,
    > that everyone wants, they will hop right back on the
    > bandwagon.

That certainly put the last nail in that TREO 600 coffin!
    This brings back Best Buy memories for me regarding Toshiba laptops. I thought it was one of their better laptop lines, and I remember I walked in several years back and there was only one left on display as a closeout.

I was considering one for one of my kids (this was around the time of the HP/Compaq merger), and I wanted to steer clear of either of those until they had a specific direction for their new product line.

I stopped by and called over the next several weeks asking if they'd ever get Toshiba back. EVERYONE there said ,"no, Best Buy is discontinuing the Toshiba laptop line."

The rest is history. The point here is , it ain't over 'til it's over, so let's wait a bit longer and see what happens.
    Originally posted by webslappy

and you can thank a certain user on this board in particular for MOST of it.

finally someone else big enough to say the same thing.

again, if a person has a LEGITIMATE problem with more than 1 300, then fine, they need to be able to pay the difference.
    i was in best buy yesterday with a friend returning a T300 they had bought less than a month ago and when asked why he was returning it he just said a new phone came out and held up the T600. one other girl behind the counter left and came back with another woman in a business suit and asked could if he would show her the phone, so he pulled out the 600 and started a pseudo sales presentation LOL.

well, turns out she was the direct Sprint rep that serviced that store. so i asked her when the 600's would be in stock there at BB. she said as soon as they get the i500 stock problem resolved because of so many on backorder. that particular store has never had an i500 in yet.

so i would think she would have known that if BB was not carrying HS anymore or not... but take it for what it's worth.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12