Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just placed an order for 6 units with activation from Sprint from our government sales rep for delivery next Wednesday! They will start shipping on Tuesday for governemnt and I suspect business customers. The order is overnight shipment.
    John
    How much!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I don't know. All I know is we get the government GSA price whatever that turns out to be. It is usually around 10-25% below the commercial price. We just did a not to exceed order with plans and all of $10K.
    John
    barjohn, I also live in the Inland Empire. Want tell sell me one of those 6?????
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I wish I could. They are not mine but will belong to the government. I will just get to use one. I am looking forward to replacing my Blackberry and cell phone with one device.
    John
    lol nice i wish i was in the government...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Dude, no you don't wish you were in the government...
    If the government pays $600 for a hammer, there is no telling what they paid for those Treos.
    Carl
    Gotta love the Gov when it comes to overpaying. Federal Gov that is.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Our price is no more than the retail price with rebates and could be up to 25% less. I know that with both the Siemens SX-56 and the VErizon SPH-i700 our price is less than the commercial price.
    John
    Originally posted by barjohn
    Our price is no more than the retail price with rebates and could be up to 25% less. I know that with both the Siemens SX-56 and the VErizon SPH-i700 our price is less than the commercial price.
    John, I was just poking fun at reports several years ago about the feds paying rediculous amount for items like hammers and toilet seats. My comment was only meant as a joke. (I guess it is a bad joke when you have to explain yourself!).
    Carl
    Actually, a few years ago 60 Minutes did a story on the govt spending 100's of thousands of dollars on a study looking at the flow speed of catsup.

Serious!
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    Actually, a few years ago 60 Minutes did a story on the govt spending 100's of thousands of dollars on a study looking at the flow speed of catsup.

Serious!
    That is money well spent! I think everyone here will agree... at one time HIENZ catsup was considered "the slowest" because it was thick.

You had to stick a knife in the bottle in order to get it going.

But that just isn't the case anymore. Catsup comes out at an alarmingly FAST speed.

This means it has to be more watered down. Now, are they using SPRING water, or tap water? THis is of grave concern.

I applaud the government for keeping our catsup safe.
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    That was just a viscous rumor
    I just placed an order for 6 units with activation from Sprint from our government sales rep for delivery next Wednesday! They will start shipping on Tuesday for governemnt and I suspect business customers. The order is overnight shipment.
    Barjohn,

I was wondering if there is a policy against camera phones at your site. At the installation I work, we are not allowed to have them. I was trying to find a loophole, but have been unsuccessful. Soooooo, what's the scoop?
    I was wondering if there is a policy against camera phones at your site. At the installation I work, we are not allowed to have them. I was trying to find a loophole, but have been unsuccessful. Soooooo, what's the scoop?
    In this (http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...era#post242347) post:

In my use I needed the ability to disable the camera and HS indicated that they could provide a program that an administrator could use to remove the camera functionality. For government use this may be a neccesity.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes, there is a prohibition. It is only strictly enforced in the areas where classified materials are present at this time, but that could change. There is a great deal of discussion surrounding the issue. I am going to find out if removal of the camera firmware is sufficient.
    John
    Yes, there is a prohibition. It is only strictly enforced in the areas where classified materials are present at this time, but that could change. There is a great deal of discussion surrounding the issue. I am going to find out if removal of the camera firmware is sufficient.
    When you receive the app that disables the camera, could you also let me know if it is a permanent change or not? I wouldn't mind having the option to enable the camera if I go on a vacation or something. It would come in handy sometimes.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Send me an email and when I get it (assuming I do) I will send you a copy. I think it is supposed to let you re-enable the camera as well.
    John
    So does anyone else see the flawed logic in just getting firmware to disable the camera?

What happens if say an employee is traveling, they drop the phone and need to get it replaced at a local SPCS store (one of mine employees did this). So they get their shiny new Treo 600 and are on their way. Only thing is that local IT has no clue that this exchange happens and only finds out at the point in time when the bill comes in, which will be 30 days plus the time it takes the lazy *cough* finance people to process the bill and send it to the department for approval. So you are looking at 45 - 60 days before the core IT group knows there was an ESN swap and before they can disable the camera.

Or

If the employee really wants pictures of the restricted area, they just go buy their own Treo 600 forward their calls from the work issued one to their personal one and no one will be any wiser.

Anyway, just a couple of ramblings for a Saturday morning. I tell ya, if we had smart criminals, we would be in trouble.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast