Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have information on CompUSA pricing and avalbility ? Usually before a big products comes out, their inventory computer is cited as the source of Date and Price. CompUSA friends, where are you ?
  2. #2  
    department stores like those never know when they are getting them or if they are carrying them until they actually get it.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  3. #3  
    I've spoken with a CompUSA guy in Dallas who sells to corporate buyers. He has access to all their products sold for retail.
    The 600 isn't even in their system yet.
    He's going to call me when it is.
    He can usually take pre-orders, so I'll post his info if/when he has it.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    Does anyone have information on CompUSA pricing and avalbility ? Usually before a big products comes out, their inventory computer is cited as the source of Date and Price. CompUSA friends, where are you ?
    I work on the sales floor at a CompUSA, and as of today, there's still nothing in our systems at all. We got the Tungsten T3 & E in nearly a week before Palm even announced them, though (although they're still not out on the floor), so I'm hoping for something similar with the Treo.

    I will *definitely* let everyone know when they're in our systems, though, and what the cost will be!
  5. #5  
    please keep us posted.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  6. #6  
    The local store here has a sales guy who keeps up on the hot new pda products but I couldn't find him the last time I was in so I will have to go looking this weekend and see whta he can offer.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    The local store here has a sales guy who keeps up on the hot new pda products but I couldn't find him the last time I was in so I will have to go looking this weekend and see whta he can offer.
    Well, I don't know that he'll be able to offer much until they're actually in the CompUSA IMS system, which is when we know things like price and (approximate) availability. I work in the PDA/Wireless/DigiCam department myself, and have still been able to find nothing out regarding shipping on the 600. That said, I do have a strong suspicion/hope that it's going to be very soon that I see something. We'll see.
  8. #8  
    Okay - here's some additional info:

    I recently went to the CompUSA to special order a T600 from their business sales group - from Ingram - as i knew that the stores wouldn't stock this for quite some time. After 7 days of information exchanges with the CompUSA buyers, Ingram, etc., I was told that they would NOT carry the T600, at least anytime soon, nor could they order it from Ingram for some reason.

    Not sure if I believe it, but just what I was told.

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  9. #9  
    Anybody have any new developments on CompUSA availability? I have a warranty with my Tungsten W with them, and would love to trade it in for a T600.

    Thanks in advance...
  10. #10  
    I was at CompUSA not too long ago and I saw that they carried the Tungsten T3. If I'm not mistaken, the T3 is relatively new, no? CompUSA stocked that quickly, eh? Why not the T600? Is the carrier (Sprint) the bottleneck?

    *sigh*
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by strongbad
    I was at CompUSA not too long ago and I saw that they carried the Tungsten T3. If I'm not mistaken, the T3 is relatively new, no? CompUSA stocked that quickly, eh? Why not the T600? Is the carrier (Sprint) the bottleneck?

    *sigh*
    I'm not sure what the bottleneck is here, but we don't even have the T600's listed in our IMS system as being on order yet, let alone have them in-house. We received the Tungsten T3's the Thursday before they were officially announced by Palm, so those were ready to go with plenty of time; unfortunately, the Treo's just don't seem to be coming along.

    And our store's regional Sprint rep was no help, either; he was befuddled as to wh we didn't have them yet. Go figure.

    I'll let y'all know when they show up in our store system, though...
  12. CharFeld's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #12  
    I have a Visor Prism under CompUSA warranty-replacement policy. Among other minor glitches, the last straw is it now refuses to HotSync when I press the button. Since I know it can no longer be replaced, I was thinking of bringing it in to CompUSA and asking for credit towards a Treo600 (once they get it in). What can I expect from CompUSA in this situation? Will I receive the credit no questions asked, or will they give me a hard time?
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by CharFeld
    I have a Visor Prism under CompUSA warranty-replacement policy. Among other minor glitches, the last straw is it now refuses to HotSync when I press the button. Since I know it can no longer be replaced, I was thinking of bringing it in to CompUSA and asking for credit towards a Treo600 (once they get it in). What can I expect from CompUSA in this situation? Will I receive the credit no questions asked, or will they give me a hard time?
    It depends on who you talk to, really. Our new replacement policy actually goes through a third-party company, and they state that they only replace handhelds with the same model, albeit refurbished, with no exceptions whatsoever.

    However, as you've had your replacement policy for awhile now, you're grandfathered into the old method, which was supposed to be similar; that is, they replace your model with either the same or whatever is similar in that price range. Because most of our MOD's are fairly lenient on this older policy, I've seen plenty of people apply it towards more expensive handhelds.

    But, we also consider PDA-phones to be seperate altogether now (in fact, there's a different, more expensive replacement plan for any PDA-phones out now), and I'm not sure if they'll let you apply a straight PDA plan to a smartphone type of plan.

    Like I said, it depends on who you get. But I hope this helps a bit...
  14. #14  
    Awesome information, NocTurnerV! Please monitor this thread and keep us posted!
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by strongbad
    Awesome information, NocTurnerV! Please monitor this thread and keep us posted!
    I will, Strongbad...don't worry. I'm dying to get a 600 myself; I actually had one, but the RF radio went bad, and they Sprint couldn't replace it fast enough, so I just got a refund on it. Once our store gets 'em in, though, I should be able to get a substantial discount (for being an employee), so I'm simply waiting for then. We'll see what happens, but I'll let everyone knows when we're stocking them!
  16. #16  
    Just asking for my periodic update...any news from you CompUSA guys on carrying this phone? I'm itching to trade in the T|W for this sucker....
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by kilo94
    Just asking for my periodic update...any news from you CompUSA guys on carrying this phone? I'm itching to trade in the T|W for this sucker....
    Still nothing in our store's IMS product tracking system at all, I'm afraid. I'm told by more than a few people (higher-ups and Sprint reps) that we will carry it, but no one has any idea when we might be getting them shipped our way. It's odd, because we've traditionally gotten a lot of Palm-based phones before even the Sprint stores have gotten them in-stock (the Samsung i500 and i330 come to mind)!

    At any rate, I went ahead with ordering through Handspring instead of waiting for a discount at my store, so I'm slightly discouraged as to the reason we don't have them. As always, I'll let y'all know if and when they pop up in our database!
  18. #18  
    If you are buying a Treo (or anything) from Compusa, make sure that you know they charge 15% restocking fee on returns. At least my local Compusa does this and thus I never buy things from them.
  19. #19  
    I had a broken Treo 300 with a CompUSA warranty, and I was waiting for the Treo 600 to show up there before I returned it. I finally decided that may NEVER happen, so I took my t300 back, got a cheapo phone (which I sold on eBay) and a CompUSA gift card for the rest of the ballance. Then I ordered the t600 from Handspring. It's supposed to be here early this week. Can't wait...
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by kyuk99
    I had a broken Treo 300 with a CompUSA warranty, and I was waiting for the Treo 600 to show up there before I returned it. I finally decided that may NEVER happen, so I took my t300 back, got a cheapo phone (which I sold on eBay) and a CompUSA gift card for the rest of the ballance. Then I ordered the t600 from Handspring. It's supposed to be here early this week. Can't wait...
    The Treo 600 is FINALLY in our system here at CompUSA, so I'm assuming they'll actually be arriving shortly. I have no exact date, but because they're listed, I'm hopeful it will be within the next week for all you who have been holding out for it.

    Retail price is still $599.99 on it, and store-cost is $456 and change, so I ended up getting a better deal ordering through Handspring anyway. Just so y'all know...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions