Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't see where anyone has addressed how the T600 screen will stay clean. Won't oils from the user's face get on the screen as they talk on the phone?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!
  2.    #2  
    So what's the answer?
  3.    #3  
    Come on guys! Just looking for some info. I promise I won't jump in line at Sprint!

Larry?, Jake?, anyone out there?
    There is no answer...The same thing can happen on ANY phone with the same basic design.

I wipe down my current Treo every now and then...even though it has a flip lid.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info! Now I'll take my place in line.
    I use the same thing that I use on my PowerBook.

http://www.klearscreen.com/
    Watch what you use!!!

I used an ordinary (probably alcohol-based) screen wipe from my work on my Treo 270 screen.

Moisture from the wipe got under the screen surface and an irregular yellow patch developed over the next few days that made the screen unusable.

Fortunately Handspring changed it for me, but its a soft handkerchief in future...
    Great advice!
    Originally posted by JonStern
    Watch what you use!!!

I used an ordinary (probably alcohol-based) screen wipe from my work on my Treo 270 screen.

Moisture from the wipe got under the screen surface and an irregular yellow patch developed over the next few days that made the screen unusable.

Fortunately Handspring changed it for me, but its a soft handkerchief in future...
    Yup! That's why I just wipe mine down...no liquids.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    The answer isn't as miraculous as you'd think. The Treo 600 and 300 both work best when you use them with a headset (or earbud). I hardly ever use the handset against my face. I hope someone comes up with a great compact retractable headset someday (or bluetooth becomes an affordable option) but until then I just carry my corded earbud with me all the time.

It works great allowing me to use the Palm and phone at the same time without saying, "hold on while I plug in my earbud."

I know that this is not the perfect solution, but until someone comes up with a pore sealant you can put on your right cheak (of your face) each morning, this is the only solution that will keep your phone goo free.
    I've used Rain-X before on my old Visor and Palm V screens (no need to use it under the lid of my Treo). It works great at helping the screen to stay clean. I know a lot of people have used it on various pda devices, with no ill effects.
  12.    #12  
    Obviously the ear bud is the best solution.
    Hey, anyone ever hear about a retractable wire for an earbud - - maybe something that can be attached to the outside of the smartphone case? Similar to my girlfriend's toaster.

No more messing around with tangled wires!

Am I on to something, or what?!
    Last edited by E Man; 10/02/2003 at 04:29 PM.
    I have a retractable earbud I bought at a Sprint store. It's Sprint branded--2.5mm with a button on the earbud that acts like the Talk button so you can answer the phone from the earbud without touching the phone. Works great on my Samsung phones, anyway.

Motorola also makes a retractable but it was kind of bulky.

JW
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Use a screen protector. The oils don't show and they are easy to clean. The ones from PCTechs are very good.
    John
    Thanks!

Any other recommendations for retractables out there?
    Originally posted by E Man
    Thanks!

Any other recommendations for retractables out there?
    Just make sure you get the kind that hooks on your belt next to your phone. The one's that hook behind your phone make your phone stick out too far. I tried one but always got it caught on the seat belt and other things it was also very big and awkward.

I think the Sprint ones are made by Jabra.
    i let my kitty lick it!
    Barrett
    i think those kind of holsters are just way to akward for a treo...even if it is a 600
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I have a Blackberry that gets all greasy after I've used the phone and I'm sweating outside. I usually just wipe it against my shirt after I'm done with the call.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast