1.    #1  
    I wanted to create a thread to consolidate all the Sprint availability news and rumors. I'll start with this from my Sprint Business account rep who emailed me today:

"The Sprint Business Channel is expecting Treo 600 receipts in mid-October. As soon as we are able to order them, I will contact you (we may be able to pre-order thus ensuring you get the device before
    anyone)."
    Great, another thread to keep track of!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    alright.....take this for what it's worth:

Stopped by my local Sprint PCS store today to inquire (again) about upcoming availability. The rep told me all she could see on the sytem was 'coming soon'. I pressed her for info, told her what I knew from these boards and basically, stood there until she was able to offer additional information. She knew nothing about the phone, so I know she wasn't making this up....but after searching around on her system for about 5-10 minutes, she found 2 interesting bits of information. One was that the price was going to be $499. No surprise here, but at that point I offered to pre-pay and pick it up when it comes in. She had no way to do that, but did indicate that the price she could now see on the system was 'effective Oct. 5th'. So maybe that's when they'll be hitting the retail stores. I continued to press for addit. info. She found another note that they will be 'shipping to the direct channels on Oct. 3rd'. OK, now we're getting somewhere. Looks like they may be heading out via UPS tomorrow, Friday, and avail. in the stores sometime early next week. All I know is I'll be there at 9a.m. on Monday, 9a.m. on Tues, 9a.m. on Wednesday......you get the idea. I bought the very first Treo 300 in my city at this same store. They didn't even know what a Treo 300 was at the time, but I told them "hey, they're on a cart in your back room" (I knew this from the great info here at Treo Central)...low and behold, she came out with the first one off the cart. I plan to repeat that scene next week.
    Originally posted by finadvsr
    All I know is I'll be there at 9a.m. on Monday, 9a.m. on Tues, 9a.m. on Wednesday......you get the idea. I bought the very first Treo 300 in my city at this same store. They didn't even know what a Treo 300 was at the time, but I told them "hey, they're on a cart in your back room" (I knew this from the great info here at Treo Central)...low and behold, she came out with the first one off the cart. I plan to repeat that scene next week.
    I have the same plan, they can play dumb, *I* the Customer will help them make a sale.
    Stopped by my local Sprint PCS store today to inquire (again) about upcoming availability.

May I ask ... what store?
    no luck at stores here...they keep saying they dont know...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Nice frickin' rollout...nobody knows jack...
    Stopped by Sprint store today. Inquired about availability date and was told maybe later this month or early next month. Rep did tell me that he got notice today that phone would be $549 w/out activation. I am first on the list to be called when they get one in.

Ed Lee
    Edward G Lee
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elee@ulgm.org
    ...$549 w/out activation...
    Does that mean you can get one unlocked and put on Verizon's network?

(I'd get Sprint but their service isn't too good in my location.)
    If you have Sprint & sign up for their roaming plan, it will be just as good as being on Verizon. Sprint roamns on Verizon's digital network. There didgital network is huge compared to Sprint or anyone's for that manner. Or move to Verizon & you will roam on Sprint's network. Whatever tickles your feather...
    Originally posted by treoneo
    If you have Sprint & sign up for their roaming plan, it will be just as good as being on Verizon.
    Except that you cant use data, mobile to mobile minutes, recieve a text message or get a voicemail indicator while roaming on Verizons network.

And no you will not be easily able to put a Sprint T600 bought outright on Verizon.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    so whilst roaming on verizon's network from sprint, you CAN have voicemail indicator, data, etc.? i heard not. also i could easily take a treo600 from sprint to verizon... who' gonna stop me?!
    finadvsr -- keep us posted on Monday

I started calling Cust Care yesterday because my info said they were taking pre-orders with availability on the 6th. The first person I spoke to said they were not available but that she did an ESN swap on one earlier in the day and that he got his from Handspring. I called HS and she said it may have been an executive but not a regular customer. Suggested the rep may have the 300 confused with the 600.

I did ask her about the rebate to existing Treo users and she said we'd get $100 off if we gave them our S/N. Didn't think to ask how it would work if we buy from Sprint.

I called twice today and both Cust Care and TeleSales said it is not out. Tomorrow is a new day!