Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    OK Felllers...

    Heres the deal....

    Firstly, and surprisingly, better that 90% of the 200 respondents (in less than 24 hours!) DO NOT HAVE DATA PLANS... (just food for thought)

    Anyway, my T-Mobile rep, has basically compiled what is the ONLY "pre-order" list at T-Mobile for the treo 600.

    Those of you who are eligible (don't bother me for the crition, I know them but am not allowed to disclose) will be receiving e-mail confirmation/notification from the T-Mobile rep by the begining (middle at the latest) of next week. He will have further instructions on how the deal will work.

    Good luck to all of you, he is working on quantity, but as you know, initially the units are in HIGH demand and he can only reserve so many for day 1 at that price point.

    Best Regards,
    Mike


    P.S. I Got sick of the old thread.... too long.... so stating over seemed like a good idea.... The old thread is linked below:
    Here is the original Thread
  2. #2  
    WeeBit, I still don't understand how having a data plan or not matters to your rep. He's not activating, so why having a data plan put some of us to the bottom of the list? Or he is going to be asking those who don't have a data plan to activate through him?

    I was in on the original 50, have a data plan, so I'm confused. Can you explain?

    Thanks!
  3. BNelson's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #3  
    Originally posted by robcorn
    WeeBit, I still don't understand how having a data plan or not matters to your rep. He's not activating, so why having a data plan put some of us to the bottom of the list? Or he is going to be asking those who don't have a data plan to activate through him?

    I was in on the original 50, have a data plan, so I'm confused. Can you explain?

    Thanks!
    I agree. I believe I was in the Top 50, as well, and have unlimited data. Evidently, WBO's contact makes a higher "profit, commission, return, whatever..." on bringing in new data accounts.

    This is really disappointing to be put to the bottom of the list when you were one of the first trying to get through to WBO's full PM box the first night.

    Hope this isn't the case...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by robcorn
    WeeBit, I still don't understand how having a data plan or not matters to your rep. He's not activating, so why having a data plan put some of us to the bottom of the list? Or he is going to be asking those who don't have a data plan to activate through him?

    I was in on the original 50, have a data plan, so I'm confused. Can you explain?

    Thanks!
    He can make $$$ on all of you, but has limited supply for this deal.

    Basically, he will be asking the people who don't have data plans to activate them. Since it is considered a seperate area from voice services, he gets a commision on that activation in addition to how the rest of this offer is structured.

    Most people who signed up, interestingly enough for this board, dont have data plans, so I think he will handle them first (Capitalism at its best) but preference will be given to the first 50 once that list is full providing that he still has capacity.

    There will be an email explaining everything soon from T-Mobile.

    -Mike
  5. #5  
    Okay, so since I was in the first 50, can you put me to the top of the list when someone who doesn't have a data plan backs out of the deal because they don't want to sign up for one??? Please, please!!!
  6. #6  
    Yeah, me too, please.

    I'm pretty sure I was probably top 5...

    Thanks for all the help and information.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by robcorn
    Okay, so since I was in the first 50, can you put me to the top of the list when someone who doesn't have a data plan backs out of the deal because they don't want to sign up for one??? Please, please!!!
    That is exactly how he has set up the list..

    it goes in exact order of PM (they are tagged in excel by time) once the data activators area filled, they list goes to the top of those who have data already, in order of reciept.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    ...once the data activators area filled, they list goes to the top of those who have data already, in order of reciept.
    WBO, can you clarify the above?

    If, as you stated, approximately 90% of the 200 individuals that submitted requests do not have the data plan and just 1/3 of those sign up for the upgrade, then the first person on the list that already has the plan won't be reached. Correct?
  9. #9  
    Sounds like I'm screwed.....
  10. #10  
    Thanks WeeBit for keeping us up to date.
  11. #11  
    Geez people....if we can get one, we can get one; if we can't, we can't.

    I'm on the list too, was in the top 50, and have a data plan. I thank WBO for even opening this up to the rest of us--he didn't have to do it at all. I'm certainly not going to pester him with e-mails wanting to know what spot I am on the list, and if I move up or down if X (or Y) happens.

    If you can get the 600 early thorugh this channel, celebrate. If not, don't cry, since you were never supposed to have this opportunity in the first place.

    (Apologies if this came off sounding bad, but I'm just amazed at the frenzy over this thing, and worreid about some of the sniping that may start soon.)
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed


    That is exactly how he has set up the list..

    it goes in exact order of PM (they are tagged in excel by time) once the data activators area filled, they list goes to the top of those who have data already, in order of reciept.
    One more question:

    By data, do you mean the unlimited data? I have 1mb T-Zones. How does that affect things -- if you know.

    Thanks for all your help!
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by MHR


    One more question:

    By data, do you mean the unlimited data? I have 1mb T-Zones. How does that affect things -- if you know.

    Thanks for all your help!
    NO, Tzones is not counted as data plan for the purpose of this offer
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by pbryon
    Geez people....if we can get one, we can get one; if we can't, we can't.

    I'm on the list too, was in the top 50, and have a data plan. I thank WBO for even opening this up to the rest of us--he didn't have to do it at all. I'm certainly not going to pester him with e-mails wanting to know what spot I am on the list, and if I move up or down if X (or Y) happens.

    If you can get the 600 early thorugh this channel, celebrate. If not, don't cry, since you were never supposed to have this opportunity in the first place.

    (Apologies if this came off sounding bad, but I'm just amazed at the frenzy over this thing, and worreid about some of the sniping that may start soon.)
    You, Mr. PByron, have been bounced the absolute top of the list. (data or otherwise)

    Thank you for that, it was a very thoughful post.

    (Oh, and I'm not doing that again. So people, please dont ask)

    That is what happens to courtious people.

    -Mike
  15. #15  
    WeeBit and others, please don't misunderstand my posts...I am very thankful to you for putting this together for all of us, and I will be very happy for those who get their 600 this way...I just wish now that I didn't have a data plan!!!

    Sorry if my post came off sounding wrong....my bad.
  16. BNelson's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #16  
    Originally posted by pbryon
    I'm on the list too, was in the top 50, and have a data plan. I thank WBO for even opening this up to the rest of us--he didn't have to do it at all. I'm certainly not going to pester him with e-mails wanting to know what spot I am on the list, and if I move up or down if X (or Y) happens.
    AAhhh....no email pestering going on here. No frenzy going on, either.

    Gotta love your kind of posts. Come on in and slam others to look like the most enlightened post.

    We were presented with a way of getting a cheaper Treo 600, which means a lot ($$, that is). If WBO would have said in the original post that those that have no data plan would get priority, I wouldn't have spent the time trying to get on the list.

    I'm not going to sit here and kiss a*#. If I'm taken off the list for this, so be it. He/she presented a way to get the discounted Treo, and I played by the rules and think I ended up in the Top 50. Then along comes a post later on that says I'm at the bottom of the potentially 200+ because I spend more $ with TMobile.

    Just making a point, nothing to get all up in arms about.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by BNelson
    If WBO would have said in the original post that those that have no data plan would get priority...
    Obviously he didn't know at that time.

    Don't shoot the messenger.
  18. #18  
    BNelson:

    Spending the time to get on the list couldn't have taken you more than a minute or two. Couldn't have been easier.

    This is simply common sense and being gracious. As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
  19. #19  
    I knew it was too good to be true.....
    There's always a catch.

    Thanks anyway Weebit...

    Hello, Cingular?

    Last edited by echaban; 10/02/2003 at 04:13 PM.
  20. BD1
    BD1 is offline
    BD1's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #20  
    BNelson, don't you realize that WBO is trying to all of us a favor? He has probably spent a great deal of time reading thru hundreds of PMs, creating a spreadsheet for t-mobile, responding to all our requests.

    It probably took you a few seconds to send him a request in a PM. "Played by the rules".....WBO is just trying to help lots of us and doesn't make up the 'rules'. He doesn't work for and can't control t-mobile. Doesn't do any good to slam pbyron either.

    We will all get a Treo 600 soon. I am also in the first 50 and a data user. Now I am at the bottom of this list. So what, I'll just call t-mobile directly and be one of the first buyers like many of us on this site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions