1.    #1  
    Couldn't get through to 42nd Street on phone.

Did get through to lower Broadway store:

Me: Yes, I was wondering if you have the new Treo 600s in yet?

Salesman: (sighs, slightly exasperated) No, and we have no idea when they're going to ship.

Me: So you have no idea when they're coming in?

Salesman: No idea.

Really sounded as if I was the 20th call in a row he'd answered about this...
  2. OJM
    I called the Brooklyn SPCS store and spoke with a nice rep who said that the 600s weren't in yet. I asked the release date and he said - "I am pretty sure the release date on the 600 is November 6th" I hoped this wasn't true and called the 42nd Street store where the rep explained that he hadn't heard the "hard official release date." I asked whether it would be in the next week or so and he was of the opinion that end of October/early- November was more realisitic. I hope these guys are wrong....
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I asked my mom, who knows absolutely nothing about cel phones or PDAs or anything electronic or gadgety.

She said Oct 13th.

I figured I'll go with that, since she seems to know about as much as Sprint reps do.
    Originally posted by njchris
    I asked my mom, who knows absolutely nothing about cel phones or PDAs or anything electronic or gadgety.

She said Oct 13th.

I figured I'll go with that, since she seems to know about as much as Sprint reps do.
    ROTFLMAO
    Does your mom know if each store will get more than 2?

Also, does she know what the cost will be?

Oh, and what's for dinner?

Chicago loop store also gave the "end of october, early november" answer to me. That was after I told them the first answer "christmas time" was wrong.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Your mom sounds like a really smart lady.. Maybe she can tell us when the Treo 900 w/ 320x320 screen, Palm OS 7 and a teleportation device will be available!
    Originally posted by Reevis
    Does your mom know if each store will get more than 2?

Also, does she know what the cost will be?

Oh, and what's for dinner?

Will she have a 600 for each us? I'll bring a bottle of wine.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    She said she'll take pre-orders for the 600 for only $299 and $399 for the T1000 (liquid metal version).

For some reason she said CASH ONLY as she won't have enough time to go to the bank before she "visits" Mexico.