Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wasn't going to come back here but I'm receiving alot of private messages and email for information so here's the latest I received from Sprint today.

Sprint will officially announce the release of the Treo 600 on 10/6 as planned. They said we should have them in our warehouse on 10/10.

We'll start shipping them out the day we get them.

Larry
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Much appriciated info.
    Thanks for not letting a few people ruin your experience here.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Just out of curiousity, is that from Retail stores or is that from Sprint themselves by ordering over the phone. Neeeeeed phone Thanks!
    thanks for the info...one question...is this ALL sprint stores or just a select few?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  5.    #5  
    I don't know about Sprint direct sales or Sprint stores. We're an authorization Sprint business reseller. They said we should have them in our warehouse on 10/10.

We're accepting pre-orders on both the Sprint CDMA and the unlocked GSM/GPRS modem (which is also due in on 10/10).

Larry
    ohh thanks!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Yes, thanks again for coming back here and contributing this info...I hope you will continue todo so in the future. Do you have any info about the time frame when regular retail outlets like BB may get the phones?...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by lmelamed

According to 2 different Sprint reps I have, and my 2 master agents, the Treo 600 shipping dates have been pushed back to the "end of november/beginning of December" [...]

They "probably" will begin shipping to CUSTOMERS and resellers mid-November. This is the word they used. Last week they said end of November/beginning of December. [...]

Like I said, you can believe what Sprint management people say (from which I get my information)n or you can believe the rumors or customer service reps are are mostly temps or a 3rd party agency. If you think they'd be the first to know the stuff, then believe them. We were right about the Samsung I500, Hitachi G1000, and Sony-Ericsson T608.

To be honest, there's really too many jerks here. I'll just post my the information I get at sprintusers.com You can go read them over there. I don't need to waste my time posting facts here and go through this crap.

I'm out of here. [....]

I a week or so I'll be able to say "I told you so".

Larry [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't going to come back here but I'm receiving alot of private messages and email for information so here's the latest I received from Sprint today.

Sprint will officially announce the release of the Treo 600 on 10/6 as planned. They said we should have them in our warehouse on 10/10.

We'll start shipping them out the day we get them.

Larry

Gee Larry, I guess you can indefinitely postpone that "I told you so" post. Apparantly you aren't as plugged in to "Sprint management people" as you thought. I for one do not thank you for posting inaccurate information under a false air of authority, and singlehandedly stirring up the likes of SeldomVisitor and purpleX to spread false panic.

I do give you credit for coming back here to "eat crow", although I suspect you were driven less by integrity and more by the motive of marketing your wares. I for one will take my business elsewhere...
    Last edited by markboy08; 10/02/2003 at 01:20 PM.
    this, after all, is only a phone. It's not that big a deal.
    (did I say that - did I really say that?)
    I don't blame this on Larry, I blame it on Sprint management for the lack of proper communication. Perhaps the WORST EVER!.

I don't think he is purposely trying to misleading anyone, he's just passing along the info he has been given by his sources, just like everyone else on this site has done.

Larry keep us informed, and trust me if you receive units before we can get them elsewhere, people here will be fighting for them.
  11.    #11  
    Do you have any info about the time frame when regular retail outlets like BB may get the phones?...
    I don't know. This is from the Business Solutions Program (BSP) chain.

Sprint has given us many date in the past that were never met such as the Samsung I500 and Hitachi G1000. First we were told 6/1, then 6/30, then mid-July. The 10/10 date is not "set in stone". It's just the latest date my Sprint sales manager was able to get from his management chain.

As far as the *** saying
    Apparantly you aren't as plugged in to "Sprint management people" as you thought. I for one do not thank you for posting inaccurate information under a false air of authority, and singlehandedly stirring up the likes of SeldomVisitor and purpleX to spread false panic.
    I never said I was "plugged into Sprint management people". I only post what I hear. I've always said you can believe it or not. The information I get from my Sprint sales manager is probably more accurate than wht you get from Sprint customer support which are usually 3rd party support companies. They are diffently one of the last to get accurate information.

Just read all the posts from people who went to Sprint stores or called Sprint on the phone. Some reps haven't even heard of the Treo 600. Others are giving all kinds of information.

Believe what you want. I don't care. We have a hugh repeat customer rate. If you don't want to buy from us you don't have to. We don't need people who just want to make trouble.

Larry
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update Larry. I know that you can only post what is told to you and that it is subject to change. I for one appreciate these updates.

Thanks!
    I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything, but Larry could you tell us if you are selling at that price because that is how much it will cost or has spint not told you and you think no that price will cover what ever the cost
  14.    #14  
    We have 2 distribution chains from Sprint we purchase through. Both of them told me that Sprint has raised the price from $499 to $549 and will release it at $549 so that's what we posted for the product with activation.

If Sprint comes out with a lower price, we will certainly only charge that price. Sprint pays us for activating new lines of service, not for selling the phone. This can be a whole new account or adding a new number (with it's own plan) to an existing account.

The phone is $75 more unactivated due to the above. Sprint does not pay us to sell the device, only for activations of a new linew of service. The make twice as much selling a phone at MSRP with activation than the $75 we're adding.

Any rebates that may be offered from Sprint with new activations will also be available thru us.

Hope this answers your question.

Larry
    Larry,
    I for one have to admit to a little anger when you first began posting on this topic. I was tempted to post that you didn't know what you were talking about and...blah...blah...blah. The bottom lin is that, just like the rest of us, you have your own sources for info. Your sources are yours, mine are mine. I appreciate the info that you have because it's just one more piece I didn't have before. If it turns out to be right, great! If not, well I guess you'll get to say "I told you so" people. The point is, let's not chase away sources just because we don't like what they're saying. Once the phone is finally out, Larry may have some valuable insight into something cool it will do that none of us ever knew about. Why chase him away? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    alright.....take this for what it's worth:

Stopped by my local Sprint PCS store today to inquire (again) about upcoming availability. The rep told me all she could see on the sytem was 'coming soon'. I pressed her for info, told her what I knew from these boards and basically, stood there until she was able to offer additional information. She knew nothing about the phone, so I know she wasn't making this up....but after searching around on her system for about 5-10 minutes, she found 2 interesting bits of information. One was that the price was going to be $499. No surprise here, but at that point I offered to pre-pay and pick it up when it comes in. She had no way to do that, but did indicate that the price she could now see on the system was 'effective Oct. 5th'. So maybe that's when they'll be hitting the retail stores. I continued to press for addit. info. She found another note that they will be 'shipping to the direct channels on Oct. 3rd'. OK, now we're getting somewhere. Looks like they may be heading out via UPS tomorrow, Friday, and avail. in the stores sometime early next week. All I know is I'll be there at 9a.m. on Monday, 9a.m. on Tues, 9a.m. on Wednesday......you get the idea. I bought the very first Treo 300 in my city at this same store. They didn't even know what a Treo 300 was at the time, but I told them "hey, they're on a cart in your back room" (I knew this from the great info here at Treo Central)...low and behold, she came out with the first one off the cart. I plan to repeat that scene next week.
    Larry's double-speak:

Originally posted by lmelamed

Like I said, you can believe what Sprint management people say (from which I get my information)n or you can believe the rumors [...]

Then later:

I never said I was "plugged into Sprint management people"[...]

Larry

I would never criticize someone solely for passing along information that I don't like or information that turns out to be wrong. But I do take exception when someone comes in spouting the attitude "I know what I'm talking about, I'm an insider, you can believe me or be a sucker", leading people to believe that their information is more credible than it really is.

Go through the posts and the facts speak for themselves. Larry was the only person claiming a delayed release. Despite numerous reports from others of the early Oct. release (which were based on HS/Sprint sources that turned out to be more credible than Larry's), Larry managed to stir up a big panic when some people bought into the "I'm an insider, my info is always right" image he tries to project. And then, after his information is proven wrong, he proceeds to launch another rumor about a price hike, which again is based on his "inside" information, this time a super-secret memo that he is not at liberty to disclose! And of course you should pre-order from him at the increased price because his information is absolutely reliable. Laughable. (see thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t36652/s.html)

In the end, I agree with imageone that the blame for this ultimately lies with Sprint's pathetic failure to cascade of information down its distribution chain. I think this is a case in point, because the result is that misinformation gets spread by Sprint representatives at the lower rungs of the ladder like Customer Support and Larry.
    Originally posted by markboy08

Gee Larry, I guess you can indefinitely postpone that "I told you so" post. Apparantly you aren't as plugged in to "Sprint management people" as you thought. I for one do not thank you for posting inaccurate information under a false air of authority, and singlehandedly stirring up the likes of SeldomVisitor and purpleX to spread false panic.

I do give you credit for coming back here to "eat crow", although I suspect you were driven less by integrity and more by the motive of marketing your wares. I for one will take my business elsewhere...
    Markboy, it is your choice to take you biz where you see fit. But Larry is only passing along info he gets. Do you always shoot the messanger?

This board exists based on speculation, rumor and cobbled together bits of info. You have to take EVERYYTHING you read on this board or anyother for that matter, with a grain of salt. It is fun to speculate and share info (wrong or right) with people who share similar interests. Larry did not intentionally give us misinfo, at least I dont see it that way (no I dont know Larry, but have seen his posts here and other boards).

Larry, thanks for giving us your new info. Until I have a T600 in my hands, I wont believe anything.
    Carl
    Carl, if you would read my post (the one just previous to yours) you will see that is not where I was coming from.
    Thanks for the updates all of them. Regardless of source and its contents everyone is working to find the truth, its out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast