Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
  1.    #1  
    Seeing as I might use my Treo 600 to listen to music, does anyone know if there are stereo headsets (i.e., headphones with a mic) that could be used to listen and talk on a cell phone? I know the connector is an important factor, but lets forget this for now. Do such accessories exist?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Forgetting consideration of the connector, I know that Nokia makes one. So, it is possible.
  3. #3  
    -- http://www.rf3.com.au

    or

    -- http://www.rf3.com.au/pages/adapter.html

    resulted from a quickie "ask.com" search.
  4. #4  
    Plantronics makes the best mobile headsets in my opinion. Most of the models I've seen have only one earpiece and a mic though. I don't know if they make any that cover both ears.

    Plantronics - Mobile Products
    RayUSA

    "The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    -- http://www.rf3.com.au

    or

    -- http://www.rf3.com.au/pages/adapter.html

    resulted from a quickie "ask.com" search.
    I didn't see anything for the Treo ... did I miss it?

    This site illustrated an earpiece (singlular -- not the phone company -- as in "one") ... so I don't think it could be stereo as silverado asked.

    Play nice, boys, or you won't get any pie!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  6. #6  
    Apologies - just checked that web site and it appears to have only ONE product, not the many I thought it had (searched for "stereo headset connector adaptor").

    Nevermind!

    (post-post addendum - stereo headsets are available everywhere, including with mike - I was looking for an adaptor in case the headset wasn't directly compatible with the TREO 600's jack. The search turned up the 2nd web page above mentioning many adaptors...)
  7. #7  
    Plantronics makes great headsets, but for some reason Nokia is the only ones that get the end/send button? Now I have an extra headset from my I700 that was stereo and had the end/send so others can do it too, but I wonder if it will work on the T600?
  8. #8  
    hi, look for skullcandy.com online, i belive they make one and i also think they will have one thta will work 4 the treo 600, take care, jay
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by silverado
    Seeing as I might use my Treo 600 to listen to music, does anyone know if there are stereo headsets (i.e., headphones with a mic) that could be used to listen and talk on a cell phone? I know the connector is an important factor, but lets forget this for now. Do such accessories exist?

    Thanks
    Doesn't the jack double the functionallity of the Mic connector as the other audio channel on a stereo headset? I think I remember seing a post about this. If so then the headset would probably have to have some sort of manual switch to go from stereo audio to mic. I may be remembering this wrong though.
  10. #10  
    Nice site. thanks.
  11.    #11  
    skullcandy.com has nice headsets but they are meant for using two devices (audio device and a phone), so they have two connectors.

    If lnichols is right, then I think we'll need some special switches or connectors.

    I'm sure this will get sorted out in gruesome detail once people have their hands on some 600's.
  12. #12  
    I noticed that skullcandy has 2 inputs... neat site, and cool product, but...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...918#post242918

    Kyocera headset??
  13. #13  
    What about the O2 XDA headsets? Can't find what type of jack it uses but it seems to do exactly what we're looking for here.

    O2 XDA headset
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by silverado
    skullcandy.com has nice headsets but they are meant for using two devices (audio device and a phone), so they have two connectors.

    If lnichols is right, then I think we'll need some special switches or connectors.

    I'm sure this will get sorted out in gruesome detail once people have their hands on some 600's.
    Do you think that this might be a workable solution?

    Heck, I really like this company's logo -- imagine a Treo 600 with a Skullcandy headset ... oh man, I'm so in it's not funny!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by Mol
    What about the O2 XDA headsets? Can't find what type of jack it uses but it seems to do exactly what we're looking for here.

    O2 XDA headset
    Good find! That will look great with a Silver Treo 600.


    FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by daftgem


    Good find! That will look great with a Silver Treo 600.
    Here's the US link!

    Still stocked from the UK I believe. But only $15!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  17. #17  
    Here's a dumb question, posted here to avoid thread proliferation ...

    If I use the Treo 600 as an mp3 player, what will happen when someone calls? Will the call go through? If it does go through, will I have to fumble in the program quickly to turn the volume down before I can really take the call, or will it be smart enough to pause or mute the music when I get the call?
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Here's a dumb question, posted here to avoid thread proliferation ...

    If I use the Treo 600 as an mp3 player, what will happen when someone calls? Will the call go through? If it does go through, will I have to fumble in the program quickly to turn the volume down before I can really take the call, or will it be smart enough to pause or mute the music when I get the call?
    The manual says:
    If audio (MP3 music, for example) is playing, and a call arrives, you can still
    hear the phone ringing softly. To answer the call, do one of the following:
    • Using the 5-way navigation control, choose the onscreen Answer button.
    • Press the headset button (if headset is attached).
    The audio continues playing but you won’t hear it during your call.
    In addtion, someone on there said that PocketTunes pauses when a phone call comes.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Here's a dumb question, posted here to avoid thread proliferation ...

    If I use the Treo 600 as an mp3 player, what will happen when someone calls? Will the call go through? If it does go through, will I have to fumble in the program quickly to turn the volume down before I can really take the call, or will it be smart enough to pause or mute the music when I get the call?
    I think the 600 comes, via a free download, with PockeTunes. I think this program is smart enough to do what you ask.

    But not having a 600 to play with, LIKE SOME LUCKY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD, I couldn't tell you for sure.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by tjd414


    I think the 600 comes, via a free download, with PockeTunes. I think this program is smart enough to do what you ask.

    But not having a 600 to play with, LIKE SOME LUCKY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD, I couldn't tell you for sure.
    Yes, but it seems that the OS can handle it even if the mp3 player doesn't (as I posted above). Very cool!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions