Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by tjd414

Here's the US link!

Still stocked from the UK I believe. But only $15!!!!
    If the connector works, this would be wonderful!
    Originally posted by silverado

If the connector works, this would be wonderful!

Aaaaarrrgh! 2.5mm jack but 3 rings. And I was so happy that the 600 finally had a standard 2.5 mm with 2 rings.

Apart from this, the headset here is looking even more nifty.
    Originally posted by Mol

Aaaaarrrgh! 2.5mm jack but 3 rings. And I was so happy that the 600 finally had a standard 2.5 mm with 2 rings.

Apart from this, the headset here is looking even more nifty.
    That PXDAA looks awesome! Great find, man.
    I've sent an email to PC-Mobile to ask them about the same headset but for the Samsung i700. From the pictures it looks like it might have the correct 2.5mm with 2 rings.

Samsung i700 headset/audio adapter
    PPC Techs also made one for the I700 that had what we are talking about here.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ppcthsa.asp

Maybe they will also make one for the T600. Email on its way along with a request about Screen protectors.
    Alright... this is like pissing me off...

I asked this same question like 2 months ago, and I had like no response back then...

What the headphone should be like is one plug, going to a mic, and a stereo headset. If hardware requires it, a SWITCH to switch between phone mode/headphone mode. I hope somebody makes something like this soon... I'm very tempted to go solder one together myself now...
    One of the mission possible event threads talked about this I think. They said that stereo was possible with an optional adapter or something.

Seems like it was the NY event.
    Hi, actually I am hoping a 3 ring to 2 ring 90 degree adpater, which is featured in the treostore.com site will wrok with the skullcandy streo headset.

Due to my disablity, I cann use an ear budy type headset, so I need an over thear one.

look at the this one at skullcandy:

http://skullcandy.com/

It does feture a call pick up button, which I think will work with nokia phones, which at least int he case of the 300 was the default standard. You can listen to both stereo and tel at the same time. I hope it works. take care, jay
    Originally posted by Mol
    I've sent an email to PC-Mobile to ask them about the same headset but for the Samsung i700. From the pictures it looks like it might have the correct 2.5mm with 2 rings.

Samsung i700 headset/audio adapter
    PC-Mobile's reply is that it is a specific i700 plug, but they will make one for the Treo as soon as it is available over there (they're in Hong Kong).

BTW, I've bought a couple of accessories for a Sony Z5 from them a long time ago. They seem to be quite good in producing generic accessories with phone specific adapters, so I'm having good hopes the headset will be available soon.
    I really want and send/end button too either on the jack or cable maybe the Nokia headsets would work then form Plantronics.
    I noticed on www.mobileplanet.com, if u search Treo 600, they list a bunch of Handspring 600 accessories, including a stereo headset....I wonder if this fits the bill?
    Originally posted by Mol

PC-Mobile's reply is that it is a specific i700 plug, but they will make one for the Treo as soon as it is available over there (they're in Hong Kong).

BTW, I've bought a couple of accessories for a Sony Z5 from them a long time ago. They seem to be quite good in producing generic accessories with phone specific adapters, so I'm having good hopes the headset will be available soon.
    They're based in HK? I'd be careful about buying headsets from HK... the last one I got there lasted me about 5 days... (I'm not kidding) so make sure there's warranty on it...
    Here's an update from PC-Mobile after they had looked at the specifiations of the Treo that I had sent them:

The 2.5mm plug is a very unusual design and I do not think anything on the
    market for other phone/PDA now is compatible. A combination headset/stereo
    headphone has to be made specially for Treo 600.

Of course, standard 2.5mm headset and headphone adapters can be used separately.
    Looks like we need to have a little patience...but hey, we've had lots of practice of that over the last months
    Mol --

What a sense of humor -- the new avatar is great! Hope everyone knows why it's the right one!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by silverado

skullcandy.com has nice headsets but they are meant for using two devices (audio device and a phone), so they have two connectors.

Originally posted by tjd414

Do you think that this might be a workable solution?

Heck, I really like this company's logo -- imagine a Treo 600 with a Skullcandy headset ... oh man, I'm so in it's not funny!
    All of the headsets on the site have a 3.5 plug for your mp3 player. THEN.. another plug for your phone. So you can plug in two devices. We want a single 2.5 plug that plugs into just the treo. Like this one. http://pc-mobile.net/pxdaa.htm I love it, cuz you can use your own headset, as this it the part that always "goes bad" for me.

Even tho the skullcandy is cool, as I looked closer, I realized what is really was. still cool, but not the solution.
    Originally posted by nmotion

All of the headsets on the site have a 3.5 plug for your mp3 player. THEN.. another plug for your phone. So you can plug in two devices. We want a single 2.5 plug that plugs into just the treo. Like this one. http://pc-mobile.net/pxdaa.htm I love it, cuz you can use your own headset, as this it the part that always "goes bad" for me.

Even tho the skullcandy is cool, as I looked closer, I realized what is really was. still cool, but not the solution.
    I've done some looking at XDA... that's a 4-pin 2.5mm plug (like the ones on Treo 300) i.e. won't fit in Treo 600.
    This is a Nokia product - 2.5mm plug. Works with the Treo 270. Are we sure it won't work with the 600?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by Tamim
    This is a Nokia product - 2.5mm plug. Works with the Treo 270. Are we sure it won't work with the 600?
    Three rings -- I'm guessing ... NO. Great headset though.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by conflagrare

I've done some looking at XDA... that's a 4-pin 2.5mm plug (like the ones on Treo 300) i.e. won't fit in Treo 600.
    Oh snap, you're right, I was looking at the 3.5 plug 2 ring. The 2.5 is 3 ring
    PC-Mobile emailed me last night that they're going to send me a headphone adapter to test it. They will also send me a prototype of the combined headset/headphone adapter once they have it ready.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast