1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

Here are some photos I took during the Mission Possible event in San Francisco on Wed. Oct. 1, 2003. It was absolutely amazing! The free food was pretty good as well and I was sure to take advantage of it.

I threw together a quick web page photo gallery so you can view the images from the event. Click HERE!

Cheers!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    cool pics, who is joe sipher?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    > ...who is joe sipher?

Gack.

-- http://www.handspring.com/company/execteam.jhtml
    Stupid question, but were any of those photo's taken with the 600?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  5.    #5  
    No, those photos were taken with a Sony DV cam. But I DID test the Treo 600 camera indoors and it was terrible! Even when Joe Sipher took a pic of himself using the Treo 600, it came out sooo bad it was kinda embarrassing. But he gave a good demo of how easy it is to take a photo and then email it in just a few easy steps. The camera will be adequate for outdoor use but I think indoors will require very strong lighting.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Well, I have a Sanyo 8100 camera phone and the indoor quality is pretty shotty. Outdoors it's quite good. Of course, if you hope to take quality photo's with a phone or PDA, you aren't being realistic at this point.

Has anyone compared the 600's camera with other camera phones? That is a more realistic and fair comparison.

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    After seeing these pictures, I feel like I was there.
    Thanks SO much Ray.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Llynx
    After seeing these pictures, I feel like I was there.
    Thanks SO much Ray.
    My pleasure Llynx!

I only wish they had the "Bond girl" like they did at the Mission Possible in NYC.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Originally posted by RayUSA

My pleasure Llynx!

I only wish they had the "Bond girl" like they did at the Mission Possible in NYC.
    thanks for the pix ray! i'm still beating myself up over not going to the event. i could have pulled up in my Z3 & been the bond girl.
    Thxx Ray,,,,,, BTW did you ask when the T600 GSM unlocked is coming out on HS site??????
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by X-MAN
    Thxx Ray,,,,,, BTW did you ask when the T600 GSM unlocked is coming out on HS site??????
    I didn't get an exact date but Ed did say that it shouldn't be much longer of a wait than the others, for whatever that's worth.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Wow! Thanks for sharing those pics! Also, is it me or is Ed Coligan wearing the exact same tan colored suit in every pic I see him in? Oh well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Wow! Thanks for sharing those pics! Also, is it me or is Ed Coligan wearing the exact same tan colored suit in every pic I see him in? Oh well...
    he is like Matlock. Many suits, just one color.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have compared the photos I have seen on these pages and the photos I have seen from the SE P800 and the Samsung SPH-i700. I also must in all fairness point you to the only phone I have seen with a quality 640x480 camera, the Sharp-GX20.

It appears worse to me than all three of the phones I have listed. They rate as follows:
    1. Sharp GX20 as good as it gets for the resolution
    2. SE P800 usable but not very good
    3. i700 usable but also not very good
    4. Treo 600 usable but hardly worth using

Just my opinion.

Some links:
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=10&Id=464
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=14&Id=464
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=11&Id=464
    John
    The I700 camera wasn't horrible but then again I have a 4 Megapixel Sony for that. It worked when I needed it in a pinch for a quick shot of something when we were out shopping. Other than that its not your primary camera. How long have phones and PDA's been out that camera's were not in them and now it seems everyone wants a 1-2MP camera built in but at a low low price. The form factor won't support ultra small for ultra cheap in the camera game.