1.    #1  
    On my way to work this morning, a thought accured to me. When the 300 came out they offer us a rebate if you sent in your other handheld( i think you were suppose to get $100 credit on your sprint account). well i did as they asked and never received my discount and i remember several threads going around saying the basic same thing.

my questions is, is anyone concerned with a repeat performance?
    I'm hoping (note: hoping) that this is one where we enter the serial number of our Treo 300 on the Handspring site, buy the 600, and the discount is immediately taken off prior to entering our credit card information...

That would be most efficient....but we know how that goes with Sprint/Handspring...

Matt
    If you go back and review some of the threads from all three MP events (as related by our ever present T|C posters) a common theme was stated on the rebate/customer loyalty credit.

Each time it was mentioned by someone at these events, it was said that it would be available on the HS site. Now, just reading as such, my guess is that we will have to order the unit directly from HS to get the credit and they will then ship it to us.

Does this mean that we will have to choose?

Choice 1: If you want the credit, you will have to wait for the phone to be shipped to you from HS.

Choice 2: If you want the phone to use today, you walk into your local SPCS/T-Mo/AT&T/Cingular store, get a new 600 and no credit.

So, its either credit and wait or no credit and no wait.

Does anyone else read it this way?

Thanks ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    So, its either credit and wait or no credit and no wait.
    I don't think that's the way it'll be. If HS does decide to do that, that won't sit well with T-Mobile, Sprint and Cingular. They would have the new phone just sitting on the shelves, having lost most of their existing Treo customer base to HS.
    Originally posted by skfny

I don't think that's the way it'll be. If HS does decide to do that, that won't sit well with T-Mobile, Sprint and Cingular. They would have the new phone just sitting on the shelves, having lost most of their existing Treo customer base to HS.
    I don't think the carriers will care. Either way, they have the cellphone contract. They lose money on the handsets anyways. They'll take sales through any channel they can get them.
  6.    #6  
    that is what i am hoping for,(some sort of automatic credit) but i do have concerns. i do not want to be taken again

with that being said still will take my chances
    Originally posted by skfny

I would tend to disagree with you on this point. I think the carriers would rather have HS sell the hardware. There is no money in it for them.

Let's face it, if the phone (CDMA) costs $533.50 as mentioned on this thread why would Sprint sell it for $400? Simple, they make their money on the activation and monthly service. That's what they want and they want 2 year contracts -- not just for the potential revenues, but also to help in combatting LNP.

So, HS bears all (most) of the inventory costs and the shipping expenses and HS will market and get existing (SPCS, in my case) clients to extend contracts (perhaps) with no effort on their (SPCS) part.

No inventory and you do the selling for me, as the carrier? Heck, sign me up for that deal! Sounds like a no brainer to me!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  8.    #8  
    just talk to handspring sales rep and he confirmed that we will not have to turn in the 300 just give the serial number for a discount price

fyi
    anybody know if the phone will be available from HS at the same time its avail from sprint?
    As I mentioned way back (last week) after the NYC Mission:Possible, I spoke with several upper level people from HS and their statement was always the same -- the first place 600s will be available will be handspring.com. That being said (and having owned a HS unit since the company's birth), I cannot say for sure HOW FAST those units will be send out.
    In other words, you may be able to OWN treo600 before you HAVE a treo600, but you may HAVE a treo before those who OWN a treo.