1.    #1  
    The 600 is available for pre-ordering in the UK at mobileshop (http://www.mobileshop.com/mobilephon...ingtreo600.php) for 20 less than the previously posted onestopphoneshop price.
    'free' if you get a large monthly contract. - And you can downgrade to a lower talkplan after 120 days.

Possible that Orange will do a similar deal - and in orange you can change talkplan after 30 days.

Great deal for those high usage road-warriors out there
    If you look at the handset prices from Orange (and the other big UK operators, for that matter) they are almost always quite a bit more than the prices available from on-line shops such as those mentioned here. So, Orange will probably be around the 200 mark. Having just done the same comparison for the P800 I found it a lot cheaper on-line than direct from the carrier.
    and I see that release is set for next week - how confident are we that the phone will be available next week
    I called onestopphoneshop and they told me 10 days or so before they have stock. I asked if they anticipated huge demand (i.e. running out of initial stock quickly) and they said, "No, not really".
  6.    #6  
    I have taken the plunge, and ordered (or rather, pre-ordered) a 600 from mobileshop. The availability stated on the website is the week starting 6th Oct - this coming Monday - so hopefully I will receive it on Tues or Weds.

P.S. I realise that there has been no independent verification of 6th as the available date, so will not be too disappointed if there is a delay - I've waited this long (since about May), so a few more days (fingers crossed) won't make much difference.
    I've checked a couple of UK newsgroups and this shop appears to have a reputation for listing to-be-released phones for a low price and then once the phone is released all of a sudden the prices go up...their T&C allows them to do this. Of course you're allowed to cancel the deal at that moment as well.

Don't want to spoil the party, just wanted to let you know that you may want to continue to look at alternatives in the meantime.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Mol
    I've checked a couple of UK newsgroups and this shop appears to have a reputation for listing to-be-released phones for a low price and then once the phone is released all of a sudden the prices go up...their T&C allows them to do this. Of course you're allowed to cancel the deal at that moment as well.

Don't want to spoil the party, just wanted to let you know that you may want to continue to look at alternatives in the meantime.
    Thanks for the info. I am planning to continue looking for alternatives anyway, but I just want to have an order placed in case.